Phantom 4 release around the corner?
1018 3 2016-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrueth
lvl.2
United States

Hello all,
I just wanted to discuss the possibility of the Phantom 4.  The price point has been leaked at $1700 which really puts it in another catgory compared to the Pro.  When the P4 is released will the value of the P3 drop and if your planning on getting the 4 do you sell your P3 now?  Once again the price difference is like the difference between the P3P and Inspire 1, its so large a difference some may still choose to buy or stay with the Pro.

When will the P4 be released and what features may it have?  (Target tracking and obstcle avoidence?...)
Dji just patented the names TapFly and TapFlight.

The last question I have is, when released assuming it includes something like target tracking and "possible" obstacle avoidence how many will stay with the P3P (or buy it) and how many will go with the 4?

2016-2-18
Use props
tpallai
lvl.4

United States

I recently just sold my inspire 1 to go down to a phantom 3 pro. But now that I know about the phantom 4 I'm still really considering getting the phantom 3 because of the price difference. One thing I'm honking is if DJI is really releasing something like a Phantom 3 "Plus" or something along those lines, like a half model up that includes obstacle avoidance, similar to what Apple did with Touch ID in the iPhone 5 to 5s. There were no major breakthroughs in technology or differences between the 5 and 5s except mainly the Touch ID. So personally for me, of DJI is able to include enough technology and upgrades, such as camera, then they may convince me to get the p4. But right since we don't know anything about it, all we can compare is the price. Time will tell and I'm very excited to see DJI's latest innovations...they never fail to excite........(or upset *cough cough* Inpsire and P3)
2016-2-18
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

i think the p4 you can marry it or something
2016-2-18
Use props
WeLoveAerial
lvl.2

Germany

tpallai Posted at 2016-2-19 11:11
I recently just sold my inspire 1 to go down to a phantom 3 pro. But now that I know about the phant ...

The Phantom 4 might be a Phantom 3 "Enthusiast" version it will cost 1700$ We explained it here
2016-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules