Announcing the DJI Media Maker
5873 35 2016-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-CS
lvl.4

Hong Kong

QQ图片20160224103623.png                   

As the world’s first gimbal stabilized action camera, the DJI Osmo gave video shooters a level of creativity they never dreamed of before. It is also a powerful still camera, able to use its motors to create perfect panoramas and smooth flowing timelapse videos.

Using the new DJI Media Maker, creating large, seamless panorama images and timelapse videos is easier than ever. Simply add all the photos you want to merge into a folder, drag it into Media Maker, select your output type and press Start. In a flash, Media Maker will have processed your masterpiece, ready for you to share.

Try it for yourself, download Media Maker from DJI.com today.
2016-2-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Mac version ?
2016-2-23
Use props
Old Geezer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23691 ft
United Kingdom

Will it work with stills and videos from Phantoms and other devices?
2016-2-23
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

Appears to be Windows only.  As asked, is there a Mac version?  If not, will there be a Mac version?
2016-2-23
Use props
One
lvl.1

Sweden

Windows only, and I really wanted to try this. Oh well that's what you get for being an apple user
2016-2-23
Use props
mikael
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Mac please
2016-2-23
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

I will rip it apart and let you know.
2016-2-23
Use props
Happy crow
New

Hong Kong

As others already have asked, when is a Mac verson coming?
2016-2-23
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

Run it in parallels Desktop on your Mac:

http://www.parallels.com/landing ... gai0Y3Y6hoCr8jw_wcB
2016-2-23
Use props
igot2n0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740548 ft
United States

A native Mac version, please.
2016-2-23
Use props
Mick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1598878 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Perfectly compiles! But, do support *.DNG
2016-2-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-2-24 02:57
Run it in parallels Desktop on your Mac:

http://www.parallels.com/landingpage/pd/windows-on-mac/? ...

Not a chance will I put anything that is named windows even in the same room with my Mac.........
2016-2-23
Use props
QuadcopterDrone
lvl.1

Ireland

One Posted at 2016-2-23 12:31
Windows only, and I really wanted to try this. Oh well that's what you get for being an apple user : ...

"But the Apple doesn't get any virus" Lol
2016-2-23
Use props
QuadcopterDrone
lvl.1

Ireland

Harb Posted at 2016-2-24 00:09
Not a chance will I put anything that is named windows even in the same room with my Mac.........: ...

Haha, I find this very funny...
2016-2-23
Use props
arock387
lvl.2

United States

Still have no idea why people use Macs. Overprices, underpowered locked down junk
2016-2-23
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Doesn't make much sense for smaller programs to be made for macs, they make up less than 10% of computers. Same with iOS devices to some degree as they make up a pretty small market share, but the ease of making and testing for iOS makes up for this somewhat.

Your best bet would be to trash your Mac and get a real computer, or install windows on your mac natively, or use bootcamp to run windows on your mac computer at the same time as OSX.
2016-2-23
Use props
LOCOSDEL136
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5709 ft
Puerto Rico

Mac
2016-2-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-24 13:18
Doesn't make much sense for smaller programs to be made for macs, they make up less than 10% of comp ...

In numbers the PC may well have it, but in the creative workplace where it really counts the the machine does what its supposed to, Mac wins hands down.
I have over 30 of them, and have had Zero downtime since we moved across from PC and Linux based machines...........we work hard and so do they.
And I guess you also have the fact that every time software is released here, quiet a few people want the Mac version of the software, so there are a lot of users here even.
And finally of course as a Techo, you open the side of a PC and its just a box full of ugliness , wires and total disorganisation, where the Mac is a pure work of art.....which is a shame really because you never really need to take the lids off them, other than to remind you why you paid a little bit extra in the first place........and even that is not such a gap these days.
Yep, I like Mac.....because I like what they do, and dont really want to rebuild the machine everytime I need to use it......whereas the PC is for people that like to Play with computer internals.......while they do that, I am making money ;)
2016-2-23
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Harb Posted at 2016-2-24 11:22
In numbers the PC may well have it, but in the creative workplace where it really counts the the ma ...

Well Apple certainly fail just as much as any other brand, if they didn't, I wouldn't have a job.

As for the look of them, in most case if you compare apples to apples (er, maybe the not the best saying in this case), and compare an apple computer to an windows computer of similar cost, they don't tend to be a jumble of wires. Secondly, the jumble of wires is what makes PC's upgradeable, and parts cheaper, often by a factor for 5-10x cheaper, than Apple replacement parts. this also makes PC much more price effective, as they last longer, due to affordable repairs, and being able to upgrade them, instead of having to buy a new one every two years.

No jumbles of wires here (built/owned):

2016-2-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

You need to upgrade ?
2016-2-23
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Harb Posted at 2016-2-24 11:51
You need to upgrade ?

Well...I have seen people using 10 year old PCs....But I'm certainly not that patient.
2016-2-23
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

2016-2-23
Use props
Stanley Fredrik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148556 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I have old iMac still running fast. Yes there is always Apple haters! I never jump back to Windows machines
2016-2-24
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Harb Posted at 2016-2-24 03:22
In numbers the PC may well have it, but in the creative workplace where it really counts the the ma ...

Totally agree, you have only got to visit any software congress, majority if not all of the commercial software developers or architects have got a Mac sat on their laps, its a no brainer to them and they write the stuff for us!
Mac Book Pro eats video editing for breakfast, you try similar on a off the shelf windows machine, okay maybe not.....
2016-2-24
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

Harb Posted at 2016-2-24 10:09
Not a chance will I put anything that is named windows even in the same room with my Mac.........: ...

As  an IT Professional, developer,  technician and a mac user for over 20 years and running 5 personal macs here at home including a 27 5K Retina,  your comment is uneducated and rather silly and shows you are not educated in such things.   You should get over your misguided bias and use tools available to you.
2016-2-24
Use props
Dark Knight
lvl.1

United Kingdom

2016-2-24
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

My my children! Squabbling over pity things. You all need a time out.Ha!
2016-2-24
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

As an IT developer you would go broke here.....there is no further development needed, Macs just work....as they are......my Education is widespread, but I always rank it on how good my bank statements look.
I am not an IT Professional or Developer, I am just a User, and my time is money, so I need equipment that just works......thats it...thats all......when I have Editing jobs that need to be done to deadlines I have never since we swapped to Mac ever been late due to computer issues, so my Bias is based on experience right across the 30 Machines and the support network we rely on........ The only failure we have ever had, was a HDD....a Western Digital, that could have failed in any machine of course......we have never had an Apple hardware issue, and our machines are purchased and turned on, never to be turned of unless there is a power failure.....I only replace them when new Tech comes out, like USB 3 or Thunderbolt etc
Unfortunately I do still have some PC stuff , but only because in our machining workshop, some of the CNC gear only runs on PC Software, and Some of our Switchers....Grass Valley, and Tricasters also are internally based on the windows Platform.......all of which give trouble from time to time, blue screens etc, and one of the tricasters has been an ongoing PITA since new, and will be replaced shortly.
So yeah, IT professional maybe not, but my life revolves squarely around how well our Systems work, and if thats being bias, I guess I am.
Having said all that, this is not the right place to argue about who likes what,  (If you didn't get it back then....I will make it clear....My post was in Jest..) so lets agree to disagree and just enjoy flying our birds.....and our choice of computers no matter what it is.
2016-2-24
Use props
LordNeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 548212 ft
Chile

As an user, you only get that, the user experience, and it's a good experience. If you don't have the tech skills to refine your experience, you have to spend that extra money to get it out of the box.
Mac is less than 10% and is not even where it counts.
As an IT Professional/Developer, I've never been in a congress (we send the commercial/marketing person because they have time to spend on that kind of BS), I've never seen a server, IOT device or embed device running iOS/OSX and from the 3 commercial/film producers know none of them where using MAC (1 use Blender over Linux and the other 2 runs DaVinci Resolve over Linux, all of them choosing Linux for the ease on the network distributed load).
I do know a lot people using Macs (my best friend works as Apple representative) but most of them are just final users with no specific need and could probably work just fine with a PC, but they like the "Look & Feel" (from the case and the OS) of the Mac, wich is fine as long as they can afford it.
Finally, for users, it's only a matter of taste. For Devs they know why use/not use it depending on the situation.
2016-2-24
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

I am guessing the Mods will cull out all these Non Relevant posts, so I will ad this I guess.
Its only the user experience I am after.....Our machines all work as intended, next to zero input out of the box to do that.......The people we employ tend to walk right in and edit.....no need to train them on specific platforms like silicone graphics smoke avid etc etc......most of them are totally across Final Cut, Motion and compressor etc etc.....so it opens up a whole new world of resources to us.
So yes, as a business that has to take the user experience very seriously, as well as downtime, replacement costs (I can buy 3 Optioned up Mac Pro's for the price of one of our old systems) and ease of rollout.....you are right, they just work right out of the box......they fill the bill....very well.
I guess its a bit like drones.......I have drones here that fly faster higher, carry more weight and all that stuff, but you can go down the road and buy an Inspire 1, charge the batteries and make fantastic movies....without having to do a thing.
There will always be a place for complicated hand built drones and custom computers, but when all you want is to have a great user experience and be able to do your job completely effortless, in our case the Mac system works completely as expected and beyond.
2016-2-24
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

Riley....nice stuff!
My setup:
http://imgur.com/a/ySPjw

2016-2-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Harb Posted at 2016-2-24 08:09

o.k, but i bet you put your Mac in a room with Windows....
and Parallels is not named Windows and neither is Media Maker, so in both cases you should be safe to invite them in....

oh, nice job DJI. thanks for the software....
2016-2-28
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-2-29 03:06
o.k, but i bet you put your Mac in a room with Windows....
and Parallels is not named Windows a ...

2016-2-28
Use props
canyalicn
lvl.1
Turkey

In which folder exactly stills for a timelapse is held in SD Card? (Using Osmo Mobile) I can not find them in the DJI folder - there are stills for the panorama but not the timelapses.
2016-11-16
Use props
jonathansatori
lvl.1

arock387@gmail. Posted at 2016-2-23 16:22
Still have no idea why people use Macs. Overprices, underpowered locked down junk

People with higher IQ's use mac's fact.
2020-6-28
Use props
jonathansatori
lvl.1

Mac version please. I am doing a review of the timelapse for youtube and it looks like 2003 footage. Get real DJI.
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules