2081 45 2016-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Leftridge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1571155 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-29 01:22
If he sells them I would be a buyer, I ordered one from Turkey but I like your friends design ...

Ill see if i cant get you one!
2016-2-28
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Leftridge Posted at 2016-2-28 14:34
Ill see if i cant get you one!

Thanks,

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

-donnie
2016-2-28
Use props
Arvada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398822 ft
United States

I read the article posted by mydogisdead.  Good article and seems to provide reproducibility but left me with questions.

1. If I don't fly for 30 days my LEDs still say the battery is at 90-95% which makes me think it is NOT discharging.  But the Drone-gate article seems to state that the LEDs are not accurately reflecting the discharge and the batteries have been bled down.  Does anyone know if this is correct?
2. If this is indeed the case, then if it has been more than 10 days and the batteries drained would it be wise to charge fully even though the LED says 90% or better?
3. The new firmware has created an issue for me.  I have an I1 with an X5 camera which adds load on the craft.  Twice I have been given a new error message saying "propulsion limited to protect battery"  Yeah nice if you have an X3 camera.  Not so hot when you have an X5 attached.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Arvada

critical warning

critical warning
2016-2-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Arvada Posted at 2016-2-29 16:56
I read the article posted by mydogisdead.  Good article and seems to provide reproducibility but lef ...

Arvada, You have a great post that  should be posted as a New thread.   Please copy and past and  make it a new thread , it will be seen by many more people.

I can answer some of your questions though ;

1 = Yes , this is correct.  Make sure that you charge the batteries especially if they have been sitting.  Always hover  for 1 minute and look for that telltale drop in Voltage. Your sceen shot is a perfect example of this !

2. Yes

3. Do you have Inspire 1 version 2  with updated motors ?  If not you may want to consider it for the extra power.  Also that warning is quite common in cold temps especially .  This came out to protect the battery  in the cold weather to prevent the catastrophic drop in voltage which was causing some aircraft to cut power and land or fall from sky.

*** Make sure you are cycling those batteris as well.  Now and them completely drain them down, until the aircraft just shuts down.. I do it like this:  Fly down to say 20 % battery.  Turn off transmitter and remove props,  let aircraft remain on at  standby, no motors running. In about 1 hour the remaing life wil drain.  Next let the battery get to room temp and do a STANDARD recharge. This I find works well and keeps the battery strong.

Once again , you will get more responses if you start a new thread.  I am but one with a humble opinion

Cheers -donnie
2016-2-29
Use props
Leftridge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1571155 ft

Arvada Posted at 2016-3-1 06:56
I read the article posted by mydogisdead.  Good article and seems to provide reproducibility but lef ...

Not that I have a ton of experience.. But, NO DOUBT Id put my batteries on the charger if having set for over 10 days not  to mention 30 days.

I will say I have completely downgraded to FW v5 and the issue "appears" to have gone away. Im.not getting that limiting propulsion message or the broken cell messages.

But im being extemely cautious till I get the replacement batteries.

NO doubt in my mind FW V6 has a bug that is causing major issues.
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Arvada Posted at 2016-3-1 06:56

I have gotten that propulsion message as well. It's protection so it does not put too many amps from a battery that's almost depleted so it doesn't damage any cells.
If you fly down to 25-45% or so and go full throttle, after several seconds you will see the warning and it's supposed to work that way.
And with the discharge, my Phantom and Inspire batteries work just as they are supposed to. If you have yours set for 10 days, after 10 days then it will slowly discharge to the storage level and it takes a few days to drop that far.
If you press the power button, that automatically resets the battery timer.
2016-2-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules