Signal Loss
2229 32 2016-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
profireman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313094 ft
United States

I'm suddenly getting a lost signal at about 70m height <65 meters away.
Was working fine, no crashes ever, tried relinking it, same thing.
Phantom 3 Std.
2016-2-21
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

1) Check antenna orientation per DJI-TIM: http://forum.dji.com/thread-33091-1-1.html
2) Might there be WiFi channel interference where you are flying?
2016-2-21
Use props
profireman
lvl.2
United States

Antenna orientation makes no difference
2016-2-21
Use props
profireman
lvl.2
United States

And doubtful on interference, im flying it in the same places i had 300+ meter range, now suddenly 70m at best.
2016-2-21
Use props
hugewino
lvl.1

Australia

seems this is happening to them all. Mine too
2016-2-21
Use props
hugewino
lvl.1

Australia

I had 250m in a spot last week. now struggle to get 150m. Is yours new??
2016-2-21
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

I got my Standard (completely stock) out to 1100 meters yesterday without any signal loss at all, should of pushed it till it lost signal, will try next time to push till it RTH by itself.
2016-2-21
Use props
profireman
lvl.2
United States

It's a month old, was fine up until 2 days ago, now struggle to get 70m away.
2016-2-21
Use props
hugewino
lvl.1

Australia

this is very frustrating. mine is similar. worse is it is constantly getting a weak signal the whole flight as well. I returned mine to the shop and the drongo there said they'd have to send it back to the factory to have a brand new drone fixed.... I spoke with Consumer Affairs in Australia and they disagreed. Hopefully they're right!
2016-2-22
Use props
eldreds
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81545 ft
Australia

hugewino Posted at 2016-2-22 20:15
this is very frustrating. mine is similar. worse is it is constantly getting a weak signal the whole ...

Providing that the circumstances fit, the shop is wrong. The following link explains it all, note that DJI's warranty conditions are irrelevant if the circumstances dictate it.

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumer ... pair-replace-refund
2016-2-22
Use props
hugewino
lvl.1

Australia

This is exactly what I said to the shop
2016-2-22
Use props
Michael.fowler
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Guys,
when you are talking about signal loss do you mean where you loose signal from the controller to the drone which initiates RTH mode or just video feed loss?

I have had a Phantom 3 standard for about a month now. First few flights were brilliant but now I am continually loosing video feed when it gets about 20 meter (I can still control the drone with the remote.) Obviously still have line of sight and nothing in the way.  Have tried 3 different locations, 2 different mobile phones and cant figure it out. Been in the middle of a park so no wi fi interference and on the latest firmware.? Do you have any advice. Ive tried different antenna positions.  

Its very frustrating as I cant taken any photos or video.  any help would be most appreciated
2016-2-23
Use props
sshuldiner
New

United States

Something funny is going on. I am having this exact same issue. Lose videofeed at anywhere from 50 meters to 120 meters, depending on location (in the city) but can still control with RC up until ~250 meters. I used to get 500+ though with perfect videofeed and control!
2016-2-23
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

You might need to re sync the remote to the bird shown @ time index 2:00.Another option is to remove and reinstall the DJI Go app

2016-2-23
Use props
PlayDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2294934 ft
Sweden

Could you check if your control signal is as normal as before? If it is only the video signal lost frequently, you could close APP and reopen it when losing video signal to check if video signal communication could be reconnected.
APP is an factor in losing video signal. As we have installed APP for a long time and cached many video clips in APP during many flyings, it would cause APP not as stabilized as before.
Just as what microcyb said, if you confirm the control signal is as normal as before and just video signal not as normal as before in same flying environment, you could reinstall your app to check if you still meet this problem.
2016-2-23
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

im getting this with the DJI PROFESIONAL and i made sure i watched the video  and had my sticks up in the proper condition
2016-2-23
Use props
nafetsone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 770472 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

had this to a while back, but all of a sudden its gone
2016-2-24
Use props
PhilT
New

New Zealand

I got this problem this morning. I attached my tablet to the RC, turned on the RC and then the drone (I have a P3A). Once the drone was on it asked with app I wanted to use (I have Litchi and DJI GO), I chose Litchi. Once that started I had a message at the top saying "Signal Lost" with no video feed or gimbal control. I could start the motors and throttle up.

I then turned both off as i thought I had a problem with one of them and restarted both. Same problem. I then turned off the RC and restarted it with the DJI app, same problem. I then tried using my Samsung S5 but had the same problem

It also said I had poor "Radio Channel Quality" but I was about 1 metre away from it

Screenshot_2016-02-24-19-37-38.png

2016-2-24
Use props
Michael.fowler
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I can confirm it is just the video feed I loose and can still control the drone. However when I do loose video feed the power button turns from green to red on the controller. Not sure if I got the wrong end of the stick but o thought that meant I had completely cost communication with it and it should return to home. I have reinstalled the app and will try reconnecting the controller as suggested. If this does not work I was thinking of shelling out for the litchi app to see of this resolves it but reading the post above it seems doubtful
2016-2-24
Use props
profireman
lvl.2
United States

DJI had the drone 3 weeks, came back, same problem, but seems fine on litchi

It's a djigo app problem evidently.

tried uninstalling, reinstalling, no help.
2016-3-14
Use props
Fermin
lvl.2

Spain

I had some problems of siganl when I change the firmware.
2016-3-14
Use props
dehnstjohn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198957 ft
United States

I have had the same issue with signal loss.  I have two batteries both in good condition.  My signal loss issue only happens with one of the batteries.  I can't figure it out.
2016-3-14
Use props
eedwards
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34491 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

I notice this problem on mine this morning after the update to the new DJI GO software.  Worked fine before this
2016-3-14
Use props
uskaper
lvl.2
Flight distance : 155581 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

This is just outrageous... With every update there is less and less range. Today I was flying in an open area, where 1 month ago I could go 100m up and there was no problem, but now I can only get 15 meters, that's right FIFTEEN METERS! I was so happy when I saw todays update of the GO App, since all were refering problems to the app itself. Wifi signal has all bars, but with RC signal there is sudden drop when I reach 15m. What is happening?

p.s. No crash, hard landing, etc.
2016-3-14
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Demand a new unit as they didn't fix it. This post is really making me nervous. My phantom 3 pro is being repaired for ESC issues out of the box new.  Please DJI look into this issue, I want no more setbacks.
2016-3-14
Use props
marlonlopez15
lvl.1

United States

Mine too, waiting to get signal booster
2016-3-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Michael.fowler@ Posted at 2016-2-23 11:58
Hi Guys,
when you are talking about signal loss do you mean where you loose signal from the control ...

I would re-set my wi-fi on my transmitter first (At about the 2:50 mark on video)  Do a complete  delete on you phone of the Phantom  and start over.   Also "Enable the hardware Decode" on the DJI go App, this will take some of the burden off the processsor.   Make sure you do not have Apps running in the back-round as this can slow things down as well.  Make sure you are using good antenna orientation as well.

2016-3-14
Use props
chrismillerjunk
lvl.1

United States

Reading about this on other forums and suffering from it myself I am led to believe there was a firmware update problem.  Yes I have tried everything possible, antenna position, antenna boosting, relinking the controller, recalibrating everything,  everything is fully charged (no we are not that stupid to try and fly several flights when the controller is on a low battery). This is really aggravating as I am just out of the warranty from Best buy and so now I need to send my drone into a repair center.  

Furthermore DJI seems mum about this.  Maybe it is or is not the firmware but the fact that they have not published anything ticks me off.  All i need to hear them say is "We are aware some users are complaining about diminished transmitter distance and are looking into it".  But no...nothing.  It is like when you are sitting in the airport delayed and the gate agent says absolutely NOTHING.  For christ sake at least tell the customers that the plane is coming in from Chicago and will be two hours late, standing there and not saying anything is an insult to your customers.   That is exactly what DJI is doing.   
2016-3-14
Use props
Sundance Kid
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1207 ft
United States

chrismillerjunk Posted at 2016-3-14 14:32
Reading about this on other forums and suffering from it myself I am led to believe there was a firm ...

Roger That!
2016-3-14
Use props
uskaper
lvl.2
  • >>>
Slovenia

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-14 20:21
I would re-set my wi-fi on my transmitter first (At about the 2:50 mark on video)  Do a complete ...

I've done all of this. Every possible thing... and the result? Right now I returned from "test flight" and was able to do a miraculous 8m ascent and range about 12m...

Seriously, what the f*** is happening?
2016-3-14
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

uskaper Posted at 2016-3-14 15:23
I've done all of this. Every possible thing... and the result? Right now I returned from "test fli ...

I dont own a Standard but so many of the forum members have these problems, I just dont get it.  I have never seen a solution that has really worked .  I think there are to many variables  on the 2.4 ghz network and to many things that cause interference.

I am really sorry you are having Issues,  I wish I  could be of more assistance .  I am very pleased with my Pro and Inspire, I think I would be pulling my hair out if I had the problems reported on the Standard.

Did you also clear the Video Cache from the device and clear it on the GO App as well.  That is the only other thing I can think of.  Make sure no damage on the Antenna as well

Good Luck - donnie
2016-3-14
Use props
uskaper
lvl.2
  • >>>
Slovenia

Hi Donnie,  I didn't meant to directly replying to your post, but this really frustrates me. I would "understand" range issues at about 300m+, but with 10m this is just a big flaw. And since there was no issue with range a month ago, something has to be wrong (i assume with the app). I do understand limited range on the Standard, but not that limited. This is just a Selfie Stick with a more long stick...

I didn't clear the video cache from the device yet (will try that too tomorrow and we will see what happens), but i've reinstalled DJI GO app, relinked RC, did IMU calibration, etc...

Thank you for your cooperation and assistance, thanks Donnie.
2016-3-14
Use props
profireman
lvl.2
United States

No clue what the fix is, but man how frustrating.

I sent it to DJI, took 3 weeks they sent it back "repaired" and now I have even more issues, still the same "no signal" at 15M plus now the camera pic is all dark too......it's basically a boat anchor now.
2016-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules