viewing video on games console
6461 20 2016-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonF
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I think I know the answer to this one but has anyone had any luck playing video direct from the SD card on a games console such as a PS4 or Xbox one? it's just I changed the file type from .MOV to MP4 and it still doesnt work. I guessed it was a codec issue but wanted to know if there was a work around?

Cheers
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

That's an interesting question! Never tried to play a video on a Ps4 or Xbox... Maybe you also can ask it on a PlayStation forum  
2016-2-16
Use props
JonF
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-16 12:06
That's an interesting question! Never tried to play a video on a Ps4 or Xbox... Maybe you also can a ...

it would make reasonable sense for it to work as both those consoles support MP4 but no joy, I've got a feeling it's the resolution it doesn't support however i've also got a 4k samsung TV and i get an 'audio codec not supported' message when I try directly from that. I may drop the resolution and try again.
Good idea, i'll try xbox / playstation forums
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

JonF Posted at 2016-2-16 20:17
it would make reasonable sense for it to work as both those consoles support MP4 but no joy, I've  ...

Please let us know the result! Thank you!
2016-2-16
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Try actually recording it in mp4 in the first place, not .mov.  I've actually played mp4 on PS3 without problems, I don't think I've even tried .mov because it usually requires codecs associated with Quicktime to be installed.  I would think you need to transcode it from one codec to another using something like Handbrake for it to work as you intended.
2016-2-16
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

I bought a Roku 3 just for playing the Phantom Videos on the TV. Works great, you can set up plex media server on one of your computers and keep all your videos there and play them on roku 3. Its a great little device for playing HD footage of almost any type.
2016-2-16
Use props
MixU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1025620 ft
Finland

I haven't tried on consoles, but i'm pretty sure mp4 files from phantom will work on those. At least my LG and Sony smart tv's play them without problems. But you can't just change the filetype, that won't work. The audio codec message pops up because there is no audio on those files. But yeah, use handbrake or similar to code your files to mp4. I also think its better to record in mp4 rather than mov because of compatibility.
2016-2-16
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

gustofusion Posted at 2016-2-16 10:02
I bought a Roku 3 just for playing the Phantom Videos on the TV. Works great, you can set up plex me ...

Not the best footage captured from My I pad mini
2016-2-16
Use props
JonF
lvl.1

United Kingdom

endotherm Posted at 2016-2-16 13:51
Try actually recording it in mp4 in the first place, not .mov.  I've actually played mp4 on PS3 with ...

Hi Endotherm, I am recording in MP4 but it just won't work, i've got a PS3 but not tried it yet, I have heard it has a better media player than the PS4 so will give it a go in a while.
2016-2-16
Use props
JonF
lvl.1

United Kingdom

gustofusion Posted at 2016-2-16 15:02
I bought a Roku 3 just for playing the Phantom Videos on the TV. Works great, you can set up plex me ...

That's pretty smart, I store the footage on Microsoft one drive and then play it on my iPad via the MS Office app which kind of  works except that 2.7k video takes a good internet speed to work properly and unfortunately due to my location proper fibre optic hasn't reached us yet.
I noticed in your video it streams lovely at full resolution, what net speed do you have and can you cache the videos?
2016-2-16
Use props
JonF
lvl.1

United Kingdom

MixU Posted at 2016-2-16 15:35
I haven't tried on consoles, but i'm pretty sure mp4 files from phantom will work on those. At least ...

I've been trying again since my first post and just cannot get it to work, I always record in MP4 and have since dropped the resolution to 1080p as I know the PS4 would run it but the more i try the more i'm convinced it's the audio codec that's the issue. i'm going to give handbrake a try cheers pal..
2016-2-16
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

JonF Posted at 2016-2-16 12:38
That's pretty smart, I store the footage on Microsoft one drive and then play it on my iPad via th ...

It's all on my local home network, Gigabit router and whatever is in the Roku Probably gigabit there too. I can play netflix at the highest resolution as well but Im guessing it's all maxed out at 1080p  the roku 4 supports 4k
2016-2-16
Use props
Fieldstone
lvl.2

United States

I just tried a 1080 MP4 video on the PS4. It wont play it. It does play on the xbox one.
2016-2-16
Use props
Sliquid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 332001 ft
United States

setup an internal plex server on your pc and put the videos on there, plex will transcode to the ps4 no issues. MP4 in general should work, but then again MP4 is just the container for the video, its what it is actually encoded with in the end that will make or break.
2016-2-16
Use props
MixU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1025620 ft
Finland

Ok, tried ps3 and ps4. Ps3 works and ps4 doesn't.
2016-2-18
Use props
djiuser_tfd3JsFxq0ER
lvl.1

United States

Now its easy to play all Android games for free on PC using Nox emulator. Download Nox emulator for Windows and enjoy all games for free.
2018-8-18
Use props
rossgellen00
New

India

djiuser_tfd3JsFxq0ER Posted at 2018-8-18 21:32
Now its easy to play all Android games for free on PC using Nox emulator. Download Nox emulator for Windows and enjoy all games for free.

Now I'm using nox player 6
2019-3-26
Use props
rossgellen00
New

India

2019-3-26
Use props
rossgellen00
New

India

Now I'm using Nox player 6.
2019-3-26
Use props
djiuser_w5hTCAEJI6JY
New

United States

Actually, I have used nox app player on my Windows and Mac but the old version is not working, I suggest you download nox player 6 to get started using the apps and games on your windows, mac computer.
2019-4-8
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

gustofusion Posted at 2016-2-16 07:02
I bought a Roku 3 just for playing the Phantom Videos on the TV. Works great, you can set up plex media server on one of your computers and keep all your videos there and play them on roku 3. Its a great little device for playing HD footage of almost any type.

I have the same setup. Works great indeed.
2019-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules