DJI osmo... External battery?
2857 17 2016-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adambussey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hey all just found out today the osmo's battery door comes off with a little clip and the new base has a groove in the side of the holder for a cable to be ran through it, this is most likely to connect an external battery or power supply....just thinking how usedfull a huge 4-5 hour battery on a belt mount with a 1m coiled cable will be or a powersupply for those long timelapses
2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, at present, you can use the groove on the holder in two ways. One way is to tie a string for the convenience to carry , the other way is to install the Osmo base when you want to put the Osmo still on a flat surface, please refer to http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-base
2016-2-18
Use props
adambussey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-18 12:35
Hi, at present, you can use the groove on the holder in two ways. One way is to tie a string for the ...

noo what I mean is the one in the side that doesn't really lead anywhere  
2016-2-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

adambussey Posted at 2016-2-18 22:31
noo what I mean is the one in the side that doesn't really lead anywhere

I see. As for the future possibility of this groove, we haven't got any information yet. Please just pay close attention to DJI official website.
2016-2-18
Use props
adambussey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-19 01:50
I see. As for the future possibility of this groove, we haven't got any information yet. Please ju ...

batteries that mount to belt packs with a cable leading to the osmo would be handy especially if those packs can power it for 8+hours
2016-2-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

adambussey Posted at 2016-2-19 18:36
batteries that mount to belt packs with a cable leading to the osmo would be handy especially if t ...

That'll be a very good advice, I'd like to convey it to our engineers. Hope in the future we'll get more powerful battery solution. Thank you!
2016-2-19
Use props
rodAndTheCat
lvl.4

New Zealand

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-20 00:10
That'll be a very good advice, I'd like to convey it to our engineers. Hope in the future we'll ge ...

yes, I suggested this a while back in this thread. Sorry you missed it DJI.    "Possible power solution for OSMO?"  I've been around a while and have rigged this for most of my pro camera work over the years.

C'mon DJI this is an easy thing to do!
Rod and the cat
2016-2-19
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

External battery sounds like a great idea, it wouldn't be hard to have it as a belt or wristband, even a backpack for those 7-day time lapse hiking trips.
2016-2-19
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rodAndTheCat Posted at 2016-2-19 19:48
yes, I suggested this a while back in this thread. Sorry you missed it DJI.    "Possible power sol ...

Thanks! I retrieve your "Possible power solution for OSMO", it's true.
All of your ideas will be appreciated and we'll estimate them seriously. As for whether it will be carried out, please wait for the future update.
2016-2-21
Use props
adambussey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I see my theory was correct, this will be awesome, what's the specs for the input like voltage and such? http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-external-battery-extender
2016-4-15
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

adambussey Posted at 2016-4-15 09:11
I see my theory was correct, this will be awesome, what's the specs for the input like voltage and s ...

Seems you're limited to using either a DJI Charger or DJI Battery.  I suspect you could hack it together a bit.
2016-4-15
Use props
dale.kaechler
lvl.2

Canada

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-21 22:01
Thanks! I retrieve your "Possible power solution for OSMO", it's true.
All of your ideas will be  ...

I hope DJI is planning on a new more powerful battery for Osmo...
2016-4-15
Use props
adambussey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-4-15 14:15
Seems you're limited to using either a DJI Charger or DJI Battery.  I suspect you could hack it to ...

Ive got a rough estimate for the specs as the batteries listed as compatible have specs listed so a 14v ptap from a vlok battery will power the osmo jus need a ptap to dc power plug adapter the right size
2016-4-16
Use props
adambussey
lvl.1
United Kingdom

adambussey Posted at 2016-4-17 01:22
Ive got a rough estimate for the specs as the batteries listed as compatible have specs listed so  ...

Correction D-tap power or a 12v wall adapter as it accepts dc power
2016-4-16
Use props
ChristianLewisP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have the Osmo base and it's a great product. I use the strap on the handle and the cord fits in the groove ok.
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

adambussey Posted at 2016-4-15 21:11
I see my theory was correct, this will be awesome, what's the specs for the input like voltage and s ...

Yeah! The groove is a reserved design which is used now.
Thanks for your concern!
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

dale.kaechler@s Posted at 2016-4-16 04:30
I hope DJI is planning on a new more powerful battery for Osmo...

We never stop.
I hope so!
2016-4-17
Use props
james
lvl.1
Australia

Can you please send me the firmware link also j.pierce@b**** - I've just received the battery adapter and I have the same issue with it not working.
2016-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules