Frustrating Phantom 3 "No Signal" problem
1462 6 2016-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hessclark
New
United States

I recently purchased a Phantom 3 Pro and after one of the iPad app updates I now have a "no signal" error when trying to show the live view from the DJI Go app on my iPad. The drone still flys fine and can take videos and photos but I can't view them until after they are taken and I go to the Home>Library section of the iPhone app.
Here are my current versions:
Phantom 3 Pro running firmware version 1.6.4.0
RC running firmware version 1.5.70
iPad app running version 2.6.0

Steps I have taken to resolve issue:

- Format memory card
- Update all firmware (batteries included)
- Tried it with an iPad and an iPhone
- Calibrated IMU
- Re-linked RC
- Remove and reinstall iPad app
- Restart iPad

Nothing has worked so far and I still have no image on the iPad app.... Please help get this resolved asap. Thanks!

2016-2-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

You seem to be done all the stuff  that could fix it.  I'm afraid you will have to contact your local DJI support center about the RMA
2016-2-21
Use props
titusllewelyn
New

United States

I am now having the same problem with a Phantom 3 Advanced.  Right out of the box everything seemed Ok, until I attempted to fly and then it wanted a battery firmware upgrade.  

After that, I had a couple of successful flights and this problem started.  Everything is the same except I am using the Android APP.  

I have had a lot of model aircraft flight time and some droid time on another droid, so I find I can fly, but it obviously will not return to home.  If return to home is attempted it just wants to land wherever it is.

2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

titusllewelyn Posted at 2016-2-29 00:42
I am now having the same problem with a Phantom 3 Advanced.  Right out of the box everything seemed  ...

In the RTH settings, you can set it to RTH, hover, or land.
Also, if you are flying within 20m from where you took off (home point) then it will land.
In the academy section of the app is the full manual in PDF as well as a bunch of tutorial videos.
2016-2-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which iPad do you have, you need at least an iPad Air. If you have an original iPad or iPad 2 they will not work.
2016-2-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Try another cable from the Transmitter to the I pad.

worth a shot- donnie  
2016-2-29
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Try a different cable from Transmitter to I pad

worth a shot - donnie
2016-2-29
Use props
Advanced