Fat shark question
1419 7 2015-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
palmerguy06
lvl.1

United States

Has anyone hooked up a fpv fat shark to their phantom 2? My problems is I should have gotten the dji with the gropro because a fat shark will hook right up to a gopro but I didn't . So my questions is has anyone ever just used Velcro to mount the fat shark camera to the front of the heli and used the dji camera on the gimbal just for video and fat shark for fpv ?
2015-1-6
Use props
markus
lvl.4

Germany

Your post is a bit confusing.

Phantom 2 with gopro = Phantom 2
Phantom 2 with DJI camera = Phantom 2 Vision

Fat Shark is a FPV manufacturer, they sell goggles, cameras, transmitters... This is not just one item.
Back to your question, I have stuck my GPS tracker and also my immersionRC transmitter to the craft with valcro. Works great. Just consider that the transmitter gets pretty hot, so you'll need valcro that is heat resistable. You don't want the glue to melt and have your equiptment come loose and fall off.
2015-1-6
Use props
palmerguy06
lvl.1

United States

I have the phantom 2 vision +  Okay so I should be able to hook a fat shark up to my v+2 using Velcro that can withstand heat. Thanks for that little tip letting me know that it gets hot.
2015-1-8
Use props
Cloud9
lvl.1
United States

palmerguy06@yah Posted at 2015-1-8 22:52
I have the phantom 2 vision +  Okay so I should be able to hook a fat shark up to my v+2 using Velcr ...

Fatshark gear is not compatible with the Phantom 2 Vision+
The P2V+ is an all-in-one solution and doesn't allow for easy modifications (fatshark goggles etc)

The easiest way to use FPV on your PV2+ is to use a smart phone or tablet.
2015-1-8
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

A little work around to use glases with built in android and vision app. Just posted here, have a look http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-1-8
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

markus@egide.de Posted at 2015-1-6 22:46
Your post is a bit confusing.

Phantom 2 with gopro = Phantom 2

those GPS trackers can be dangerous because they can interfere with the electronics of the copter. Some quads had a fly away because of those trackers.
2015-1-8
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Daninho Posted at 2015-1-9 04:19
those GPS trackers can be dangerous because they can interfere with the electronics of the copter. ...

I agree that a few phantoms with a GPS trackers have experienced a flyaway, but also many that did not have one. This does not prove that the GPS tracker (GSM) caused the problems. I guess we'll never know for sure.

I have never had any trouble with mine. Flying near GSM towers is another thing, but a little weak gadget on the quad is OK, I guess.
2015-1-8
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

markus2015 Posted at 2015-1-9 04:51
I agree that a few phantoms with a GPS trackers have experienced a flyaway, but also many that did ...

im not sure, i would like to have one but a tracker is like a cell phone directly mounted to the quad. I have a bad feeling about this but otherwise it can be very useful. Maybe i try the V16 tracker, i need one without any aftermarket apps or software. I dont like it when the tracker constantly sending its position during flight. I want a more passive tracker, that only starts tracking when reveiving the SMS
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules