I just had for the first time, my voltage drop to 3.61(orange)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

while at 53% charge.  I fly around the Gulf Coast so if we have 2-5 days a year below 32 thats a lot.  It was around 73 degrees yesterday and the battery was fully charged when I began my flight... so the battery had time to warm up.  This is a brand new battery and a brand new Phantom 3 Advanced with 1.4 installed.  

I am very nervous now about flying further than 300 feet....

Other than upgrade firmware is there anything anybody is doing to protect against autoland?

2016-2-17
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

Is this a bad battery?  

I have a Phantom 3 Pro that I have flown for 8 months and NEVER once had this issue....

Why now all of a sudden is the voltage sagging?  Is this a firmware issue?  Bad battery?
2016-2-17
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

I am attempting to upgrade FW from 1.4 to 1.5 and I have attempted it 6 times now on a brand new SD card that comes with the Phantom... I have updated firmware plenty.. but for some reason this Firmware will not start.  Its like its a empty SD card...

Can I try to go to 1.6 from 1.4?
2016-2-17
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

Just tried a different SD card...

The gimbal flashing red every second and the back LEDS are yellow every second with ZERO beeping...

Anyone know what its doing?  I have never seen this before...
2016-2-17
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

I just upgraded to 1.6 from 1.4 everything is good firmware.

While flying at 71% my voltage dropped to 3.62 V went orange on me... battery temp started off at 20C and was 35C

Is this normal?  at 71% left 3.62 volts?  3.5v triggers autoland, no?
2016-2-17
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

Id truly love it... if ANYONE could spare about 15 sec's of their time and let me know if its normal to hit 3.62 Volts at 71% on a battery that has been charged 8 times and less than a week old.  1.6 FW, pure sun and its 64 degrees outside 54%humidity.
2016-2-17
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

I had it happen to me yesterday on 1.4 FW.  It was about 50 degrees, not windy, and I wasn't pushing the aircraft hard, mostly hovering.
2016-2-17
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

Dr. Acula Posted at 2016-2-17 12:55
I had it happen to me yesterday on 1.4 FW.  It was about 50 degrees, not windy, and I wasn't pushing ...

Thank you for the reply.
2016-2-17
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-17
Use props
amadeus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 202287 ft
Italy

Rain1dog Posted at 2016-2-17 19:49
I just upgraded to 1.6 from 1.4 everything is good firmware.

While flying at 71% my voltage dropped ...

Same problem here!

As many other people, I had some forced landings due to the 3.50V trigger threshold (at charge levels between 30% and 50% and starting the flight with a full charged battery at 18-20 deg C).

This is a known issue of this product due to a poor and approximate approach of the battery power management! Nothing else!

Of course, many users have never had any problem (probably due to the fact that their batteries exhibit few millivolt of more voltage....).
But this does not mean that the criticality does not exist!!
And does not mean that our batteries have failed or are out of specification...
This just means that the team that developed this part of firmware did not do a good job....

I hope that the company understands the severity of this asap!

2016-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules