Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Remote lost connection after update
4539 9 2016-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mbernholdt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 517162 ft
Denmark

Hey guys
My remote fails to connect after updating it today. Was on a fligtht earlier today and when I came home i noticed a sligt tilt from the camera. But now when I start up the drone and remote the remote is not connecting to the drone.
I have tried to go in app and link the controller but nothing happens, it sais in the manual that the remote should make a small beep but nothing.
Pressing Linking remote controllers a pop up sais "Confirm Frequency settings?" and I press agree but nothing happends and it dosen't connect when I press the connect button on the aircraft.

App version: 2.6.0
Remote controller version: 1.5.70

Any help would be apreciated

2016-2-14
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which P3 model are you flying -> P3P/A/S/4K? Assuming P3P/A since you see the RC version.

Steps for P3P/A:
1) Power everything OFF.
2) Check that your RC antenna are parallel and oriented parallel to the legs of your P3.
3) Connect cable from RC to your mobile device
4) Turn on RC - left status LED is RED (no link)
5) Turn on craft - Look for LINK LED on side of P3, LED is RED (no link)

6) Launch DJI GO App on mobile device
7) Tap camera view
8) Tap RC settings
9) Tap Linking RC
10) Tap confirm to start link timer
11) RC will start beeping and light will be flashing blue
12) Press and hold the link button on left side of craft for 2 seconds then release
    You may need a paper clip, pen, screw driver, etc. to press and hold the button
2016-2-14
Use props
mbernholdt
lvl.2
Denmark

terrylewis Posted at 2016-2-14 23:34
Which P3 model are you flying -> P3P/A/S/4K? Assuming P3P/A since you see the RC version.

Steps for ...

Sry I have the Phantom 3 pro.
Have been trying this but the remote dosen't start to blink or beep.  
Is there a way to hard reset a remote perhaps reinstall firmware again ?

Edit. The lights on the remote are cyan/light blue and rest is white
2016-2-14
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mbernholdt Posted at 2016-2-15 06:47
Sry I have the Phantom 3 pro.
Have been trying this but the remote dosen't start to blink or beep.  ...

With everything turned off -> step 1)
Antennas vertical (step 2) and mobile device connected to RC (step 3).

When you first turn on the RC, the left-most LED is the STATUS LED. It should be RED. (Step 4)
IS it RED on start-up?
As you perform each step, Once you tap the Linking RC confirmation and the LINK timer begins, is that when the status LED turns cyan/light blue?
If so, press the button on the P3 and hold it for 2 seconds....

(yes there is a hard reset, but try one more time and look for feedback at each step)
2016-2-14
Use props
mbernholdt
lvl.2
Denmark

terrylewis Posted at 2016-2-15 00:02
Antennas vertical (step 2) and mobile device connected to RC ...

Have tried the process a couple of times now still no luck, regarding the very first led it is cyan/blue from the second i turn on the rc, it is like it dosen't load any software at all. not a beep or anything
2016-2-14
Use props
mbernholdt
lvl.2
Denmark

terrylewis Posted at 2016-2-15 00:02
Antennas vertical (step 2) and mobile device connected to RC ...

Hey Terry
Thanks for your time, i have send a support request to DJI europe I am off to bed so wont reply before tomorrow.
2016-2-14
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mbernholdt Posted at 2016-2-15 07:05
Have tried the process a couple of times now still no luck, regarding the very first led it is cya ...

Cool, You are correct, your RC needs to be reset. With the first led light on your RC turning cyan, it means that your RC 1765 module failed updating.
To perform the RC reset, you'll need to press FOUR buttons on your RC simultaneously.

The four buttons on the remote controller to hold at the same time, are the C1, C2, Recording and the Scroll that adjusts ISO. Meanwhile, spare another finger to turn the remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), then turn on the app and you’ll be able to download the firmware again and please follow the steps on the app and the remote controller will hence be updated. Here's a video of the four(4) finger salute:

2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

mbernholdt Posted at 2016-2-15 07:12
Hey Terry
Thanks for your time, i have send a support request to DJI europe I am off to bed so won ...

Resetting the  remote controller should work.  Please follow Terry's reply
2016-2-15
Use props
mbernholdt
lvl.2
Denmark

Hey again and thank you for your time
Still no success if been trying from my android but that just fails, then I decided to give it a go from my Ipad wich results in that the update begins the first light turns blue and its starts to beep for about 10 sec untill the first light turns cyan and the update fails. when I rerty it just keeps on failing.
A important note perhaps would be on my android it gives me the Remote controller version: 1.5.70 and on the ipad it sais Remote controller version: Unknown?

Any suggestions?
2016-2-15
Use props
mbernholdt
lvl.2
Denmark

Big Thanks to both of you I just had to be persistence.
Somehow after trying about a hundreds of times it took the update and the Rc and aircraft now communicates again :-)
2016-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules