DJI phantom 2 vision+t
1133 6 2016-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
babubak
lvl.1

United States

Hello! I am fairly new in the quad space here. I have had a few "toy" quads that I have messed around with. I recently acquired a phantom 2 vision+ I believe from a friend but he said the camera will not power on. I am pretty tech savvy and I cannot seem to get the camera to initialize upon startup. It just sits there...limp rather. Also, most of the time I am unable to connect via Wi-Fi. Sometimes the phantomXXXXXX comes up on the Wi-Fi list but often times it will disconnect shortly after. I do have a ton of Wi-Fi connections around so maybe this is contributing to the issue. Thanks in advance.

2016-2-20
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

I would go into airplane mode on the phone/tablet and disable other wifi's just to be sure,
Check connections on the gimbal of the camera, maybe something is loose?...no history of the machine so a bunch of guess work for you!
What exact config do you have? RC + Range Extender + Phantom? You need to provide more specifics..!!
Are all devices fully charged, Phantom, RC, Wifi etc.?

You may want to try this link, tons of good information and highly recommended for newbies!...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0

Can you at least get a view from the camera on your tablet phone? if so, maybe another calibration issue but who knows...the attached will adress this if it is.
Remote Calibration.gif
2016-2-20
Use props
babubak
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-2-20 14:38
I would go into airplane mode on the phone/tablet and disable other wifi's just to be sure,
Check co ...

I took it out yesterday to a field that had substantially less wifi signals. Seemed to work better but the gimbal still did not initialize. I have a PVT581 transmitter with the WI-FI extender and a phantom 2 vision+. All devices are fully charged. Thanks for the info, I am out of town until Thursday.
2016-2-21
Use props
babubak
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-2-20 14:38
Check co ...

No view from the camera on my tablet/phone either.
2016-2-21
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I would start by downloading the DJI assistant software for that model. Plug into the quad with USB and see what errors may be showing. If it's a camera issue it could be one of many things keeping it from working. Start by checking the plugs, three of them going to the gimbal. Make sure they are in tight. Then inspect the little ribbon cable that's on the camera itself. There are videos on you tube showing what to look at and what to inspect for. Some camera get damaged in crashes and the potentiometer get damaged that control the camera gimbal. Those can be expensive fixes.
Do a little digging around on the forum and you will find a lot of simular issues and the results since you have just gotten this unit you will want recalibrate all the sensors info for you area and terrain. Be sure you learn about the satellites and home lock and setting the RTH (return to home) height so it clears objects in you area. Even download the manual and spend a little free time leading the controls and functions.
Good luck and enjoy!
2016-2-22
Use props
babubak
lvl.1

United States

Hello, what is all supposed to come up when you connect it to the assistant app? I don't see the option to set return to home and there doesn't seem to be any errors...
2016-3-10
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

babubak@gmail.c Posted at 2016-3-11 03:26
Hello, what is all supposed to come up when you connect it to the assistant app? I don't see the opt ...

Check the second post of this thread, it may be of assistance to some of what you should be seeing through the Vision Assistant. Note also that once on your phone/tablet some of the settings can be set there as well.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-9937-1-1.html
2016-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules