15484 4 2016-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

For the Aussies,
I recently came across this great online controlled airspace map which has area and class amongst other things.
Aircheck
It was developed for the paragliding community but I think it's well cool for us. It is current (at time of writing) to 12th November 2015, has links to NOTAMs but of course is provided on an "as is" basis.
2016-2-21
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

Looks interesting. You may want to look at the "Safe to Fly" app if you're using an IOS device. It is specific to Australia and also includes CASA rules and local weather.  UAV Forecast is another good app.
2016-2-21
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Australia

JockC Posted at 2016-2-22 07:53
Looks interesting. You may want to look at the "Safe to Fly" app if you're using an IOS device. It i ...

I've had "safe to fly" for a while and comparing the two the level of detail and information is several orders of magnitude better on  Aircheck (in my opinion- yours may vary). If you zoom in on an area Safe to Fly only uses a dot and a radius which actually shows incorrect boundaries (under CASR the distances are measured from the Aerodrome boundary not it's centre point).
2016-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Thanks for the link, but Aircheck does not tell me anything I need to know as a drone pilot. In fact it is very confusing because you cannot reveal details on some areas inside other areas, it only shows the details for the larger area. I think I will wait until DJI come up with theirs.
2016-2-21
Use props
mike.wildlight
lvl.4
Australia

The airspace layers are selectable so you can drill down.
In controlled airspace you are limited to 400' max alt in your UAV under CASR.
This maps those areas.
It's not meant for GA pilots (nor drone pilots) but in my opinion has some value.
2016-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules