12Next >
42750 74 2016-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ranen
DJI team
Flight distance : 191562 ft
Hong Kong

Hi everyone! In this post, I will show you how to judge whether or not a firmware upgrade was successful or is being applied successfully. The instructions here apply to the P3 and Inspire series.

Method 1: Listen to the Sounds Coming from the Aircraft. (Reliability: ★★★)

D = One Beep

Upgrading: ‘DDDD-DDDD-DDDD…’

Upgrade succeeded: ‘D-DD, D-DD, D-DD…’

Upgrade failed: ‘DDD-DDD-DDD…’

Method 2: Watch the Gimbal Indicator. (Reliability: ★★★★)

Gimbal Indicator.png

If the indicator flashes quickly (0.2s off, 0.1s on), the aircraft is warming up.

If the indicator flashes green once every 0.9 seconds (0.5s off, 0.4s on), it’s taking a single picture.

If the indicator flashes green three times quickly (0.3s off, 0.1s on), it’s taking a 3 or 5 photo multi-shot.

If the indicator flashes red slowly, (1.6s on, 0.8s off), it’s recording video.

If the indicator flashes red quickly (0.5s off, 0.2s on), there’s an SD card error.

If the indicator double blinks red (0.1s on, o.1s off, 0.1s on, 0.1s off), the camera is overheated.

If indicator is solid red, there’s a system error.

If the indicator flashes red and green alternatively (0.8s green on, 0.8s red on…), the firmware is upgrading.

Method 3: Check the Text File on the SD Card. (Reliability: ★★★★★)

After upgrading the aircraft, a text file titled ‘result.txt’ file will be generated on the SD card. Open the text file and you can see five possible “results."

Files.png

1.      Successful   

2.      Aborted      

3.      Corrupted     

4.      Failed     

5.      Upgrading      

If it the result line says “Upgrading,” the process was interrupted. The aircraft needs at least 30 minutes to finish upgrading.

In cases 1 and 2, the upgrade was applied successfully. In case two, there should be another sentence notifying you that the firmware of your aircraft is already the latest version, and it is unnecessary to upgrade.

In Case 3, the upgrade file is damaged or there is a problem with your SD card. It is recommended to format the SD card or replace it with another one, re-download the upgrade file, and try to upgrade again.

In Case 4, there may have been some the extra files on the SD card other than the upgrade file. If the problem remains with only the one bin file on the SD card, please contact with the DJI customer service.

In Case 5, it is because the upgrading process was interrupted accidently. Please try to upgrade the firmware again.

If there is no result file on the SD card, you may have one of the following issues.

1.  The format or the name of the file was incorrect. The format has to be .bin, and do not change the name of the file or else the aircraft won’t be able to recognize it.

2. The file was stored in wrong location. Place the file in the root directory of the SD card.

3. Wrong upgrade file was on the card. For example, you may have downloaded firmware for the Phantom 3 Advanced when trying to upgrade your Professional.

4. You upgraded straight to the latest firmware without first upgrading to a previous one. For an example: the original firmware version is 1.18 and the newest version is 1.6. To upgrade from 1.18, you need to upgrade the firmware to first 1.3.20 before upgrading to 1.6.

5. The SD card is damaged and the aircraft is unable to recognize it. Please try to replace it with another card.

6. The gimbal has failed to read the card. If upgrading fails repeatedly, contact customer service to repair your gimbal.

Hope this helps you with upgrading!

2016-2-23
Use props
Chicago Air Dro
lvl.2

United States

Very Complete...Nice
Thank you
2016-2-24
Use props
simon.modera
lvl.1
Canada

Chicago Air Dro Posted at 2016-2-24 04:32
Very Complete...Nice
Thank you

sorry - not for you - removed

2016-2-24
Use props
simon.modera
lvl.1
Canada

Thank you. Will favorite this page.  However I have 2 questions.

1. Brand new Phantom 3 Pro delivered a few days ago. Got a screen message that Firmware updates necessary but at another time no mention of the upgrade.  How do I know which version I had delivered vs what is the latest?

2. The tutorial video on how to is a bit obscure (one glaring example is the need to take out the microSD card - needing a USB adapter to plug into PC [not tablet]) and my read of the pdf left me none the wiser on how to upgrade the UAV, Gimbal and RC- is there a detail step by step guide?   A bit of confusion also on the process for updating the RC. Hoping there is a comprehensive guide somewhere.  
2016-2-24
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

Thanks for that. It seems to me though that the most reliable method (by your rating) is also a catch 22:

• Method 3: Check the Text File on the SD Card.

Sure ... if the upgrade is complete! You have to rely on other methods to decide if pulling the SD card out of the craft is safe. If not, you just aborted the update prematurely, possibly leaving the craft in an unflyable state.

To me, method #1 (beeps) has been totally unreliable. It's good to know that DJI realizes that this is not the most reliable, by your given score of the method.

My favorite method, the one I find most reliable, is method #2: Watch the Gimbal Indicator.

For those that are really concerned, you can also add another method for good measure: time. Let at least 30 minutes pass.

2016-2-24
Use props
iPilot
lvl.1

United Kingdom

simon.modera@sh Posted at 2016-2-24 19:00
Thank you. Will favorite this page.  However I have 2 questions.

1. Brand new Phantom 3 Pro deliver ...

Been through that myself with my new P3Pro yesterday

(1) Connect your phone or tablet (which will need to be wifi enabled and linked to your wifi router at the time) to the controller via the usb port on the controller. Select update controller and it will download the firmware via wifi and update the controller.

(2) Download the firmware and write the .bin file to your phantoms SD card. Put the card in the phantom and power it up. This will update the phantom and the battery at the same time.

(3) Swap any other batteries you have into the Phantom and it will update them also.

Job done.
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Great post Ranen!

Dave
2016-2-24
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Just checking.  I though it was four beeps that indicated updating.  According to your chart, you show three beeps for updating and three beeps for failure.  I'm confused.
2016-2-25
Use props
flashoser
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the DJI Go App update everything automatically? i updated about a month or more ago and i started it up today to see if i needed an upgrade, anything about upgrade came up, does that mean i have the latest firmware?, it did last time, came up in the app and i did it...Today I exited a message to update and nothing came up about updating...

so how do you know what version or if you have the current version of firmware on everything?
2016-2-25
Use props
simon.modera
lvl.1
Canada

iPilot Posted at 2016-2-24 11:58
Been through that myself with my new P3Pro yesterday

(1) Connect your phone or tablet (which will ...

Thanks 'iPilot'.  Appreciate the response and I will study again tomorrow.  Do you have an iPad adapter to attach the SD Card to the iPad?
2016-2-26
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

In method 1, upgrading and failed have the same sequence of tones. I use method 3 which is a more positive means of verification.
2016-2-26
Use props
annkrapf
New

Germany

flashoser Posted at 2016-2-25 22:24
Does the DJI Go App update everything automatically? i updated about a month or more ago and i start ...

same i figured on my new phanthom 3 adv. , everything updated over WiFi automaticly, in the djl go App under advanced settings under About : you can see which Firm version  you have on it.
2016-2-26
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Canada

rodger Posted at 2016-2-26 05:47
In method 1, upgrading and failed have the same sequence of tones. I use method 3 which is a more po ...

Not according to this DJI video.

http://youtu.be/EgUo4No3npA
2016-2-27
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alastair Posted at 2016-2-28 00:47
Not according to this DJI video.

http://youtu.be/EgUo4No3npA

I am referring to what is written in the original post at the very top.
2016-2-28
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Canada

rodger Posted at 2016-2-28 08:46
I am referring to what is written in the original post at the very top.

Yes, so was I.  If you look at method 1 it says, updating, DDD-DDD--DDD.  In the DJI video and when I update my bird it goes, DDDD-DDDD-DDDD.  They actually don't have the same series of tones.  When I hear D-DD I pull the card and check the txt. file.  This has worked for me every time so far.
2016-2-28
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Alastair Posted at 2016-2-28 10:23
Yes, so was I.  If you look at method 1 it says, updating, DDD-DDD--DDD.  In the DJI video and whe ...

I am not sure as to what you mean. I am stating that as written it is a series of three D's for both updating and failed in the post. This is not a big deal. Do whatever works for you.
2016-2-29
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Canada

rodger Posted at 2016-2-29 07:06
I am not sure as to what you mean. I am stating that as written it is a series of three D's for bo ...

I'm just pointing out that you have someone from DJI posting some information, that contradicts their own video.  Doesn't your Inspire go DDDD-DDDD-DDDD when it's updating?  Maybe I've misinterpreted your statements and we're really pointing out the same thing.
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alastair Posted at 2016-2-28 23:23
Yes, so was I.  If you look at method 1 it says, updating, DDD-DDD--DDD.  In the DJI video and whe ...

Yes, during the update process the beeps are 4 beeps DDDD, DDDD.
I corrected the first post.
2016-2-29
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-29 10:15
Yes, during the update process the beeps are 4 beeps DDDD, DDDD.
I corrected the first post.

Thank you Ken.  Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page.
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Alastair Posted at 2016-3-1 09:08
Thank you Ken.  Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page.

Yup, same page
4 beeps for updating and 3 for successful update.
2016-2-29
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-29 21:24
Yup, same page
4 beeps for updating and 3 for successful update.

OK, the end of this thread
2016-3-1
Use props
SkyDesign
lvl.1

Croatia

one question: talking about dot on camera, green/red, mi is green always on. All works fine but it is always on and green colour. Is this normal???
2016-3-1
Use props
russellhays
lvl.1

United States

My update was going fine and then the status light went solid red accompanied by one continuous beep. Now it won't do anything but flash red.
2016-3-3
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13104 ft
South Africa

I just updated from P3X_FW_V01.05.0030 to P3X_FW_V01.06.0040 and now the RC will not Link with the Phantom 3 Professional.I have already followed the tutorial Linking the Remote Controller and the Aircraft and its still not pairing up.any advise on this upgrade.

I also noticed my firmware for RC will not upgrade via USB it will only perform the upgrade via the app.It would be nice if DJI payed attention to their software as i find it very unreliable after looking online at the amount of users have this issue.

Extremely disappointing !

Please help me resolve.
Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 3.54.37 PM.png
2016-3-4
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

***   Make Sure the Transmitter (RC)  Has the latest firmware, If not make sure it is updated.  Do this First.   The go app will tell you if it Needs updating,Make sure ! Then move on to the next steps .....
Make sure Aircraft is Firmware 1.6...  the RC firmware  ( transmitter) is 1.5.... and Go app 2.6......
To check your firmware : Power up EVERYTHING  and go to the general settings page, then About , scroll to the bottom and see what firmware the aircraft,  RC and Go app  on.

Are you sure you followed the steps  Re-linking the RC.  ? Did you Push The Button FIRMLY on the aircraft ?  Did You wait for the Green Light ?  If not  make sure.  You could try re-setting the RC as well.  This is how it is done.
  Keep C1+C2+Video recording button pressed and turn off the RC . Keep the three buttons pressed and turn on .   May have to dowload Firmware again after this< I am not 100% posotive.  If so it's simple.

Also please list the current Firmware Installed Successfuly on the Go App about page for the Aircraft RC and Go app after you Re-set. ( May need to Update)

Was everything working ok prior to update.?  Also the RC is updated through the SD card  , using USB port .  ( Only Advanced an Pro)   You also know the Firmware numbers will not match on each of the devices ?  Keep in Mind that you will have more success by posting a NEW Thread , You will get more Eyes and brains on it..   Let's try to fix your problem though.

Also Your Transmitter was NOT on while you were updating the Firmware on the aircraft correct?
Did you Update the aircraft First ?

Good Luck - donnie

2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pm07 Posted at 2016-3-4 21:54
I just updated from P3X_FW_V01.05.0030 to P3X_FW_V01.06.0040 and now the RC will not Link with the P ...

I don't understand when you say "if DJI payed attention to their software" when you noticed the RC update was updated via the app. If you would also read the update guide located right below where you downloaded the firmware it would have told you this, As well as the tutorial videos in the app.
http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... _Notes_en_12.24.pdf
All that aside, here are the instructions to relink the RC to the aircraft in a diagram.If you still cannot get it to link, please contact the support center.
http://www.dji.com/support

Manual linking Pro-Adv.jpg
2016-3-4
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
South Africa

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-4 17:51
***   Make Sure the Transmitter (RC)  Has the latest firmware, If not make sure it is updated.  Do t ...

Thanks Donnie,

I did re link the RC correctly,watched the tutorial videos 3 times on the DJI website to make sure i was followed the steps correctly.

I also deleted and re-downloaded the app on my OS device.
Will definitely give the RC a hard reset and see what happens.
Any idea how to give the P3P a hard reset as well?

2016-3-4
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

YOU MUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE TRANSMITTER UPDATED,  IF YOU HAVE NOT DONE THIS OR ARE HAVING TROUBLE, THIS WILL NOT SOLVE THE ISSUE.  If you upgraded the aircraft , you must upgrade the transmitter as well.    The aircraft should be at 1.6.... and the RC should be 1.5....   Please make sure.  If you need help updating the transmitter let me know.  

Hard reset of transmitter :  WITH THE TRANSMITTER OFF BEGIN : Press all four of these down at once  C1, C2 (BACK OF TRANSMITTER ), Recording red Button on left top  and the Scroll wheel (Push down) that adjusts ISO ( Top Right)  meanwhile, spare another finger to TURN ON TRANSMITTER  remote controller on (don’t let the other four fingers go), Give it a few moments then let go.
C1,C2, red record button, Iso scroll wheel    = PUSH THESE DOWN AND HOLD  THEN TURN ON TRANSMITTER,  GET HELP IF NECESSARY.

I have personally never done this, I just know  how it is done.  Do it as a last resort.  Also you are going to have to update the controller  after doing this.  Take your time and Go slow.    This is the only reset I know of.  There is no way to RESET everything back to the factory settings.  

I would make sure you did the manual  Re- link as in DJI Ken's instructions first !  Try one more time....
Then do the Hard reset of the Transmitter IF THE RE-LINK IS NOT SUCCESFUL

Please keep me posted if this works.

2016-3-4
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-4 23:32
I don't understand when you say "if DJI payed attention to their software" when you noticed the RC  ...

@DJI KEN
I also noticed my firmware for RC will not upgrade via USB it will only perform the upgrade via the app.
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pm07 Posted at 2016-3-5 07:15
@DJI KEN
I also noticed my firmware for RC will not upgrade via USB it will only perform the upgra ...

That is correct as the PDF states, if the RC firmware is below 1.3, then you need the USD adapter and update to 1.3. After that the RC will update to 1.5.7 via the DJI GO app.
2016-3-4
Use props
bwilliams
New

I have a P3 Advanced.
Did the upgrade to 1.6 in craft, but cannot get to controller to take it, tryed, new download & memory stick, still nothing, should I fly with the craft with the 1.6 and the controller with 1.5?
or go back to to 1.5in craft?
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

bwilliams@wyomi Posted at 2016-3-4 16:01
I have a P3 Advanced.
Did the upgrade to 1.6 in craft, but cannot get to controller to take it, tr ...

1.5 is the latest for the RC. You are good with 1.6 on the aircraft and 1.5 on the RC.

Dave
2016-3-4
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-3-5 03:37
1.5 is the latest for the RC. You are good with 1.6 on the aircraft and 1.5 on the RC.

Thanks DJI Dave,but ofocurse P3X_FW_V01.06.0040 contains the 1.5 upgrade for the rc, correct?
I tried updating via the iOS app and it keeps re-dowloading the software.

i get a RC FPGA ERROR
2016-3-4
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-5 01:26
That is correct as the PDF states, if the RC firmware is below 1.3, then you need the USD adapter  ...

Ok Finally,some sort of positive news,
RC has upgraded successfully with no hassle
P3P is upgraded successfully

The RC doesn't has a green light after following Donnies factory reset,the RC light turned a solid cyan blue,i rebooted the RC,light was green.The DJI GO App doesn't request another update.
But the RC Signal is still lost.Please keep in mind only after my update yesterday to 1.5 & 1.6 i lost signal and still cannot regain it after following DJI Ken's Manual Linking method.
2016-3-4
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

pm07 Posted at 2016-3-5 01:36
P3P is upgraded ...

Ok  everything is up to date.  Just do the Re-Link from dji ken  and you should be in business.  MAKE SURE YOU WAIT FOR GREEN LIGHT - YOU MUST DO EVERYTHING IN PERFECT ORDER EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED OR WILL NOT WORK.

-donnie
2016-3-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pm07 Posted at 2016-3-5 15:36
P3P is upgraded ...

OK so you are saying the RC light is not green ? And also does the aircraft continue to fast flash yellow?
Let's try it again, on the RC push C1 and C2, then the video record and wait until you hear the RC beeping. Then after it starts beeping, push the right dial down. And on the aircraft push the link button with a paperclip or whatever will fit, and push until you feel it press in.
You can do that in either sequence, RC first or aircraft first it doesn't matter.
If you do it correctly and it still does not update then lets see what's wrong.
format the SD and put the 1.6 bin file back on it and when it's done, put the SD card into the computer and post what the hidden log says.
2016-3-5
Use props
DSM Ajans
New

Turkey

NO SIGNAL PROBLEM HELP... - SİNYAL YOK SORUNU YARDIM...

Merhaba, ben Türkiye/Bursa/İnegöl'den (Turkey/Bursa-Turkish) yazıyorum. 2 gün önce Phantom 3 Standard satın aldım, şarjlarını yaptım, DJI GO uygulamasını telefona kurdum ve daha ilk çalıştırmayı dahi yapamadan yeni güncellemeyi yapmam gerektiği bildirisi verdi. Araştırdım ve güncellemeyi sağlıklı bir şekilde gerçekleştirdim. Buraya kadar her şey sorunsuzdu.
Güncellemeden sonra ''NO SIGNAL'' bildirisi DJI GO da belirdi. 2 gündür araştırıyorum tüm ülkelerde kullanıcılar aynı şikayette forumlara yardım edin yazıları bırakmış. ABD de değişimler yapılıyormuş Çin'e gönderelim diyenler var. Kötü tarafı DJI uyuyor... İnsanlara çözüm sunan yok. Çin ürünleri hep bir sorun yaşatır!.. Para verdim aldım sorun ile uğraşıyorum. Dert satın aldım lanet olsun. Bu işi nasıl çözeceğiz bana acil çözüm dönüşü yaparsanız sevinirim. Çözümü yoksa iade edelim DJI görmezden geliyor. Hatasının çözümü için hiç bir cümle dahi kurmuyor!  Yardım edin.........
2016-3-5
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
South Africa

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-6 00:27
OK so you are saying the RC light is not green ? And also does the aircraft continue to fast flash ...

When i turn on the RC the light it RED
When i turn on the P3P the light turns GREEN

I get Video Feed

After IMU is warmed up

RC SIGNAL LOST

Aircraft flashes fast YELLOW and solid RED

I follow your method several times of linking the RC

but no improvement after that.
I think the main issue is the RC and not the aircraft.

If there is anyway to give it a Hard Reset and load the software i woud be really greatful.

I have been reading up and see some guys using gs_ofdm.bin and it works.

Any thought on how it would help me with the RC ?

Looking forward to your Help and responses.

2016-3-6
Use props
pm07
lvl.2
South Africa

Hey Guys I just noticed that my software shows 1.5.70+ is that correct?
IMG_0001.jpg
2016-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

pm07 Posted at 2016-3-6 19:38
When i turn on the RC the light it RED
When i turn on the P3P the light turns GREEN

Hard Reset instructions is close to the same as rebinding.
With the RC OFF, hold down C1, C2, video record, and the camera settings dial. With those 4 buttons pressed down, power up the RC and that should set it back to factory settings.
Then start up the app and if your RC is a later model it will notify to update through the app. If your RC is older and it will not update through the app, then download firmware 1.3 and put the BIN file onto a SD card and put that in the USB port on the RC. Instructions are in the PDF file on the 1.3 download file.
You should then be able to update the RC through the app to 1.5.7

2016-3-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules