Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire Pro X5-R. Why 2 Radios?
1070 4 2016-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RuneWold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hi

I put a order in for a new Inspire Pro with the X5-r and for some reason the shop got the information is has to be sold with 2 radios. They tell me if its a "regular" radio they just take it out and sell it seperatly to another buyer.

This information has not been 100% verified by DJI europe (Germany) so im not sure how it will go. I never used 2 radios and found it always better with one. I rather get the focus controller instead of the extra radio.

Anyone got any info about this and know if ots so and why?

Have a great day of flying :-)
2016-2-17
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

You mean they will only sell Inspire Pro X5 R with two radios in Germany ? I do not believe it before I see it. What about those who upgrade to the X5 R ?
2016-2-18
Use props
RuneWold
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Thanks Paul. I get that point. We all should have line of sight but we also know its not every time its possible so I/we use spotters. The problem I see that (out of the box) The Inspire pro RAW only have one camera. So when flying places where I need to listen to spotters they will never be able to give me directions fast and good enough on my position when the camera operator turn the camera away to the side. I actually see it more safe then if I see and fly and the spotters notify about issues like I wrote about in a Skypixel tips article where we was filiming a winter road on a mountain. There I had to spotters and one saw an ambulanse came. The flying was planed out and we stoped cars telling them we was filming and even as I was about 50 meters to the side of the road I chose to move it about 150 meters and go lower. The minimal risk of hitting a car was really low, so was it with the ambulanse but its where you take to risk at all.

I on the other hand see the second radio to be set up for one to control the focus. It can still be done with one radio but see that it will be better. The other reason why I dont want to buy a extra radio is that we have 2 Inspire 1 and we will never run 3 at one time so we can use one of the other radios.

Its would not be a deal breaker but rather use the money on a extra lens :-)

Nils. I agree so we see. I have pre orderd so only the future will tell :-) (PS: I live in Norway or was you refering to the Dji main Europe office?

Have a great weekend both of you.

2016-2-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is strange, you should be able to buy the Pro/X5R as a single radio if you want.
Unless there's some law in your area that doesn't allow it.
2016-2-20
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

RuneWold Posted at 2016-2-21 03:15
Thanks Paul. I get that point. We all should have line of sight but we also know its not every time  ...

Sorry I misunderstood - thought you was ordering from Germany . Jeg er norsk selv og vet at det ikke er noe krav om to operatører i Norge. I am sure you can buy your Inspire X5R with a single remote.
2016-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules