Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Overheating
4949 8 2016-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

Hey Guys

Had a strange one today after flying for about 15min. Once I landed my RC showed me that the Gimbal was overheating. Weather was great. Has anybody else experienced anything like this before?
2016-2-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Was the video as stable as usual. Please make sure that the contacts are connected well and the ring is turned to the lock position.
2016-2-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

It may have been an error, I use a harbor freight temperature gun to check my motor, battery temperature after each flight, you can buy them for around 30 bucks. They are a very useful tool for this kind of hobby.
2016-2-22
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-22 11:00
Was the video as stable as usual. Please make sure that the contacts are connected well and the ring ...

Hey Tim

The video footage was perfect. It only showed the error once I landed and shut down the motor. Gimbal was locked normally...
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

stephenbrink62@ Posted at 2016-2-22 21:52
Hey Tim

The video footage was perfect. It only showed the error once I landed and shut down the m ...

Please check if the cooler of your gimbal camera working normally or not.  The fan on a back side of the camera..
2016-2-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Make sure the tiny cooling fan is working on the camera. You can blow on the fan and see it move normally. If not,      use a toothpick to carefully unstick the fan blades

Rich
2016-2-22
Use props
michael

United States

Hi guys, I have the same basic problem just happen but it was triggered when I moved my x3 from my inspire 1 to my new Osmo handle.  Gimbals shut down but camera video seems normal .  Posted mine under Osmo help forum.  Software uptodare
2016-2-23
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-2-22 22:10
Make sure the tiny cooling fan is working on the camera. You can blow on the fan and see it move nor ...

That is a great Idea Rich,  I am going to write that one down.

Cheers, Donnie

2016-2-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-23 16:23
That is a great Idea Rich,  I am going to write that one down.

Cheers, Donnie

The reason I am telling you this ... is because it happened to me. The fan was stuck solid and it took a bit of fiddling with a toothpick to free it up. Now it works perfectly and does not run as hot as before. during the firmware updates the thing got so hot I would put a cooling fan on the inspire during the update.  

Hope you get this figured out!

Rich
2016-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules