A new phantom is not working, no one is responsible?!?!?
1576 21 2016-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

The device is clearly wrong. Does not send the picture and the compass will not be calibrated. Everything has been tried. At no time were not flown. 3 mail sent! No reply!! What can I do??
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry you have not been contacted yet. What is your email and ticket number and I will make sure you are contacted.
Also, Which Phantom do you have and I can help you why you are not seeing video. Also in the Academy section of the app there is the full manual and tutorial videos and also one on calibrations.
Have you viewed any of those?
2016-2-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

PowerStroke, I'm sorry for your frustration, but i believe that your issue can be solved!
Please share your ticket number and we'll email you back.
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Also, i've just checked that your e-mail got responded yesterday, please check it
2016-2-16
Use props
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

Ticket number:163811

Yes, I got answer. I hope this issue can be solved.

PV331    Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0

I can´t see live feed on phone/taplet. I looked many videos and try old and new softwares. I  read many forum and see there are same problem many Phantom 2 Vision+ V3.0.

Compas calibration is mystery. I don´t understan why it allways fail.  However, the main problem is the lack of the image.
2016-2-16
Use props
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

Now I think get compass calibration ok,  I tried choose compass calibration on phone/tablet but that is enough. It have to switch S1 five times. I understand first that chosing on screen compass calibration it is enough but that not right. But anyway screen is still black That is real problem what I try to figure out all time without score. I have to send this drone to repair....

I send new post with right serial. First post gimbal serialnumber is not right, sorry

Br

Jukka
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PowerStroke Posted at 2016-2-16 22:15
Ticket number:163811

Yes, I got answer. I hope this issue can be solved.

I'm glad you got the compass calibration working, I have sent an email to support and they will contact you for a resolution and RMA.
What device are you using, you are connected to the aircraft because you can do a compass calibration. Are your camera settings ok?And you have tried rebinding everything?
Can you also try deleting the app and reinstalling it.
2016-2-16
Use props
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

Yes I tried many version of dji-vision app. versions 1.036 - 1.061 no help. Same other progmrams and put new software in camera. No help

http://droneslinger.com/software.html

My problem look like that:

No Video Signal

Br
Jukka
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PowerStroke Posted at 2016-2-17 00:57
Yes I tried many version of dji-vision app. versions 1.036 - 1.061 no help. Same other progmrams and ...

Ok, if it's never been crashed then it looks like it may need to come in for repair.
I have sent an email and someone should be contacting you.
2016-2-16
Use props
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

"There is 3 main ARM computation cores in both the DJI Phantom 2 Vision and the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+. 1 is a camera buffer and also controls recording and photo taking, it also relays the video to the 2nd chip and the SD card files directly to the 3rd chip. The 2nd chip is the Live Video Decoder. It converts the video the the requested format and then sends it to the 3rd chip, it gets the hottest and is the one that fails in the situation. the 3rd chip decodes the telemetry data and is also part of the wifi daughterboard"

That story found one forum. Maybe something like that....
2016-2-16
Use props
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

Ok, That sounds great!

Never crashed, today I fly it first time about 5-10 second abut 50cm high. So drone is one time test today.

I'm just trying to get the video to work because I do not think flying is not a pleasure if you can not get pictures or videos.
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PowerStroke Posted at 2016-2-17 01:13
Ok, That sounds great!

Never crashed, today I fly it first time about 5-10 second abut 50cm high. S ...

No problem, then should be getting to you soon.
2016-2-16
Use props
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

Who pays for the transportation to service? I ask delivery price, it is about 200€! {:3_41:}

2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PowerStroke Posted at 2016-2-18 15:55
Who pays for the transportation to service? I ask delivery price, it is about 200€!

You can ask that question in the email correspondence you have with EU repair.
2016-2-18
Use props
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

Yes, I asked but they answer veeery slow. I´m waiting and waiting....
Finland ----> The Netherlands repair office cost fedex or dhl about 200€

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -wifi-module.20006/

There is lot off information about the problem. It is insane if delivery cost 200€ and wifi module cost only 189$ on ebay.

But I´m waiting... Camera warranty is 6 month and I won this product 10 month old. Is it possible that wifi is out off warranty and I have to pay repair?

If that is true I can forget this repair    
This is copied DJI web site
"DJI requests that customers are responsible for shipping costs when sending their product(s) in for return, repair or exchange.
Technical staff of after-sales service centers will examine the product to identify the problem and responsibility. If it is a quality problem of the product itself, DJI will accept all the test cost,"

2016-2-18
Use props
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

support.eu5 (DJI)
Feb 19, 01:51

Dear Jukka,

Thank you for contacting the DJI Support.

You need to use on of the shipping companies available to you.
Unfortunately we do not cover the shipping costs towards us. Everything else however is take care of by us.

Thanks for choosing DJI.

Kind regards,

DJI Support EU
Stefan

2016-2-18
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

PowerStroke Posted at 2016-2-18 10:06
support.eu5 (DJI)

Typical DJI customer service!
No that is NOT a question.  It is a factual statement based upon many unsatisfactory experiences.
2016-2-18
Use props
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

DJI warranty is joke
2016-2-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PowerStroke Posted at 2016-2-19 02:06
support.eu5 (DJI)

I don't know how everything works over there. Looks like they are paying the shipping back to you. I am sorry you had an issue, the remote controlle warranty is 6 months.Your thread says NEW Phantom, but you say you won it 10 months ago so I'm not understanding how it's a new Phantom.
Regardless, they will let you know if it's a warranty item or not.
2016-2-19
Use props
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

It is bought april 29 2015 when competition start. Now competition end and winning price send winner. So it is 10 month old when I get it. I do not have it 10 month! I get it about month
2016-2-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PowerStroke Posted at 2016-2-20 04:02
It is bought april 29 2015 when competition start. Now competition end and winning price send winner ...

You will need to ask them in the email. Since it was purchased long ago but registered recently than I don't know about warranty.
2016-2-20
Use props
PowerStroke
lvl.1

Finland

That is a good advise!

I tried ask If they send me to new wifi module and I replace broken wifi module my self. It is easiest way solve this problem
2016-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules