MODS MODS AND MORE MODS!
2484 16 2015-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matt
lvl.1

United States

Any good ideas for Mods on the Inspire?

- Landing Gear extendors and LASERS!  (not sure what to do with the lasers but it sounds cool)
2015-1-6
Use props
metalios
lvl.3
Flight distance : 892703 ft
  • >>>
United States

You are crazy. Have you seen this thing in person? I wouldn't touch it.
2015-1-6
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

3k I'm not touching this thing as well
2015-1-6
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

since there has already been a serious crash that could have possibly been avoided by having prop guards..well..i will make some if they are not available very soon.
2015-1-6
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

There was a mod on YT of this guy mounting a GoPro on the nose facing rearward toward the Inspire cockpit.

<sarcasm> Nice too with the red duct tape holding it on </sarcasm>
2015-1-6
Use props
matt
lvl.1

United States

MTShipp Posted at 2015-1-7 05:20
There was a mod on YT of this guy mounting a GoPro on the nose facing rearward toward the Inspire co ...

ya i saw that,,  it looked like the dji camera was vibrarting pretty hard in that video..   im hoping thats just because the guy was intentially making it look worse than it is.
2015-1-6
Use props
ryan6
lvl.1

United States

Fixed FPV cam for pilot first thing.
2015-1-6
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Its missing a pilot forward facing camera for the intricate flying whilst the video camera can face another direction.
2015-1-6
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

s.s.gibbs1@gmai Posted at 2015-1-7 05:06
since there has already been a serious crash that could have possibly been avoided by having prop gu ...

Could you provide some details on the crash? I haven't heard/seen anything about said crash..
2015-1-6
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

I second the prop guards. Preferably a more aerodynamic one. It'll make it safer and can potentially make it look really cool.
2015-1-6
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

FPV camera is a must
Absolutely not on prop guards, useless extra weight
2015-1-6
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

Zeebadoo Posted at 2015-1-7 06:50
Could you provide some details on the crash? I haven't heard/seen anything about said crash..

the one with the prop issue was an oops with a tree branch.50' fall and broken camera and base plate i think as well as camera,gimbal. i know there has been at least three and two seemed to be some sort of loss of control and not user error. both were experienced pilots. one was only from 4-5 ft. and broken base plate etc.Possibly due to a compass issue, but one was after the new firmware and was a straight down crash. see the inspire pilot forum for details..i may be mixing up which was damaged like i described,but i think at least two had broken gimbal and base plate.
i was fearing the landing gear and mechanism,but with the inspire in flight i guess the camera takes the hit first which means the plate it is attached to and gimbal gets damaged.
I think at this point dji might want to consider making a stronger plate so it is mainly the gimbal that breaks..of course maybe the plate breaking absorbs some shock and keeps other component  from breaking..i have not looked at one apart. there are some high strength nylon materials i know of that will bend and not break..i have made things of this material and have had awesome resistance to breakage.but this material may be more prone to vibration..interesting to think about..but sucks to have a broken inspire and not know w.t.f. happened and why it crashed. hopefully dji will have some answers forthcoming.
2015-1-6
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-1-7 13:41
FPV camera is a must
Absolutely not on prop guards, useless extra weight

This baby has lots of extra power. i would guess with a weight of over 6 lbs. a few ounces would not be noticeable. besides,the props are carbon fiber if i remember correctly, and would be more prone to breakage than the more flexible plastics. they wanted performance with the high torque of these motors. if you nick one on a wall or a branch it is done..i would rather have the option of prop guards that were removable so that when in tighter areas like around trees i could sacrifice A little time for safety.
   but everyone has there own priorities.

And i REALLY want and fpv camera option,especially with the two transmitter versions..come on dii.
   lets see those  upgrades..ooh yeah.
2015-1-6
Use props
Zeebadoo
lvl.2

United States

s.s.gibbs1@gmai Posted at 2015-1-7 14:07
the one with the prop issue was an oops with a tree branch.50' fall and broken camera and base pla ...

Definitely food for thought. I guess you have to respect the idea that you're piloting an aircraft and it can fall out of the sky at any given time..
2015-1-7
Use props
Drone Down Unde
lvl.4

Australia

How about a little Mini Mod {:3_63:} InspireMini.jpg
2015-1-7
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

My props look plastic, not CF. And why the hype about guards? Should we be flying near anything that they would touch?
2015-1-7
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

The sketch ability in map mode  area button would come in handier if it showed distance when drawing a line.
2015-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules