GO app - nitpicking terminology
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrm11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 224577 ft
United States

I was messing around in the Go app today and looked through the list of tutorial/help videos.

There is one reviewing the Phantom 3's "Video Positioning System."

I didn't think that sounded right, so I looked at the website. In the P3 section is details the "Vision" Positioning System.

There's enough confusion out there, no need for tehe documentation to add to it. DJI might want to agree on terminology and apply it consistently to the products. Or perhaps fire the proofreaders.

2016-2-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It's a Chinese company FFS, what do you expect?

If you want to nit-pick, you might correct the spelling errors in your post first. And the words 'vision' or 'video' both work in that context. A Positioning system based on vision/video.
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Yes, thank you for pointing this out, we will come up with the changes
2016-2-23
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

"There's enough confusion out there, no need for tehe documentation to add to it.  DJI might want to agree on terminology and apply it consistently to the products. Or perhaps fire the proofreaders. ".

How about you proofread your quote above, see how many errors you can find.
Oh and when you're done, you might want to fire yourself or kick your own arse.

2016-2-23
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-22 18:20

If you want to nit-pick, you might correct the spel ...

No need to be so hostile.

FWIW, "Video" and "Vision" are not interchangeable terms. Certainly not in this context. "Video" has nothing to do with the function of the feature in question.  They are being used a proper nouns for a particular product function.

2016-2-23
Use props
jrm11
lvl.3
United States

Rob_stal Posted at 2016-2-23 06:56
"There's enough confusion out there, no need for tehe documentation to add to it.  DJI might want to ...

TWO typos. Fat fingers and small keys are a problem. If I was being paid to write documentation for a billion dollar company I would have hired a proofreader to check my work. I would also expect that management would review the information before dissemination to the public and have caught the fact that it wasn't a typo, but a mis-naming of an important feature.

On the plus side, this afternoon I go back to the eye doctor for vision correction surgery (not a joke). That should help me catch more minor typos in the future.

I will definitely sanction myself appropriately. My pay for posting on the forum has been cut in half for the next week.   

For the record, I DID use "smileys" in my post regarding the suggested sanctions. (Still, it is a pretty big error unless the feature name was changed internally after the video was produced).
2016-2-23
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Australia

jrm11 Posted at 2016-2-24 01:56
No need to be so hostile.

FWIW, "Video" and "Vision" are not interchangeable terms. Certainly not ...

I assume you haven't followed many of Geebax's post or replies, this was Geebax being polite, calm and collected buddy.
2016-2-23
Use props
Rob_stal
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-23 10:20

If you want to nit-pick, you might correct the spel ...

I give up on this one. When an individual is that up himself that he blindly ignores and excuses his own inadequacies  while berating others, you know it's going to be a waste of time continuing any further dialogue....... "people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones........"
                       "examine the log in your eye, before you examine the twig in mine......"
                       " pot calling the kettle black........."

You get the gist.... the list goes on and on.........................................

Well now it can like to be tyme to go fly that thingy chopper wiff like 4 engines and a gogo cam and like a dope video help sensor thingy.

jrm11, knock yourself out proof reading that one buddy.
Life's too short to stress over petty crap, I've just wasted too much of mine replying here so I'll take my own advice and be gone. (please don't reply as i'll be away on stess leave!!!!!)

Cheers
2016-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules