ski trip bad exprience
862 2 2016-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raywongmusic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3747 ft
Hong Kong

I tried to do some video of the kids on the last day of our ski trip when the weather cleared up, I also discoverd some problems using the OSMO in real life situation.The kids do not like to stand still waiting for me to take off my gloves, take the case out, unzip the case, take out the osmo, put the case in the backpack, mount the camera, wait for wifi connections... I decided to carry the OSMO in my back pack without the case so I can just reach for it whenever I wanted.   I still have to mount the iphone and wait for connection but it is a lot quicker.
My freshly charged battery wouldn't turn on and the red light kept flashing!   Fortunatly my spare battery worked so I shot some footage, power off, unmount iphone and dump it in backpack.

When I took out the OSMO for second shot, it was on and really hot.   The power was switched on somehow and battery was down to 30%.  I shot a short video and put it away in the backpack again and try to conserve the battery for later.
It happened again the third time I took it out of the backpack, the power was on , the whole thing is hot, the power is down to 7%.  I ended up only able to shoot 3 clips that day.
I could not charge one of the battery when I went back to the hotel.  The red light kept flashing when I power on and if I try to charge it the green light would not go into charging(red) on the charger.   I somehow found out few days later the battery need to be re-activated by holding rec+power.

Dji would you re-design the power button, so it does not turn on accidently?   Could you make it power on only when holding down rec+power together?
2016-2-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello! I've read your experience with the Osmo. Thanks firstly for your feedback!
I'm sorry for the unhappy situation you had in your ski trip. But here, I'd like to give you some kind reminders:
1. Before using the Osmo, please make sure you've already understand the User Manual or relevant guidelines attached, or you can check that information and some FAQ on DJI official website: http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads  http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#faq
2. For the sake of the safety, please follow the maintenance methods strictly. All the accessories including the package are all specially designed for the Osmo which covering the consideration of safety and practicability and humanization.
3. When the Osmo is not used, I'll advise to unplug the battery and put it in the right way. The temperature may affect the battery's performance, so please take care of it in case of any accident.
At last, thanks a lot for your post and suggestions, we'll try our best to improve our service.
2016-2-15
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

well, very bad handling if you put your osmo without protection and yes it´s turned ON very easy.

i can confirm this is not the best way because you can switch it on bevore all locks are unlocked.

try to get more familar with your osmo
2016-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules