Golf course/Real Estate tips
936 8 2016-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lil' Outdoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294777 ft
United States

Hey guys I was just wondering if you have any video tips for Golf Courses/Real Estate. Here is a video of a local golf couse that i made. I dont have my faa exemption yet so this video was given to the owner for free. Thanks.

2016-2-16
Use props
leorvasquez
lvl.2
United States

The only thing that caught my eye was the over exposure on some of the shots. Have you thought using an ND filter?
Also, why do you need an exemption for this kind of flight, and what does that have to do with you giving the video away to someone for free? :-)

Leo
2016-2-16
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

You've got a great place to film there, it is just the jerky yaws and such that detract from it.

My advice would be to not fly it manually, use Litchi and Google Maps to plan out a flight with smooth turns and POIs (points of interest.)

It can be flown manually with skill, first order of business is to smooth out your yaw.  You can tune it to some degree in the DJI Go app.
2016-2-16
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

A lot of your footage is washed out and overexposed.

The biggest distraction is the constant jerky speed varying yaw shots and fiddling with getting the aircraft properly lined up. Yaws are difficult. You can use some of the automated features to get something smoother. Also, edit out all the flight adjustments and just show just the footage that has the camera flying smoothly. Otherwise it looks like a wandering eye searching for something.

Try changing you altitude and camera angle. Shooting with the camera from a higher vantage pointing the camera straight down can be very dramatic.

Good luck. You will get it with practice. The Phantom is easy to fly, but a little harder to master if you want to make professional looking interesting video.
2016-2-16
Use props
Lil' Outdoo
lvl.2
United States

leorvasquez Posted at 2016-2-16 13:41
The only thing that caught my eye was the over exposure on some of the shots. Have you thought using ...

Some shots were over exposed as it was a very sunny day and i could barely see my iPad screen. And i will probably getting an nd filter soon. I mentioned the faa exemption because the owner wanted to pay me for the video but i don't have the faa exemption so i gave it to him for free.
2016-2-16
Use props
Lil' Outdoo
lvl.2
United States

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-2-16 13:41
You've got a great place to film there, it is just the jerky yaws and such that detract from it.

My ...

I prefer to fly manually to have more control over the aircraft (with gps and gyroscopes these things pretty much fly themselves). With preprogramed flights there are many fly aways and issues. I need to smooth out my yaw and fly in atti for smoother shots.
2016-2-16
Use props
Lil' Outdoo
lvl.2
United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-2-16 14:04
A lot of your footage is washed out and overexposed.

The biggest distraction is the constant jerky  ...

Thank you for your tips, i will be getting an nd filter soon to help prevent the image from being washed out. Cheers
2016-2-16
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

I'd recommend adjusting the Expos in the DJI app to give you a slower initial rate of yaw.; that'll make your flight smoother, more natural, and reduce the "twitchiness". If you search YouTube for Expo, there are some great tutorials.

The other thing that might help is to shoot a number of different shots and then edit together afterwards. You can shoot a film in one take end-to-end but it takes a lot of practice to have something that's engaging to watch.
2016-2-16
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

United States

Lil' Outdoo Posted at 2016-2-17 08:31
I prefer to fly manually to have more control over the aircraft (with gps and gyroscopes these thi ...

I think you will find that properly programmed Litchi flights are both very smooth and very reliable.   Keep it high enough, keep the beginning and end waypoints near the same place, have it hover ~25 feet up at the end so you can just manually land/catch it.  If you put in the prep work into missions with POIs and Litchi-generated smooth turns it will reward you greatly.

As long as you aren't flying waypoint missions to near the battery capacity (15+ minutes of flight) it isn't risky at all IMO.  
2016-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules