3367 41 2016-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone that is associated with DJI have any information on when the x5 adapter is going to become available? I know I've ask in the past, I just can't for the life of me figure out what the big secret is?
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks a lot for your attention and concern! The Osmo X5 adaptor is just about to be ready, it won't be long any more..We make it a priority to not share new announcements until they are ready. We are excited to share more at the beginning of March.
2016-2-23
Use props
mmoses00
lvl.1

United States

Welcome to the beginning of March!  A great Spring day it is, the birds chir- What was that? OsmoX5AdapterThing... ah... be right back!
2016-3-1
Use props
mmoses00
lvl.1

United States

Coming soon is here.
2016-3-1
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Any new updates on the x5 adapter???????
2016-3-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Coming soon is here and gone and then some.
2016-3-4
Use props
seanemclean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 223061 ft
United States

I'm getting really, really impatient about this.
2016-3-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

seanemclean@gma Posted at 2016-3-4 11:24
I'm getting really, really impatient about this.

I know, they keep releasing new stuff without finishing up the old, there like my wife, she  starts projects but never finishes them.
2016-3-4
Use props
Khyber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 373842 ft
United States

i just ordered an osmo and going to order an 3d adapter as well but official sure would be nice
2016-3-4
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-4 17:45
I know, they keep releasing new stuff without finishing up the old, there like my wife, she  start ...

Lol i feel your pain...
2016-3-5
Use props
IanH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58278 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still there is no news on the X5 adapter, wrong when they tell you the X5 will work with the Osmo - but you need an adapter - been trying to get one since - forever!!!
2016-3-6
Use props
I1d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291634 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The delay is on the software side (firmware) and x5r work I suspect. The adapter is not really useful without updat d firmware to have full camera control. Still extremely annoying but does not xplain why it hasn't shipper. See the mythical man month for why software is so challenging to accelerate dev on once you are behind. Same issue with x5 firmware.
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-3-5 06:45
I know, they keep releasing new stuff without finishing up the old, there like my wife, she  start ...

I hope we're not finished but keeping getting better!
Adaptability in this century is very important.
I bet your wife is a smart woman.
2016-3-6
Use props
PhotoProEvent
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118806 ft
  • >>>
France

And will it be worldwide annoucement or will it be by region? I'd like to know for France. Thanks in advance
2016-3-7
Use props
simon_finlayson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-7 07:12
I hope we're not finished but keeping getting better!
Adaptability in this century is very import ...

Hello DJI adela,  So, here we are, mid march.  And....?  Adapter?  Here's a question: If it's the firmware that's the massive hold up,  why not sell the adapter in the mean time and we'll all have them and be ready for when the big update comes out "soon"!!?!?!
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

simon_finlayson Posted at 2016-3-9 06:32
Hello DJI adela,  So, here we are, mid march.  And....?  Adapter?  Here's a question: If it's the  ...

Hello Simon,
Thanks for your concern!
Please be forgiven that we don't have any available news about the adaptor right now. We - DJI, make it a priority to not share new announcements until they are ready.
2016-3-8
Use props
mmoses00
lvl.1

United States

I'm going to bail on this entire kit - WAY WAY WAY better solution over at http://www.came-tv.com/camesingl ... prpni0gs1gu1tclq8m2
2016-3-9
Use props
mmoses00
lvl.1

United States

mmoses00 Posted at 2016-3-9 15:59
I'm going to bail on this entire kit - WAY WAY WAY better solution over at http://www.came-tv.com/ca ...

Now I just need to sell all the pieces back on Ebay and hopefully recover some of my money.  By the time they get this product out (if they EVER do) there will be 6 other solutions at 1/3 the price.
2016-3-9
Use props
rj74
lvl.3
  • >>>
Morocco

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-9 02:35
Hello Simon,
Thanks for your concern!
Please be forgiven that we don't have any available news abo ...

DJI Adela, actually DJI announced the X5 adaptor in November last year

But we do appreciate your ironic comedy

2016-3-11
Use props
suzukiking
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is terrible. Can't below DJI have flogged this in front of us 5 months ago on expos, videos and so on and yet they can't give us updates instead of empty promises. I love my drone and everything about it, but seriously think DJI have let us down on this front. Terrible product relations.
2016-3-11
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600479 ft
Germany

dji only want to have new products and new costumers.
when you buy something ...after that dji gives a shit about you.
the problem is that dji has the market and only yuneec do a littlebit.
after 5 month ..nothing...no infos ..only info "comming soon"
2016-3-11
Use props
Westwoodfilms.c
lvl.2

Canada

The X5R is shipping soon so they have to update the firmware and app. Lets pray they release the adapter because the X5R will be compatible with the Osmo.
2016-3-11
Use props
mmee1992
lvl.3
United States

Hopefully we will see something soon. The new DJI Go update for iOS shows support for an OSMO Pro and x5Raw I believe.
2016-3-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mmee1992@yahoo. Posted at 2016-3-13 22:07
Hopefully we will see something soon. The new DJI Go update for iOS shows support for an OSMO Pro an ...

We're did you see that?
2016-3-14
Use props
vincentlublink
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

a year later..... no 2 years OSMO X5? no way! it will not come just talk talk buy buy
2016-3-14
Use props
Khyber
lvl.2
United States

mmee1992@yahoo. Posted at 2016-3-13 22:07
Hopefully we will see something soon. The new DJI Go update for iOS shows support for an OSMO Pro an ...

not surprising they are going to sell it with the x5 too and call it a pro like the inspire.

but where did you see that??
2016-3-14
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

interesting. Imagine the price of the OSMO Pro
2016-3-14
Use props
mmee1992
lvl.3
United States

Khyber Posted at 2016-3-14 08:09
not surprising they are going to sell it with the x5 too and call it a pro like the inspire.

but w ...

When I updated on iOS in the whats new section it said added support for Phantom 4, OSMO Pro, Inspire Raw, and something else. I want to say the thermal camera.
2016-3-16
Use props
simon_finlayson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-24 02:31
Thanks a lot for your attention and concern! The Osmo X5 adaptor is just about to be ready, it won't ...

Unbelievable.  I've been waiting since October. Osmo handle and x5 and nothing to show for it.  What a waste of money. Having to turn down jobs. Very embarrassing.
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

simon_finlayson Posted at 2016-3-17 07:12
Unbelievable.  I've been waiting since October. Osmo handle and x5 and nothing to show for it.  Wh ...

Once it comes out finally, I hope it proves to be not a waste of money.
2016-3-16
Use props
simon_finlayson
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-17 02:14
Once it comes out finally, I hope it proves to be not a waste of money.

I was asked to help out with filming a wedding. It's indoors,  low light. It's on the 26th of March..... 2016. I've had to drop it at this point, leaving them in a lurch,  which is most embarrassing.  @DJI-Adela I'm sorry to be rude,  really, but is dji's treatment here acceptable to you?  Are you ok with me (and many others) buying all these things and having no use of them for months with constant missed deadlines and no options of returning or even getting a definite date of when I can receive an adaptor!!!.  How about you (dji) give me my £2200 back, and I give you back your x5, handle and all accessories. I've written dji emails requesting the release date or requesting to return my item. Of course haven't heard anything.  Tell me, is this acceptable to you?!?!  Do you see how patronising this is? This isn't building excitement.  I bought these items last year!  DJI (via DJI-Adela) please advise a soloution which will solve this problem now, and not "soon". My next correspondence will be court action, which has begun. I'm sure those in the same situation will be keenly interested in how it turns out. A soloution is either my money back, now, or an adaptor in the post, now. If neither of those happen, "soon" dji will he caught up in the forthcoming of me pursuing my money back and consequential loss. I'm sorry, my patients has reached its end. My email is simon_finlayson@hotmail.com please message me personally if you have a soloution.
2016-3-16
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

simon_finlayson Posted at 2016-3-17 15:25
I was asked to help out with filming a wedding. It's indoors,  low light. It's on the 26th of Marc ...

I'm really sorry about the situation! Hope you can work it out. The adapter is in testing, and once it's ready it will be release in time. Sorry for any inconvenience caused!
2016-3-17
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Simon - imagine if they release an adaptor which isn't ready to be released yet. Then it will be more than just one court case to worry about. If you're really desperate, buy an adapter available on eBay at the moment, either 3D printed or aluminium ones, until DJI are ready to release their adapter.
2016-3-17
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-17 09:55
I'm really sorry about the situation! Hope you can work it out. The adapter is in testing, and once ...

4-5 month in testing ....hahahah
2016-3-17
Use props
matteo.toffanin
lvl.1

Italy

marvelles Posted at 2016-3-17 11:40
4-5 month in testing ....hahahah

DJI should be ashamed for all this! Shame shame !!!
I was a happy customer so far:
-1 Complete S900
-2 Phantom 3
-1 Ronin
-1 Inspire One Pro
and now this shit Osmo !!!

And 'from November I purchased a useless handle !!!
You have to give us a certain date !!! Shame !!! The word "soon" mettetevela where the sun beats!
This DJI behavior is disgusting !!!
2016-3-17
Use props
Khyber
lvl.2
United States

just buy a $10 3d printed adapter or the metal one on ebay and go film your wedding lol...
2016-3-17
Use props
marvelles
lvl.4
Germany

the 3 d printed adapter can be broken.
buy the special metal adapter for 100 $ that is stable.
now the new firmware are out.....who is testing with the x5 ? hehehe
2016-3-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

marvelles Posted at 2016-3-17 12:57
the 3 d printed adapter can be broken.
buy the special metal adapter for 100 $ that is stable.
now t ...

I'm waiting for someone else to go first.
2016-3-17
Use props
Khyber
lvl.2
United States

i tried with sd card.  it won't even start the update. it has no clue the file is even on there.
2016-3-17
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Khyber Posted at 2016-3-17 15:01
i tried with sd card.  it won't even start the update. it has no clue the file is even on there.

If your trying to update using your x5 I don't think it will work.
2016-3-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules