Imperial/Metric choices
1216 4 2016-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Why when I choose Imperial so that it shows feet instead of meters does it still only show metric when setting distances in the Go App? Say when I want to set altitude I have to set it at around 30 meters if I want 100 feet. Shouldn't the app change when I pick Imperial? A little confusing to have to do conversions in your head.  

2016-2-23
Use props
68chgr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35548 ft

United States

Through several firmware and DJI GO app revisions DJI has failed to address this issue even though there have been complaints/suggestions in various forums about this issue. Choose metric everything is metric, choose imperial and u get mixed bag of imperial/metric measurements(   rth height, max height and distance  set points etc)  Come on DJI as the old saying goes "THIS AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE". Easy programming code fix but guess it's just not important to DJI.
2016-2-23
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

They should care because a mistake in input could cause a crash. I know I"d expect DJI to repair or replace mine for free if it was the case.
2016-2-23
Use props
Dr. Acula
lvl.2

Annoying isn't it?  I made a meters->feet conversion table on a small post-it note and stuck it on the controller.
2016-2-23
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

Now that I know, that that's the case, I reset everything after I had done a test to see if my P3A would stop at 50 feet to what I had set it for, it did not, it went up I guess just over 150 feet. After being in engineering for 25 years I have gotten into the testing everything I do, no matter what it is. Just think if I would have done that test between one of DJI execs legs and set it for 1 meter thinking it was 1 foot!!!!!
2016-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules