12Next >
5986 44 2016-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

I still don't know what I am going to do...more reserach needed. What do all of you think?
Single SelectVote, Total 140 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2016-2-23
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

No coverage if you use 3rd party app.  No coverage if you fly over water.  No coverage if you mod anything.  No coverage for flyaway.  Same price no matter what craft you own.  No coverage if you ???  Where is the list of actual facts?
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-24 05:18
No coverage if you use 3rd party app.  No coverage if you fly over water.  No coverage if you mod an ...

It really is a great plan, it's going to help out a lot of people.
here's the link and there's FAQ's
http://www.dji.com/support/djicare
2016-2-23
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-23 13:30
It really is a great plan, it's going to help out a lot of people.
here's the link and there's FAQ ...

hey Ken,
If you have an accident with a 3rd party app, ie battery error, crash, et. is warranty covered?
2016-2-23
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

The shell cracks caused by motors is also not covered.
2016-2-23
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

Never knew this existed, will look into it. Is this International or USA only?
Edit: Not avlaible in my country, and only avliable on new drones......    Seems pretty C$%p to me...most extended warrenties/cover plans allow you to add it to any product still in it's normal warrenty period.
2016-2-23
Use props
Jkeller84
lvl.4
Flight distance : 396955 ft
  • >>>
United States

Riley-NZL Posted at 2016-2-23 18:34
Never knew this existed, will look into it. Is this International or USA only?
Edit: Not avlaible in ...

It is available to existing devices as well. You have to send a comprehensive video showing all of the features working. Limited time though
2016-2-23
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Shell crack coverage is what I need since I don't crash.
2016-2-23
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

I pay less than that for my car insurance per year and it doesn't cover the battery, props and other things, if it falls out of the sky due to equipment failure, it should cover everything. I don't think I'll be buying into this deal.
2016-2-23
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

thumb Posted at 2016-2-24 09:04
I pay less than that for my car insurance per year and it doesn't cover the battery, props and other ...

Who's your car insurance company?? LOL!
2016-2-23
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

These things are obsolete in a year or so.
You have better insurance if you purchased 2 units and sold the unwanted left overs. Majority of times, its the camera gimbal that gives way.
2016-2-23
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Taken from the Faq:

What conditions are not covered by DJI Care?

Damages due to the following reasons are not covered by DJI Care:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft and accessories.
2) Stolen or abandoned aircraft and accessories.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable flight conditions.
4) Any repair fees resulting from or following water damage.
5) Repair fees for battery, propellers, remote controller or other accessories.
6) Deliberate losses.
7) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.
8) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
9) Repair requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
10) Indirect loss and/or anticipated profit in any form.
11) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
12) Personal injury and/or property loss to the customer or any other people caused by the aircraft.
13) Any legal fees related to DJI Care’s warranty coverage.

Question;  What constitutes Force Majeure??

2016-2-23
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-23 20:34
Taken from the Faq:

I'm thinking things like mud slides... tornado....fire...earthquakes...etc.

Butch
2016-2-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-24 13:34
Taken from the Faq:

Wow, in other words it excludes just about everything that could happen to your Phantom?

I'm thinking: waste of money.
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-24 11:24
Wow, in other words it excludes just about everything that could happen to your Phantom?

I'm thin ...

Why a waste of money? You know how many repairs DJI does because people crash their aircraft for various reasons, mis judging proximity of something and crashing into it by accident thinking they were not that close to it is probably the biggest.
Now that is covered under DJI care, what's not to like about that.
2016-2-23
Use props
Slow Down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163599 ft
Hong Kong

thumb Posted at 2016-2-24 09:04
I pay less than that for my car insurance per year and it doesn't cover the battery, props and other ...

But if it crash due to operator error, DJI will cover everything
2016-2-23
Use props
Angeleka
lvl.2

Hong Kong

edbighi@gmail.c Posted at 2016-2-24 08:48
Shell crack coverage is what I need since I don't crash.

7) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the aircraft.

I've checked the items and talked to the DJI Support, if the shell cracks effect the performance, they will cover the shell cracks, the shell damage here means the scratch on the shell that doesn't effect the performance
2016-2-23
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

After thinking awhile on this I came up with something that concerns me more than anything else even the exemptions and that's the not being able to carry the care after the first year. I asked myself why  wouldn't they let you continue the coverage especially if you are paying for it and my conclusion was that DJI knows there equipment better than anyone and figured after one year, the drone will probably have some kind of malfunction and crash. Even if you kept your drone in perfect condition, maintained it as you should, most likely somethings going to happen either mechanically or software wise. So if this is the case, it would not be profitable for DJI to carry insurance after one year.

So now my fear is when is my P3A going to crash because of a malfunction and not something I did?  Not saying I will never crash from my mistake, things happen but I can proudly say I still have my trainer RC airplane that I built and learned on back in 1981 and it's got over 3000 flights on it!
2016-2-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-24 15:59
Why a waste of money? You know how many repairs DJI does because people crash their aircraft for v ...

Well, being as  am in Australia, and not able to be covered, that would be one thing. The other is the huge number of policy exclusions. It would be easier to list what IS covered that what is not.
2016-2-24
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you do what you are suppose to do, ie. read the manual, perform a complete pre-flight check, fly responsible the, the Phantom 3 is a fine product, and I would recommend it to others who are interested in a flying camera. Now what I read about DJI support, I would be afraid to pre-pay for anything they might offer. The DJI techs will push the DJI Care package, that is their job, they are also the ones who have to constantly become our pushers to get DJI support to do their job!  
2016-2-24
Use props
rreindl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6491926 ft
United States

thumb Posted at 2016-2-24 01:04
After thinking awhile on this I came up with something that concerns me more than anything else even ...

I also thought this was strange and trying to figure out why this would be the case.
2016-2-24
Use props
Slow Down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 163599 ft
Hong Kong

danieldust Posted at 2016-2-24 07:22

Why not? I read FAQ and it will be covered by DJI care.
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

danieldust Posted at 2016-2-24 07:22

The motor stress cracks are covered under the normal warranty.
2016-2-24
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

thumb Posted at 2016-2-24 02:04
After thinking awhile on this I came up with something that concerns me more than anything else even ...

I have several DJI products NAZA and WooKong-M along with original DJI motors and ESCs as well as S800 F450 and F550. Some of them 5 years old, none younger than 3. And they still all run perfectly.

So as long as you don't crash I would say the DJI products are very long lasting and rugged.

Personally I see the P3P as so cheap it is disposable. Some of my other MRs are $10K systems. And in many instances the P3P is my choice for a job.

And I am opting not to buy the coverage because in thousands of flights I have only had 2 incidents both easily fixed, once a warranty replacement of a malfunctioning NAZA and once I made a stupid misstake switching to manual mode only 6' up. If you know WOOKONG controllers you will know what happened to my S800 when I did this. Hint I only need to replace one arm and a small repair to the Zenmuse.

IMHO DJI is the best in this business.
2016-2-24
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Well it MIGHT be useful if it was AVAILABLE in the UK... Why on earth come up with a care cover and EXCLUDE virtually every country??? Good work DJI ;)
Out of interest, how much is the cover?
2016-2-24
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-2-23 18:24

I'm thin ...

Look at the Applecare exclusion list.  It's rather similar once you factor in that Apple will definitely  not pay for 'crashes' and DJIcare will.

Like Applecare, DJIcare is not renewable.

Like Applecare, DJIcare is pretty expensive (I typically don't buy it).

Seems like a takeoff on a very successful program.  People like insurance policies even if, rationally, they don't offer great economic benefits.
2016-2-24
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

P3_Nutz Posted at 2016-2-24 08:45
Well it MIGHT be useful if it was AVAILABLE in the UK... Why on earth come up with a care cover and  ...

This is an insurance product.  As such it must adhere to rules and regulations in each country that the product is valid for.  That is a complicated task and DJI might feel that they need to just start in the US and expand if successful.

Lots of companies have restrictions on warranties that vary from country to country.
2016-2-24
Use props
ncisko
lvl.1

im new to drones and bought the phantom 4 yesterday. Plan on traveling with it. Should i get the dji care or do people normally pass on the dji care? Cant decide if i want to spend another 300$
2016-3-22
Use props
Sajid Shah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 627539 ft
Portugal

Well in my personal opinion Reading DJI care Faq and rules ... if i have to buy DJI care i wont .. cause other insurance Covers More damages lost then  DJI care .. its just a waste of money on DJI care.. some one have problem can read Again DJI care Faq
2016-3-22
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

My P3P is insured through State Farm Insurance. No deductible and EVERYTHING is covered! Crashes, water landings, brakes, batteries, props, RC. Prop guards, case...etc. For me it is $60 per year.
2016-4-6
Use props
evsjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1995479 ft
United States

State Farm now covers drones in Virginia for less than 65 dollars a year.
2016-5-1
Use props
WillBapta
lvl.2

The peace of mind is certainly worth it. When you're driving or have your car parked on the road you never know what can happen. For that reason alone I like having insurance so I can enjoy my investment
2016-5-5
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-24 12:59
Why a waste of money? You know how many repairs DJI does because people crash their aircraft for v ...

Unless of course if it crashes in water
Or you don't find it the first day and it rains that night
Shall we keep going?
2016-8-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

roger.crawford Posted at 2016-8-26 19:32
Unless of course if it crashes in water
Or you don't find it the first day and it rains that night ...

Yes keep going, it doesn't cover water damage.
You can see how valuable it really is.

http://www.dji.com/support/djicare
2016-8-26
Use props
Just flew my phantom 4 into a tree at 48 mph.  Thank  the Lord I bought DJI Care.
2016-8-26
Use props
Adam Flurk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

I got StateFarm for $75/Year and it covers $1,800 worth of equipment. Covers loss, stolen, crash. I'm happy.
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ktwci@bellsouth Posted at 2016-8-27 03:49
Just flew my phantom 4 into a tree at 48 mph.  Thank  the Lord I bought DJI Care.

That's what it's there for. Glad you had DJI Care.
2016-9-6
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-9-6 17:15
I got StateFarm for $75/Year and it covers $1,800 worth of equipment. Covers loss, stolen, crash. I' ...

I promise you that once State Farm has a year or two of experience under their belt, the prices will triple or more.
They have to.
People crash often - even more when they feel covered.
2016-9-6
Use props
Harley's proxy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3025 ft
United States

I've used it. Very happy. Great piece of mind.
2016-12-8
Use props
Brocktree
lvl.1
United States

I wish DJI had more options available to their care package.... I still have yet to fly my Phantom 4, and I would like some peace of mind but don't want to commit to a 1 year warrantee. I feel like once I'm actually familiar with flying it after a few months I won't need the coverage.
2016-12-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules