Force DJI Go to use micro sd video from DJI Phantom 3 Standard
808 0 2016-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hankt
New

Hong Kong

In a flight Saturday I was reviewing video captured via DJI Go and noticed several minutes of video missing - about the same amount of time I had left the Phantom 3 suspended and filming when out of transmission range. I put the micro SD card in my phone and saw the bit of video that I wanted.

However, after replacing the micro SD and telling the DJI Go app to download that clip from the drone, I recevied a message about formats and picture types that were supported. What I wanted was 2.7k video stored on the drone in the micro SD card so that I could splice clips into a video using DJI Go app.

I even tried putting a copy in my phone in the download directory and using the 'manage" and import video function within DJI Go and it did not recognized the .MOV file.

Next, I used an editor to execute a straaight passthrough export to MP4. I put a copy in the download directory and a copy in the clips directory where DJI stores locally recorded video.

Neiither of those worked.

I ended up just uploading the mov/mp4 video to share with friends and family on youtube:
and letting youtube add a soundtrack.

I was going to try to edit it using Windows Live Movie Maker, however niether the .MOV or .MP4 file can be seen in that program after it has finished "pre-processing to create a version usable by Windows Live Movie Maker" or whatever that message was.

All of the other video in my download directory was listed as ready to be imported into the DJI Go app except the .MOV or .MP4 video created by the DJI Phantom 3 Standard.

How do I force the DJI Go app to work with the video created by the DJI Phantom 3 Standard?

Thanks,

Hank
*nudge #2**nudge #3*

2016-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules