My P3 Advanced thinks it's a Professional
6401 52 2016-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dude with a dro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10282 ft

United States

Well, I just got a P3A and it has the same problem.. Doesn't seem like anyone has identified a fix.

Great.. will just keep playing with stuff and see what happens. Have tried multiple orders of turning things on, reinstalled the app, removed the SD card..

ARRGGG
2017-9-15
Use props
Dude with a dro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10282 ft

United States

Dude with a dro Posted at 2017-9-15 17:12
Well, I just got a P3A and it has the same problem.. Doesn't seem like anyone has identified a fix.

Great.. will just keep playing with stuff and see what happens. Have tried multiple orders of turning things on, reinstalled the app, removed the SD card..

Figured out my problem this morning, will post just in case someone searching has the same problem. The white cable connecting to the gimbal plate near the vision sensor had become disconnected, connected it this morning and so far so good.
2017-9-16
Use props
HazzyD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1296 ft

United Kingdom

z5.zonefive Posted at 2016-2-21 22:16
I missed this before.  Are you saying that you can not get the aircraft to start the motors?  

As I posted above, mine did everything yours did, BUT it let me start motors.

Hey z5.zonefive - did you managed to get this problem sorted?  I have exactly the same thing...

My P3A thinks it's a professional when it connects to the DJI Go app but I can still fly it using the P3P camera view, I just can't see the camera live view or use the camera at all!  Ideal...

If I leave the RC and P3 powered up for about 10-15 minutes it realises "oh hey maybe I'm not a professional after all, I'm just a humble advanced drone" then the DJI Go app displays the advanced camera view option and I can fly... having wasted that much battery power and time.

Tried pretty much everything - rolling back updates, relinking the rc, different power up orders etc etc.
2018-4-12
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar problem with my P3A app saying it was P3P and gimbal disconnected, had to send it in for repair
2018-4-14
Use props
Z5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24298 ft

HazzyD Posted at 2018-4-12 22:32
Hey z5.zonefive - did you managed to get this problem sorted?  I have exactly the same thing...

My P3A thinks it's a professional when it connects to the DJI Go app but I can still fly it using the P3P camera view, I just can't see the camera live view or use the camera at all!  Ideal...

never had the problem again.  Now I have P4A so not much help on the P3
2018-4-16
Use props
HazzyD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1296 ft

United Kingdom

Z5 Posted at 2018-4-16 11:03
never had the problem again.  Now I have P4A so not much help on the P3

No worries.  I sent it off to DJI and they've repaired it under warranty   Coming back this week.
2018-4-18
Use props
Rickyber
lvl.4
Flight distance : 403488 ft

nick4098 Posted at 2016-2-24 09:33
I've tried some of the fixes posted here.  I have found that if I turn on the RC first, then the P3A and ONLY THEN plug the tablet into the RC, it identifies the Advanced straight away with no pretentions of grandeur...

I was going to suggest this also.
That is what corrected the problem with my P3A some time ago.
2018-4-19
Use props
Duen
lvl.1

United Kingdom

rytenuff Posted at 2017-8-20 08:58
After I updated the firmware and app I had the same "thinks it's a Pro" problem. I removed the SD card and it went back to knowing it was an Adv. I formatted the SD card, inserted it again and everything was fine.

unbelievable!!!!!! this works.. after hours of frustration i did what you said, removed sd card and heh presto. suddenly works as normal. back to p3a and got picture on phone. thanks so much
2020-8-31
Use props
djiuser_GuBB0VuDf6mn
New

United States

The crazy thing about this is that many of us have spent 1000.00 on these craft and lots of people have this issue and yst Dji has not once paid attention to its forums or customers  showing us how much this matters nothing to them. We spent alot of money on something that is clearly a company software  issue and not human error. If you all have 1000.00 to  throw away please send it my way and don't give it to these greedy pigs who  put S*** on a shelf for you  to buy as they laugh themselves to the bank like we are a bunch of suckers.
2021-10-18
Use props
djiuser_GuBB0VuDf6mn
New

United States

The best part about thisissue is that its been since the pathetic loosers at Dji have not once tried to step in and give us a resolve- you guys are sooo pathetic and absolutely worthless - if your going tosteal the software and tech.  At least know how to use it -  your just another  greeedy good for nothing  social bloodsuckers out to get fat on peoples hard worked money giving them only a image of what is possible yet never fullfill on it - but yeah it looks pretty cool - glad we all wasted our money on ur sorry asses- i am  going to go but a 29.99 drone i got bought for my kid at least airhog delivered what they say- ... and it works way better then any dji drone i bought new or used.   
2022-4-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Haha posts like the above are always from noobs who don't know what they're talking about.  
2022-4-17
Use props
djiuser_GuBB0VuDf6mn
New

United States

Its just unreal dji provides a forum for its customers cause someone at a bar mentioned to one of the drunken idiots that work for dji that it would be a good idea. Here is how  i imagine the conversation went-
Random drunk guy-  Hey!
"you guys should include a chat forum on your site so that your customers and talk about how great you are"
That can talk about idea uses and even help each other  with technical support- then you can monitor it and jump in and help with issue you see are becoming a common theme and give them the fix. Keep them happy and they will keep coming back.

Dji employee  -"thats a great idea!"

Reality=
Created a chat forum so they can ignore thier cumsters as they struggle to fix dji's horrible issues on thier own with no resolve.
Just keep making more drones and support only the latest ones and ignore the older ones that cost just as much just dont have the right newness date on them - 2021- old model -
So tired of this business model and this company-  
2022-4-18
Use props
djiuser_GuBB0VuDf6mn
New

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 4-17 04:40
Haha posts like the above are always from noobs who don't know what they're talking about.
Ha! Is right! Its obvious you work for dji- so you do monitor the forum - just have no solutions as per say.
One handed clap for your sad attempt to discredit my RC skill level with your newly discovered word your 23 year old son called you the other day- must have really hurt u emotionally Noob! Lol...poor baby.. is baby gonna cry?eeeeeheheheheheeeeee!!!
Anyone notice this guy even once pop into this chat with this issue.. only came in at the end to try and try to discredit my comments about the issue-. Nice try social guy at Dji- but u are talking to an expert- if you get stupid and challenge me- instead of getting off your lazy butt and stepping in  to fix this issue for the users like you should- - just a warning - dont open pandoras box. Really bad idea. - stick to the issue and give the fix and your reputation fix will follow naturally.  Choosing the other path will just put a smile on my face after u been warned.
2022-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules