**Phantom 4 Price RELEASED!!**
6320 68 2016-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Don't disagree the P3 has a lot of great assets over its predecessor (10 times is a wee stretch!)
For me not a question of needing to but wanting to upgrade/add to the stable and with another otherwise perfectly working Phantom I have been in no rush, winter here has been long and wet...
Anyhow, will see what comes out and go from there...Always good to see progress
2016-2-17
Use props
rowsemotors
New
Australia

NepenthesLucas Posted at 2016-2-17 15:15
So ill be poor and living in a box in the streets after I buy this :-)

But you will be having lots of fun
2016-2-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paniza Posted at 2016-2-17 09:17
The new model controls sharks with laser beam attached to their heads.

Ya,baby ya!!!!!!
2016-2-18
Use props
pfalcon
lvl.2

United States

With this new P4 model coming out, I wonder which of the 4 P3 models DJI will discontinue in the near future.  My guess would be the new P4 will eventually settle in at a price point around $1300 USD (after the initial release full price point).  At that point, I hardly see a reason for DJI to keep the P3P in the lineup, as it would simply take away from P4 sales.  So I am guessing the P3P and P3-4K will be discontinued soon (since my very unscientific opinion of 4K sales is that few were/are sold)

I can easily see a lineup of P3S at $500
                                               P3A at 700-$800
                                               P4? at ~$1300

This would cover most price points for the beginner - enthusiast market.
2016-2-18
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

Kit Walker Posted at 2016-2-17 00:35
iPhone sales tactics showed people will buy the newest model just because of 1 or 2 new features.
Pe ...

Still, iPhones generally do not nearly double in price based on 1 or 2 new features. $1,000 to $1700 is a big jump and does not make an upgrade a simple choice. There must be something more to it than that.
2016-2-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

CFM01 Posted at 2016-2-17 08:50
Enthusiasts could be more than professionals!

For $1700 it better be a smaller Inspire 1!

I'm sure it will have features similar to the yet to be released yuneec H such as retractable landing gear, collision avoidance and a better camera but we will have to wait months for them to release the SDK so a third party developer can make it work properly, the DJI Go app is worthless. They should call it the DJI camera adjustment app.
2016-2-18
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-18
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2016-2-19 06:03
Okay, FANBOY.

1. The Autel X-Star is able to go 1.2 Miles (I'd say it's LightBridge worthy)

It's a feeble attempt to be dismissive when you start a post with OK Fanboy.

There's nothing wrong with understanding that DJI has carved a huge market share by producing superior ready to fly drones at attractive prices.  DJI outsells all other competitors put together by a wide margin because none have so far been able to match their performance or price.

Yes .. a Phantom 4 would need to offer something very special to tempt me.  I suspect it won't but I'll be interested to see what they come up with.

None of the three hopefuls that you mention is yet available to buy and real user reviews aren't available so whether they are really competitive is still unknown.
We've seen claimed Phantom-killers come and go and failing to live up to their pre-release marketing hype.
Remember the 3DR Solo? .. How about the Tali H500 and what happened to Prodrone?
I'd wait to see how any new drone performs before getting too excited.
What we do know is that:

The Autel was launched (but not released) over a year ago.
If it lives up to the specs it may come close to matching the abilities of the P3 that has been available for 9 months.
I don't see anywhere that it exceeds the P3 and it will be interesting to see if it comes close to Lightbridge.  
Autel claim "up to 1.2 miles" .  If that is in optimal conditions, it's not a match for Lightbridge at all.

Prodrone .. the Premium might be interesting for the ability to carry a larger camera - I'm wanting to see how it performs.  Claimed range is quite a bit less than Lightbridge and the price is quite a bit more than the P3.

The Yuneec when/if it gets released (no indication when) has a price of twice that of the P3 Advanced which flies 50% faster and much further.
The marketing gimmick of object avoidance might look good in a press release but I'm skeptical of how much it really adds in ability.
For my use, it may as well have cup holders.

So that's three hopefuls that aren't available yet.
On paper they aren't looking like they'll be superior machines but I'll be interested to see the Prodrone Premium.

I'm happy to have a machine that's been available since last April that delivers the goods rather than gush about anything unreleased that might deliver some of the goods some day.  Is that waht a fanboy is?
2016-2-18
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

2016-2-18
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2016-2-19 09:53
You're a fanboy if you think DJI Phantom is the greatest thing since Meat Pie. You're right about th ...

"You're a fanboy if you think DJI Phantom is the greatest thing since Meat Pie. "

The Phantom IS currently the best available ready to fly small drone.
That's a fact and it's impossible to argue against it.

Calling people fanboy as if it's some sort of derogatory expression for acknowledging facts is ridiculous and says a lot more about the one saying it than the one it's directed at.
2016-2-18
Use props
ArcticM39
lvl.2

United States

Competition is always good for the consumer. I have other drones (I wish I didn't), and none compares to the range, stability, and other features offered by the P3. It truly is the best flying camera out there. I guess that makes me a fanboy. I know the P4 will be even better, although it better be leaps and bounds above the P3A for me to upgrade.
2016-2-18
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-2-17 08:55
I won't be racing out to get one.

will you be walking out to get one then/?
2016-2-18
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

2016-2-19
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2016-2-18 17:53
You're a fanboy if you think DJI Phantom is the greatest thing since Meat Pie. You're right about th ...

I'm a fanboy!

But of course this is my first drone so......
2016-2-19
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-2-20 03:19
I'm a fanboy!

But of course this is my first drone so......

LOL I'm a fanboy too. But this isn't my first drone, I built an SK450 with a KK2.1 board on it and that was something hard to fly. No GPS no nothing. If your loose orientation, then your screwed lol!
2016-2-19
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

danieldust Posted at 2016-2-19 15:32
LOL I'm a fanboy too. But this isn't my first drone, I built an SK450 with a KK2.1 board on it and ...

Yeah, I sat by and watched the evolution for a while, till now.  
With the Lily, GoPro Karma, PS4 and so many others just about to be released is very exciting time.
But my focus was more the amount of users and helpful videos that made be really turn towards DJI.
Since Phantom 1, so many people, modding, changing, and teaching all the aspects of a quadcopter has made in my mind why DJI is in the fore front.
Of course this is now a game of King of the hill so who knows what the future will be.
2016-2-19
Use props
jacksdrone
lvl.3

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-2-17 20:58
What you have to ask yourself is what would you pay $500.00-$800.00 more for and hope to get knowing ...

I went from a p3s to p3p to yuneec (disaster) was planning on going p3a but will anxiously wait for p4 since I live in Buffalo, it's winter, and it's only a few days away until we know about new release
2016-2-21
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here are some quotes from Tony at FPVLR regarding the P4

"Latest news about the P4: It won't replace P3 , it will be sold alongside the P3, price will be $1699 to compete with Typhoon H."

"The other news is that there is no 360 degrees camera, just a stronger gimbal with dual motors on the tilt, and there is no rectractable landing skids.. So only one controller."

"it comes with Lightbridge 2 so it will be even better at range than P3, slightly so but better on paper. The P3P won't be able to do anything better than the P4, but it's pretty good itself so some people would choose it over the P4 just due to price. I think they are phasing it out. P4 will be able to keep a subject in its view just by tapping on the screen of your device which is nice. I think camera is 6k so video will be better as well."

"6K is all I understand"

"P4 is coming for sure but first or second week of April will be available for purchase"

"the GIMBAL will be mostly internal, so it won't hang down nearly as much as now, so more protected."
Not sure how accurate this is, but time will tell
2016-2-21
Use props
BJsCOOT2
lvl.2

United States

thumb Posted at 2016-2-17 12:56
My P3A is just fine for me and does more than I need it too other than maybe have dual rate switches ...

You can adjust the rate on sticks in APP from what I saw on YouTube.
2016-2-22
Use props
BJsCOOT2
lvl.2

United States

danieldust Posted at 2016-2-17 15:53
I reckon it will be $1,599

I reckon I'll just wait a bit and get the P3P at a greatly reduced price.
2016-2-22
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

WeLoveAerial Posted at 2016-2-17 09:18
To be honest the pricing is not bad ( If it actually competes with the Yuneec H ).. Personally we wi ...

Well i can tell you I wont be purchasing one, I have already got a P3S and waiting on a P3A so between the 2 i should be fine.
2016-2-22
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

So for 1700.00 you can threw a few more hundreds in and go with an Inspire.  
2016-2-22
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

I bet the high end of the range will debut at $1700 and a few months later a mid range model will be announced at $1300. I am looking forward to seeing what $1700 buys you though. One thing about DJI: They offer the best value for your money in the drone market.
2016-2-22
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

BJsCOOT2 Posted at 2016-2-22 11:00
You can adjust the rate on sticks in APP from what I saw on YouTube.

Yes you can but what I am talking about is a dual rate switch on the RC, one selection is full throw and the other is whatever you adjust it to in the app. That way when you are flying and need to switch to a different rate, you just flip the switch instead of fiddling around in the app and changing them while your bird is in the air. Believe me, much easier.
2016-2-22
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think for DJI to charge 1799.99 it needs to offer at least what the Typhoon H offers.  DJi has  the name recognition so there is no need for them to undercut the Typhoon H.   IF the P4 has less features then it should be priced less...

For me and what I want an AP Quad for, the Advanced does it for me at the price-point I budgeted for.  I'm not a photographer so you can tell me all that cool stuff about F/stop, and color something or other and its all Charlie Brown speak to me.   Next AP Quad I buy will be an AP Platform first.  Meaning flying is secondary to image and video capture.
2016-2-22
Use props
BJsCOOT2
lvl.2

United States

thumb Posted at 2016-2-22 17:50
Yes you can but what I am talking about is a dual rate switch on the RC, one selection is full thr ...

OK, gotcha. Like on a remote control airplane. Flown them since and used dual rate often.
2016-2-26
Use props
ddunbar1972
Ban Posts

2016-2-29
Use props
djiuser_cFOGoaM
New

Germany

if u want quality u gotta pay big money for Quadrocopter mit Kamera
2018-1-2
Use props
djiuser_cFOGoaM
New

Germany

Phantom 4 one of the best drones with camera  ever.
2018-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules