Motor Obstructed?
3029 6 2016-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
willmorrison97
New

Canada

A warning popped up on my screen after a very minor crash from about 2 metres. What should I do to fix it?
2016-2-22
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Turn the phantom upside down and gently turn the motors back and forth to see if they turn freely.  If free you should be good to go.  If one is stuck look for debris between bell and coils of motor, try blow out with comp air.
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

You could have some dirt or sand inside, or the motor shaft got deformed... in the second case drone has to be sent in for repair
2016-2-23
Use props
willmorrison97
New

Canada

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-2-23 00:30
Turn the phantom upside down and gently turn the motors back and forth to see if they turn freely.   ...

Bu stuck do you mean not move at all?
2016-2-23
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If it does not move at all this is a bad sign as it probably needs disassembly to fix.  Best to follow DJI Tim's advice.
2016-2-23
Use props
willmorrison97
New

Canada

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-2-23 12:44
If it does not move at all this is a bad sign as it probably needs disassembly to fix.  Best to foll ...

Ok i will contact them. All four motors rotate both directions. Must be an internal issue I am thinking.
2016-2-23
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

willmorrison97 Posted at 2016-2-23 16:39
Ok i will contact them. All four motors rotate both directions. Must be an internal issue I am thi ...

If all four motors rotate with the same resistance and you only got the "Motor Restricted" warning once after a small crash, there may not be a problem.
Have you tried starting the Phantom again? And if so is the warning still coming up?
If it is you probably need to send it for repair, if not it may have been a one time occurrence resulting from the crash and it may be OK.
I've gotten the warning after my phantom flipped onto it's top while landing, but it was fine and I had no problems with it afterward.
2016-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules