Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Photo and Video in the same flight ??
974 13 2016-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fw190a3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519177 ft
Spain

Hi...I have just buy a PH3Profesional....I have a doubt. In my old PH2 + Gopro I can make video and photo in the same flight...is a similar configuration for the new camera in PH3P??
Thx in advance

Luis from Zaragoza Spain
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Go-Pro had this feature so as an action camera it wanted to do both at the same time. Phantom 3 doesn't have this feature  but you can get a pretty nice frame out shooting in 4K
2016-2-22
Use props
labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
Australia

You can take stills and video in the same flight - just not at the same time.
2016-2-22
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

The only advantage for GoPro and a sorely missed one!
Best option is to fly once taking pictures then fly again filming.
This way you also have a better understanding of the airspace you're filming in.
The good old lazy film+photo option might come in a firmware update or maybe in a P4?
One can allways hope, but if nobody's asking it probably isn't going to happen.
2016-2-22
Use props
rodger
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you mean at the same time you would have to leave the mode that you are in and enter the other mode however, you can grab a frame in post and use it as a photo.
2016-2-22
Use props
Kneepuck
Captain
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

rodger Posted at 2016-2-22 03:45
If you mean at the same time you would have to leave the mode that you are in and enter the other mo ...

I want to do that!!!   Where is this post I grab the female at?  Will she object?  Should I get some tips from Bill Cosby?

2016-2-22
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Count me in!!!
2016-2-22
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.4

New Zealand

I do both in the same flight quite often, I would rather do them separately myself, as my settings for video and photos, as well as framing and composition is usually different. I prioritize photos myself, and normally just take some video as an after I'm done take photos.
2016-2-22
Use props
Failure Enginee
lvl.2

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-22 18:48
I want to do that!!!   Where is this post I grab the female at?  Will she object?  Should I get so ...

I'm sure Bill Cosby would be more than happy to give you the tip.
2016-2-22
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-22 19:48
I want to do that!!!   Where is this post I grab the female at?  Will she object?  Should I get so ...

Guess I blew that one guys. Just changed it to frame. Must have had something else on my mind at the time
2016-2-23
Use props
rodger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-22 21:03
I do both in the same flight quite often, I would rather do them separately myself, as my settings f ...

It does take another mindset to concentrate on. I would prioritize my flight as you do making the Photo or Video the primary focus.
2016-2-23
Use props
Not A Speck Of
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

The idea that you would only take video or photo but not both in a single flight seems weird to me.

You've taken the time to get out into the field prepared to fly. You're up in the air. You see something to take video of, take a sequence or three. Then you're done with that, but are still in the sky -- why would you not take a still photo if you see something that warrants it?

Sometimes, while shooting a video, I see something that would make a good still and make a note of it but keep shooting video. When I'm done with that, I then come back for the still. Multi-tasking!

Taking them both at the same time is not something I've considered. I didn't know that was a previous capability. It's not something I think I need.

2016-2-23
Use props
fw190a3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519177 ft
Spain

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-22 09:43
Go-Pro had this feature so as an action camera it wanted to do both at the same time. Phantom 3 does ...

Thanks Tim .... you think that in the near future in the C1 and C2 buttons could include the possibility of photos while recording video camera? ..... I think it's a good idea .... Have a nice night :-)
2016-2-24
Use props
Not A Speck Of
Second Officer
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2016-2-23 12:04
The idea that you would only take video or photo but not both in a single flight seems weird to me.  ...

Me: "The idea that you would only take video or photo but not both in a single flight seems weird to me. "

<eatCrow>

A good reason to not shoot both video and photos in a single flight: when you're using ND filters for video. Those will slow down your shutter speed for still shots, which might be (likely is) not good for your capture. For a sharp image taken from a flying craft (vibrations and wind), you want as a high a shutter speed as you can get.

</eatCrow>

Still, if you're up there and see something, don't hesitate to take the shot. If you think it's great but could be better, then land and take the filter off, eh?
2016-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules