Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No signal
1085 14 2016-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ciancr
lvl.1

United States

Hi

I don't know if i am in the right place but if you could help out that would be great.

I am having a lot of issues with no signal from the dji app -

I  would be up a between 10 - 30 meters ( within the control airspace limit)  to get a video / photo of a  location and would get low signal from time to time while flying around , I have tried everything from the  video here :

to standing higher on a wall or raising the controller which would work for a while then I  would get no signal again

* also I have tried to get  few photos/video  from beaches and my video input would go black or lag which would effect what i am seeing, I  have noticed that these are don't have any mobile signal showning on my phone could that have a effect?

for example yesterday I was at a beach and my max alt was 22m ( but the video was being laggy which made it hard to get  good photo or video )

Nearly every beach I have been to I get a issue with the video being laggy /no signal

Any ideas?

Thanks

2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What device are you using?
And what Phantom do you have?

Listed below are the recommended devices that work with the Go app.

iOS Version v2.6.0. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.6.0. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-2-16
Use props
Ciancr
lvl.1

Ireland

I am using a phantom 3 standard and a iPhone 5s
2016-2-16
Use props
Ciancr
lvl.1

Ireland

Sorry for the double post,  I have the latest software downloaded to the P3S via the dji app  app version 2.6.0 ios 9.2.1  could black spots in mobile coverage have a effect with the drone via gps and connection to the drone   As I mentioned i am getting no signal / lag in the video  in beaches & around a church /open field    Thanks
2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ciancr Posted at 2016-2-18 17:37
Sorry for the double post,  I have the latest software downloaded to the P3S via the dji app  app ve ...

So everything works correctly when you fly close to you and when you get some distance then it loses signal correct?
If so, what is your email and I will have someone contact you to assist.
2016-2-18
Use props
almonte31
New

United States

@DJI-Ken i have same issue as you discri
2016-2-18
Use props
almonte31
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-18 10:43
So everything works correctly when you fly close to you and when you get some distance then it los ...

Same issue here almonte31@gmail.com   please help
2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

My post was for the other person and he is in another country. That's why i asked for his email so I can contact someone overseas.Have you tried to reset the WiFi?
And what is the range you get before losing signal?
For you, please call 818-235-0789 and tell them the range you are getting and they will start an RMA.
And sorry you are experiencing this.
2016-2-18
Use props
Ciancr
lvl.1

Ireland

I am in Ireland

email address ciancrowdy(@)hotmail(dot)com

thanks
Cian
2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ciancr Posted at 2016-2-19 02:16
I am in Ireland

email address ciancrowdy(@)hotmail(dot)com

Thanks, I sent an email and someone will contact you.Your first post said you are in the US.
2016-2-18
Use props
Ciancr
lvl.1

Ireland

Thanks for that, I'll just wait for that email to arrive
2016-2-18
Use props
fbarski
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken, could you have someone contact me also?  New P3S for Christmas using approved  S5 phone and having the same exact issue...no signal around 300 ft altitude.  My email is fbarski@msn.com thank you!
2016-2-18
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-18 16:11
My post was for the other person and he is in another country. That's why i asked for his email so  ...

Ken - could you explain "reset the wifi" please?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, and I'm having the same issue as the OP.

Solved the issue, but cost me £320 to do so - upgraded the tablet - bought a new Samsung S2 32GB ... beautiful piece of kit and seems to have solved every issue I had with DJI Go not running on my older tablet.  
2016-2-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Old Geezer Posted at 2016-2-21 20:40
Ken - could you explain "reset the wifi" please?

I'm not sure what you mean by this, and I'm havi ...

Here's how to reset the WiFI on your Phantom3 Standard, page 26 in the manual.
Phantom3 Standard WiFi reset.jpg
2016-2-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fbarski Posted at 2016-2-19 13:32
DJI-Ken, could you have someone contact me also?  New P3S for Christmas using approved  S5 phone and ...

I just saw your post, tomorrow can you please call 818-235-0789 and they will have you return it for repair.
2016-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules