1980 13 2014-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

Well would love to hear everyones thoughts and ideas,

Guess the FAA granted 6 companies permission:

Astraeus Aerial, Aerial MOB, LLC, HeliVideo Productions, LLC, Pictorvision Inc, RC Pro Productions Consulting, LLC dba Vortex Aerial, and Snaproll Media, LLC.

I understand the safety in this I really do, but seems like if you are going to get "Permission" you need to have some $$$$ (IM JUST GUESSING).

I am just amazed by all of this mess....back when I was growing up you could fly a RC Heli/Plane without a LOT of slack. This new technology that brought us "Drones" to be within reach of your most average familys/individuals check book the FAA wants to be sure they make it hard for us which is very upseting. If your going to impliment and make rules/regulations then make them already and lets US see if we can afford what you ask of us because ultimately its going to be a $$$$ issue for certification/training.

http://www.today.com/video/today/56121932

Comments?
2014-9-26
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

2014-9-26
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

2014-9-26
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Yes, but did you read the qualifications. They have to be licensed pilots.  The cost of that movie just went back up.
2014-9-26
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-27 09:20
Yes, but did you read the qualifications. They have to be licensed pilots.  The cost of that movie j ...

Great! Have to be a licensed pilot..... well that is already out of my reach if they make that the NEW FAA law on these drones for commercial use. Just amazing...luckily most of us are in this for JUST the hobby!

Government is always making things out of reach for your average citizens.
2014-9-27
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-27 09:20
Yes, but did you read the qualifications. They have to be licensed pilots.  The cost of that movie j ...

I mean to be honest for my sake/interest I would never need to go above 400ft and never fly as fast as they set it NOR fly at night....simple but still making it hard for those (I know a few) that are wanting to make a SMALL company taking photos/videos for different companies.

Just a bit amazed is all....
2014-9-27
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

We all are going to have to sit tight to see what happens. The rules and guidelines are coming real soon. Hopefully by the end of the year.
Congress had mandated that the FAA come up with the rules and regulations. From what I have read there are no laws in the books governing model aircraft. But merely guidelines.  But the FAA had to make cases to use as examples and have tried to put some people through the ringer to see if they could get away with it. So far they have not won a case.  It takes acts congress to make new laws.

There are laws coming so sit back and lets see what happens.  We as professional and hobbyist must be responsible to fly these aircraft safely. I have seen video of people trying to do stupid things that will jeopardize this industry's future. All it's going to take is someone to take down an airliner, invade privacy, burn down a building etc.

Well see.

You have to thank the AMA and others out there fighting for our rights here in the USA.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/AMAComments_InterpRule0914.pdf
JMO
2014-9-27
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

hd_ultra@msn.co Posted at 2014-9-27 22:56
We all are going to have to sit tight to see what happens. The rules and guidelines are coming real  ...

Thanks for the nice share!

Yup cant agree with you more, be responsible, and understand the laws when they come about but till then it can sure get under your skin..it does mine.

Thanks for posting hd_ultra
2014-9-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

These are proposed regs.  They have not been adopted and certainly not adjudicated.  I don't think based on the 2012 law that the FAA can make a model flyer obtain a pilots license if they want to fly for hire.  Just my opinion and not that of DJI.  
2014-9-28
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

I'm an AMA member in good standing.
I belong to two AMA clubs in my area, and am the secretary of one of them.
The AMA's response to the FAA makes me proud to belong.
I hope all of you (in the USA) are members or will consider joining...

Bam!
Off the soapbox...
2014-9-28
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

Me too. The membership and knowledge is awesome. I have been looking for a local club. But don't know which one to talk to.
I love all the digital magazines. And the benefits are great to.
2014-9-28
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-29 10:19
I'm an AMA member in good standing.
I belong to two AMA clubs in my area, and am the secretary of on ...

Im a avid hobbyist have always loved RC hobbies since I could remember. My first real one was the "Grasshopper" (buggy/car type) and boy that was high end back then. I was center of attention in my neighborhood!!

Just new to the models that go in the AIR. Seems like things took a huge change when cameras started getting mounted on models that flew and the technology that allows them to go so far out & high. I had 2 nitro powered planes and NEVER remember this much drama....

Anyway T J Gilbert can you direct me on how to become a member of such a organization?

Thanks for chiming in....

2014-9-29
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Go here...
http://www.modelaircraft.org/
The magazine and the supplemental liability insurance are worth the dues expense.
Not to mention that the dues are funding their lobbying efforts!
2014-9-29
Use props
lqqkup
lvl.1
United States

T J Gilbert Posted at 2014-9-30 01:44
Go here...
http://www.modelaircraft.org/
The magazine and the supplemental liability insurance are w ...

Thanks got it!
2014-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules