Crash Repair Advice Sought
841 8 2016-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walstib
lvl.1

United States

After 13 months of flying my Inspire 1 with no real problems, today it came crashing down to earth.

My most immeadiate question is what to do next, and what my best course of action is. I'm looking for reccomendations and advice.

Should I send it in to DJI for repair? Or perhaps there is a third-party repair facility people recommend?

I'm not even sure it is reparable. (I've atatched a couple of photos.)

I'm not really sure what caused this incident, or whether there is any chance of DJI stepping up to do something.

Today's flight began as usual and I was hovering at about 300 feet when, after getting the photo I wanted, I turned around to come back and land. It was a liittle windy, but not more so than I have flown in before, when suddenly I saw on the monitor what looked like a 360-defgree tumble, maybe two.

I then got a message that the Inspire had shifted into ATTI mode, and before I could do anything, I lost the signal. This is when I believe it fell to earth.

I found it about where its last reported position was. Naturally, it was banged up. One of the propellers was missing and not located near the crash site. I don't know if the missing propeller was the cause of the crash or a result of it.

What do you folks think?

The X5

The X5

The remains

The remains
2016-2-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your accident, could you have possibly executed a CSC?
Monday call customer support and sending it in to DJI would be the best solution.
818-235-0789.
Also get the DAT file of the last flight and upload it to Dropbox and give the link when you start the RMA process..
2016-2-19
Use props
walstib
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-19 22:05
Sorry for your accident, could you have possibly executed a CSC?
Monday call customer support and se ...

I don't believe I executed a CSC.

I'll work on getting the DAT file tomorrow and call Monday.
2016-2-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

walstib@well.co Posted at 2016-2-20 14:12
I don't believe I executed a CSC.

I'll work on getting the DAT file tomorrow and call Monday.

Sounds good. And again, sorry for the accident. The X5 is a good chunk of change.
2016-2-20
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I am so sorry  that you crashed, and with an X5 attached ......OUCH.  

Best of Luck.   I my opinion, I think it is not worth fixing.  Maybe DJI can offer like a 30% discount.

Sorry Mate-donnie
2016-2-20
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Honestly I am getting scared to fly when the weather gets better as DJI does not allow firmware to get rolled back to 1.4 (or the same X5 version) as more and more Inspire fall down without obvious reason.

Did you see the voltage on your monitor?

When was the last successful flight before?
2016-2-20
Use props
walstib
lvl.1

United States

Machoman Posted at 2016-2-20 08:11
Honestly I am getting scared to fly when the weather gets better as DJI does not allow firmware to g ...

The last successful flight was about an hour earlier.

I did not notice the voltage before it crashed, but I was running the larger battery and it was about 95% full when I lifted off. It was down to 60% to 70% when this happened.

I would really like to know what caused this, as I am hesitant to invest in another DJI product without having some idea what happened, and that whatever issue it is has been resolved.

I have noticed that the overall speed of my Inspire 1 seems more sluggish after the last firmware update or two. I'm not sure if that is a factor, but I never had any problems before.

2016-2-20
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

walstib@well.co Posted at 2016-2-20 23:46
The last successful flight was about an hour earlier.

I did not notice the voltage before it cras ...

How can it have been 95%? Did you charge it long time ago and stored it?
2016-2-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry man that's awful to hear you crashed this way. I hope DJI can assist you with repair and advice on what happened. I would send it to LA for repairs if it was mine

It sounds like battery failure of some kind.. did you charge the battery right before your flight? If not it is most likely auto discharged to some unknown level...

Rich
2016-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules