Litchi Varying Waypoint Altitudes And Speeds (IOS)
2332 8 2016-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've been using (IOS) Litchi for a few weeks and it's great! But I was wandering if different altitude settings at different waypoints would result in the Phantom making the changes gradually or suddenly, (using either straight lines or curves)? I keep forgetting to try this when I'm out flying. Also, I don't think it's possible to change speed settings at different waypoints, at least not in the IOS version? But how about in the Android version? Is it possible? Thanks!
2016-2-20
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, you can set different altitude for different waypoints, and the aircraft will fly according to the linking path. One thing you need to be careful is that don't set your next waypoint too close to the ground, the app will warn you if you do this since the inertia of the aircraft might put it in the danger of crashing to the ground if the speed is very fast. By the way, you can adjust the flight speed on the app or pushing pitch stick during the mission.  If you need more practice, please try to use the simulator in the app. DJI GO-> acadamy.
2016-2-20
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-21 02:07
Hi, you can set different altitude for different waypoints, and the aircraft will fly according to t ...

Thanks Amy
2016-2-21
Use props
Bobcat90
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

I believe with Autopilot you can change the speed between waypoints, which a really good feature to have
2016-2-21
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Bobcat90 Posted at 2016-2-22 03:02
I believe with Autopilot you can change the speed between waypoints, which a really good feature to  ...

That's really interesting to know. Thanks
2016-2-22
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

But.... I think with autopilot it (different speeds between waypoints) is only possible because of the permanent RC - otherwise it is not possible.
It means that you always need an RC link in a waypoint mission otherwise it goes into RTH mode.

I like the independence waypoint mission without the need (of course always the wish)  of RC link.
2016-2-22
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

SHamers Posted at 2016-2-22 17:24
But.... I think with autopilot it (different speeds between waypoints) is only possible because of t ...

Yes I read that about Autopilot! If you lose a connection while flying a waypoint mission it will not continue but rather just hover! Actually, according to the Autopilot website, the Phantom is supposed to RTH when it loses a connection in waypoints, but apparently, since the last DJI update, it will no longer even RTH, it will only hover! They say they are waiting for the next update from DJI to hopefully fix this! Waypoints (autonomy) is my favourite function so I wouldn't bother with Autopilot at the moment!
2016-2-22
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

For nice video's I use also autonomous waypoint flying - also my favorite.
I use FPV camera and works perfect for that function. And continued his mission - also with lost RC.

I am always check the whole route before I let "him" fly. So no interruptions with a RC lost for a few moments.  But do always everything to keep him within range.

2016-2-22
Use props
bernie
lvl.1

Germany

a) Is it possible to YAW (all 360 degrees) during waypoint flying? In this way I would be able to take pictures in any direction.
b) Where are the waypoints programmed? On my PC or with the app?
c) Which is the minimum required firmware for the P3 Prof to use Litchi iOS app?
thanks
2016-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules