Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

My personal opinion is it's worth it.
Yes it seems a bit expensive, until you write off your P4P , it gives new flyers a certain peace of mind and may help the through initial period of learning to fly.

6 months ago I had what was then my almost new P4 accidentally pulled down of kitchen counter by my grandson, who would have thought this would have happened.

If something happens whether by accident or pilot error to your new drone , if you have cover takes some of the pain away, if you don't it's like having to pay twice.

I read all the time here dji customers freaking out because they had to pay $500 for there repair to new drone.

So yes get it,  if your a new flyer don't be without it..
2017-1-25
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

There was a post during Christmas that dji care DOES cover water damage now.. is that not the case?
Also, what if it crashed into a tree and THEN fell into water.. Or lost power or a prop, and happened to be over water? Water damage is a consequence of the crash, not the cause of the crash?
Another question, how are the "funds" calculated? It says that the aircraft can be replaced if damages beyond repair, but what if it already had a repair before, and the funds are not full? Does some difference have to be charged in order to replace?
I will re-read the FAQ, as some things are quite tempting in it, but I also see some gaps, or perceived gaps in the coverage.
I can still get it after my warranty expires in April, right? Just need to do the validation video?

(looks like I am looking at this one, DJI Care for P3 Advanced, $199 now. Right?)
Sorry for multiple questions in one post...

2017-1-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-25 15:18
There was a post during Christmas that dji care DOES cover water damage now.. is that not the case?
Also, what if it crashed into a tree and THEN fell into water.. Or lost power or a prop, and happened to be over water? Water damage is a consequence of the crash, not the cause of the crash?
Another question, how are the "funds" calculated? It says that the aircraft can be replaced if damages beyond repair, but what if it already had a repair before, and the funds are not full? Does some difference have to be charged in order to replace?

Yes water damage is covered, you can drop in into the bath ,the lake the river the ocean , so long as you find it and have something to send back, if you have it repaired and don't use your care plan, then you still have two more strikes,
Good luck..
2017-1-25
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

What worries me is the not covered bit which say flying in unsuitable flight conditions, when ever I fly I get that warning about the high winds even though there is minimal wind, if something was to happen will DJI just say your not covered because of the warning?????
2017-4-9
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I have State Farm as well and for $60 I dont have to worry about anything for a year. If I crash its covered. If I do something stupid, its covered. If some jack leg steals it, im covered. If im flying out over water and a prop fails and it takes a dive and I cant find it, its covered. If anything happens, im covered. No flight logs, no "sorry if you cant find it we cant help you", no mailing it in for repair and waiting a month if you can recover it. If its lost for any reason I call my agent and he mails me a check for $1800. I dont know how sustainable that is but at least I know im good for a year. I dont plan on filing a claim so if nothing happens I can renew next year or cover an upgraded craft. This is also the only policy I have with State Farm so you dont already have to have a policy with them. This is a stand alone policy. Im sorry DJI but you just cant compete with SF in this realm and why would you want to? Your not an insurance company.
2017-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules