Inspire water saver!!!!
3890 14 2016-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

I used this on my p3p but will now use them on my inspire when I go over water. Really worth the $12. http://www.amazon.com/GetterBack ... ;keywords=rod+float
2016-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used to use these but can't seem to find them anymore.
BUT, since I never crashed in the water I can't say if they even worked or not.
http://www.water-buoy.com/
2016-2-16
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

oh wow! that's even cooler then the one I posted! lol it lighting up is perfect for nighttime,
2016-2-16
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-17 06:54
I used to use these but can't seem to find them anymore.
BUT, since I never crashed in the water I c ...

here you go Ken...http://www.waterbuoy.net/
2016-2-16
Use props
sshscp
lvl.2

United States

I saw a test video of one of these, not sure which brand it was, on a Phantom 3 and it was not able to float the P3.  So, I know it wouldn't float an Inspire!  A fishing rod weighs a lot less than a drone.  I've not seen any of these that is capable of floating a drone.  The link that americanrawlins posted advertises that it can life a maximum of 2.2 lbs.
2016-2-22
Use props
cegio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 671257 ft
  • >>>
Spain

using only 1  water bouy on a phantom does not work below 10 meters deep

2016-2-23
Use props
mikael
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

It doesn't work. The law of physics. If you have 1 gallon of air at the surface, it compresses to 50% at 30 ft below surface cutting the lifting power to half. At 60 ft below the surface it compresses by another 50% to 25% of the original volume, cutting the lifting power by half again. So If the lifting power is 4 lbs at the surface, it will be 2 lbs at 30 ft and 1 lbs at 60 ft. Since it doesn't deploy instantly when hitting water it won't be able to lift your drone. At least not those units I'm afraid. Sorry.
2016-2-24
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

the balloon one doesn't work with our drones..... but the 1st one I posted does. It activates some chemical and blows up. The yellow end then floats up to 100ft with an attached wire.
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-2-24 01:01
It doesn't work. The law of physics. If you have 1 gallon of air at the surface, it compresses to 50 ...

agreed

you would need a bunch of them
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

americanrawlins Posted at 2016-2-24 14:37
the balloon one doesn't work with our drones..... but the 1st one I posted does. It activates some c ...

Yep that is what I have heard.

I would go with the getherback
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

mikael@ohlen.nu Posted at 2016-2-24 01:01
It doesn't work. The law of physics. If you have 1 gallon of air at the surface, it compresses to 50 ...

agreed

Dave
2016-2-24
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I lost an X8 on a mapping mission into salt water. Needless to say that any machine is pretty much toast after a dunk in brine. I was able to use my P3P to search and find the bird and retrieved w/ kayak. Rinsed in fresh water, know all electrics are toast and the aluminum frame and fasteners will all corrode in short time. Short- measure your risk carefully
2016-2-25
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2016-2-25 22:25
I lost an X8 on a mapping mission into salt water. Needless to say that any machine is pretty much t ...

yes the water will ruin it, but as long as you retrieve the body you can send it in to DJI for warranty as long as it wasn't your fault. A dead body is easier to deal with, then a "fly away" no body.
2016-2-25
Use props
cegio
lvl.3
Flight distance : 671257 ft
  • >>>
Spain

when  flying over water with inspire, it is better to use something like this

2016-2-26
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

what are those made of? would look cool if they were spray painted black. that's a good idea. Id even DOUBLE UP and use those WITH my rod geterback system.
2016-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules