Australia

DJI Lightbridge.
The only reason I fly DJI.
2016-2-18
Use props
rowsemotors
New
Australia

I would for sure, I have had two Phantoms now, with a lots of positive and a few negative things happen.
First drone was a Phantom 2 vision, I crashed it after 3 days, was reshelled and great again for the next 11 months, until I did a firmware upgrade, after which I went out for a test flight. After a few minutes I got a little over confident and thought I would check out to see if I could fly above the 400 ft limit (bad decision). Unknown to myself at this time, you need to calibrate the compass every time before flying the drone. Anyway,  the drone went out of range, and normally would come home, this time it didn't happen and decided to fly away. Another mistake, which I didn't pick up on at the time, Check for large metal objects that can cause interference, swings, cars, building etc, can cause issues as I found out when trying to calibrate the compass on my new Phantom 2 ver 3 at the time. The Phantom 2 version 3 with the gimbal has been great fun. I have flown it for more than 200hrs now with little or no issues. The only thing DJI could do better, is have clearly instructions and a little more information on how to store and looks after you batteries etc. At the time I followed their instructions on how to look after the batteries, as they were not that clear and concise, I managed to have two batteries die prematurely. I have noticed over the last 6 months that DJi's information and forums have improved a lot in this regard. I have been looking at the Phantom 3 pro for a while now, as I would like a better camera for and the new features are amazing. It will be interesting to see what the Phantom 4 will offer. If it is anything like the previous models, it will be worth the wait. getting back to your question, I have looked at a lot of the other models at there, none of them compare to DJi's products. My  advise to you is, whatever you decide to buy, practice a lot, calibrate compass before use (), make sure your return to home altitude is set to 50m or above, this will allow for trees etc, last but not least, have fun..
2016-2-18
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-17 23:39
That's really strange. Mine is ready in less than 30 seconds.
I also have the app and RC on and al ...

Ken

during the warm up period ,
is the quad also  looking for a certain number of satellites partial lock of sorts) to be acquired prior to the "ready to fly-NON-gps"

I know it needs the magic number before the ready-GPS is given obviously.

If so , then warm up time could/would be different in different spots.
I see the OP is inside in his picture and while I do get sat lock in the house myself it does take longer than outside in the clear.
2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-2-19 00:43
Ken

during the warm up period ,

I was talking only about the IMU warm up "Aircraft Warming Up", not the satellite lock period time from "Safe to Fly non "GPS to "Safe to Fly GPS".
2016-2-18
Use props
j_hamblin
New

United States

I absolutely love my P3A. However, I do not love the camera. I live in Alaska and have had to deal with the blurry camera issue. At first I thought it was just the cold weather as it was close to 32* (0* C). But I have flown it more recently in 45* temps and it still has an issue with the center/right side of the camera being slightly blurry. The left side is razor sharp. I did some searching on the forum and have found a few people with the same issue as me, most of them pretty recent. I'm considering just buying a new lens from PeauProducts and trying to fix it myself. But for now I submitted an email to DJI customer support a (about a week ago) and still I am still waiting for a reply. Definitely have seen a lot of people complain about DJI's customer service probably a 2/1 bad/good so I am a little worried that I spent $830 on something that is not going to get fixed, or have someone tell me "thats normal" "use it in higher temperatures". I know the potential is there for it to be perfect. I have seen images/videos from P3's and they are awesome! I really wish there was a way for me to mount a gopro and still use the lightbridge functionality. All in all I probably would buy another one if something happened to this one because it is next to impossible right now for you to get the same features/price elsewhere. However I think its only going to be a matter of time before other companies see the potential market and there are other options for the same price. Here is a dropbox link with the DNG and JPEGS https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xkkzp ... fu-uRgy_fOiCa?dl=0.
2016-2-18
Use props
not the drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 529547 ft
United States

Yes – love my P3P – bums me out that I bought it full price now that there's crazy sales going on...but I've gotten some great footage in the past 6 months so, yeah, definitely don't have buyer's remorse.
2016-2-18
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-17 20:39
That's really strange. Mine is ready in less than 30 seconds.
I also have the app and RC on and al ...

Okay Ken
I did the NASCAR reset on my IMU and it is now very quick again....

I was going to provide you with the Shou screen video... but AirShou screen recorder quick working and I gave up

Rich
2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

not the drones  Posted at 2016-2-19 05:09
Yes – love my P3P – bums me out that I bought it full price now that there's crazy sales going on. ...

Ya, I get it. I was trying to sell my P3P for a few weeks and after the sale price now I'm going to have to lower my price
2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-19 11:52
Okay Ken
I did the NASCAR reset on my IMU and it is now very quick again....  

Good to hear. You you not fast enough last time
2016-2-18
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-18 11:50
I was talking only about the IMU warm up "Aircraft Warming Up", not the satellite lock period time ...

correct , I get that aspect. my question is this. let me try a different way.

while the quad is "warming up" it is looking for certain "thresholds" to be met , ( obviously these threshold's vary),
before it moves to step 2--ready to fly Non -GPS and then ready to fly -GPS.

My question specifically is : is it POSSIBLE that ONE of the "thresholds specs" needed by the quad FW to "allow" the quad to move on to step 2 is a set number of sats. as part of that minimum ready state.

say you need 8 for -safe-gps
but
maybe you need 5 sats minimum for NON-GPS as safety valve as part of the set points.
so before the message warming up goes away the quad needs to "see" those 5 sats or it stays in warm up mode.

these numbers are not real but only offered to demo the point.

2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-2-19 14:42
correct , I get that aspect. my question is this. let me try a different way.

while the quad is " ...

yes, during the warmup procedure it's checking everything making sure all systems are ok to fly. Then it goes into sate to fly non GPS and then the last step is after it's acquired enough satellites it goes to safe to fly GPS.
2016-2-19
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

No.

My P3P works.  Never a problem.

I don't like the way DJI does business.
2016-2-19
Use props
not the drones
lvl.1
United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2016-2-19 07:45
No.

My P3P works.  Never a problem.

What parts of their business do you not like?
2016-2-19
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-19 09:59
yes, during the warmup procedure it's checking everything making sure all systems are ok to fly. T ...

ok I figured that would be the case.

Then not only quad "temp" but startup LOCATION will have an effect on the "warming up" period.

No matter though as these p3's fire up so much quicker than the p2+ did...lol

thanks,
2016-2-19
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

javierdesigns Posted at 2016-2-16 13:02
I just received my Phantom 3 Pro today, it took only 10 days to get it back from the Repair Facility ...

Did they ever tell you what the issue ended up being with your camera gimbal?
2016-2-19
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

I'd buy another DJI product. I love my p3p great bit of kit. I worked for years with RC 6 channel helis with a company called blade and they were a real nightmare. The product build the firmware and software were/are terrible but saying all that I'd still fly them as they are one of the best out there for RC helis. To me going from blade to DJI was like heaven. The software and performance of the p3p is so great, stable and fun it's hard to believe.  

Who knows maybe one day I get rich and get me an inspire. And after this p3p gets old maybe upgrade to the new p4 or whatever's out new then ;)
2016-2-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-2-20 00:02
ok I figured that would be the case.

Then not only quad "temp" but startup LOCATION will have an ...

No problem, enjoy it and have fun.
2016-2-19
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

not the drones  Posted at 2016-2-19 09:52
What parts of their business do you not like?

1) Last year, when I purchased my P3P and two extra batteries, my money was cheerfully taken and the extra batteries didn't show up for 5 weeks.  Complete silence from DJI.

2) At this price point would you expect advertising in the DJI Go app?

3) The GEO fencing fiasco.  This was a quality control issue.  Need I say more?

4) A LOT of money on marketing, hiring well known actors to push the 'next' product when the current products aren't complete.  Marketing does not add value to the product and does not serve the customer.  Quite the opposite.  Fix the problems you have with the current product *before* marketing the next product.

Now please, do not respond with justifications for why DJI did any of the above.  I've worked in tech all my life.  You can have your opinion.  I have mine.  Sorry if we disagree.
2016-2-19
Use props
not the drones
lvl.1
United States

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2016-2-19 10:47
1) Last year, when I purchased my P3P and two extra batteries, my money was cheerfully taken and t ...

Wasn't trying to be antagonistic, just wanted to know what you meant.

Thanks for clarifying, those are all valid points (not that you were seeking validation... )...I'm also frustrated at the level of marketing in general...my personal philosophy is if you build a great product, they will come. Unfortunately, all too often when businesses reach a certain size they forget about the product and instead focus on the $$$.
2016-2-19
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

Yes, I will/would buy again.

Cutting edge technology with less hiccups when compared to the software cutting edge world I work.

120+ flights, 120+ catch landings, zero accidents since May/2015.

All I need is cash to buy more so... if you buy directly from DJI, please buy using buyDJI.ca to help me out.

Thank you.
2016-2-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

not the drones  Posted at 2016-2-19 11:35
Wasn't trying to be antagonistic, just wanted to know what you meant.

Thanks for clarifying, tho ...

Personally I would like DJI take the marketing garbage out of the GO App and go back to   (Pilot) aircraft centric software. If they want to offer all of the streaming and web based stuff put it into a separate App for those people that want it.

Rich
2016-2-19
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

Paniza Posted at 2016-2-19 13:54
Yes, I will/would buy again.

Cutting edge technology with less hiccups when compared to the softwar ...

Painfully obvious you are a DJI employee or affiliate.
2016-2-22
Use props
Paniza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1411801 ft
Canada

spiderbot.sb Posted at 2016-2-22 07:37
Painfully obvious you are a DJI employee or affiliate.

Hi Spiderbot, sorry to hear you think that way.

Well, I do get some change if you use the url buyDJI.ca to purchase something... no secret there.

Other than that, I have no relations to DJI.

Yes DJI can be painful but the product (for the most part) and the communities such as this one make up for it.

Cheers!
2016-2-22
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-19 16:30
No problem, enjoy it and have fun.

Ken, I hope you don't mind me asking, but as your probably aware there are a lot of rumours going around at the moment regarding the P4. Is there going to be one any time soon, or do you not know, (shhh).
2016-2-23
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

yes as long as it's under 1200 and the us exchange rate is not as crazy
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Tintin Posted at 2016-2-24 00:00
Ken, I hope you don't mind me asking, but as your probably aware there are a lot of rumours going  ...

We don't have any new announcements to make at this time. Please continue following us on our official website and our social media platforms for the latest confirmed news from DJI
2016-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules