Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trust in DJI Batteries
1377 11 2016-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thomas.straubin
lvl.1

Austria

Hi Forum,

Since two months i own an Inspire 1 Pro with TB47 and three additional  TB48 batteries. I have read many things about the TB4* batteries and  after all that i have to say, that i'm not feeling good in flying my  inspire as i have read some stories of battery shutdown during flight.  I'm also expiriencing issues with all of my batteries where i don't know  if they are normal or not: In EVERY flight with EVERY battery at,  around 50% remaining power the pilot app tells me that output propulsion  as been limited to ensure battery safety. This makes me kind of  nervous.
Also the voltages drops regulary to warning and critical state during  flight. Normally the voltage reaches warning state after about 60-70%  remaining power and critical beyond 30%.

I have to say i am really a bit afraid to lose my inspire someday during  a battery failure or more worse, that someone gets hurt. So i really  appreciate if you guys can tell me if all of the described behaviour is  normal or not - can i trust the DJI batteries?

PS: You may have noticed that english is not my native language, so sorry for some maybe weird sentences. ;-)
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

This is applicable only to the old firmwares and low temperature conditions. you don't have to worry about the voltage drops if you warm up your batteries, and be a little soft and slow on the sticks in first couple of minutes of flight. It's not only about DJI batteries, it's is the same on any other lipo battery
2016-2-24
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

I have to say, I have 10 DJI batteries, 4x 47's and 6x 48's ................. None have given any trouble at all..........The last firmware update has been done on all of them, so my fingers are crossed I don't have any issues.
We use literally dozens and dozens of LiPo's and various others in our portable gear, and as Tim said......they are all the same, and as long as you follow the rules, I wouldn't expect any issues...certainly no more than normal........understanding though there is a certain failure rate in everything
2016-2-24
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Thomas,

They have their own quirks, but you are quite safe if you follow some common sense procedures.

Charge and use them within 24-48 hours.
Store them at around 50% charge if you don't plan to fly for a while.
Land with around 30% of charge remaining. (they will drop suddenly from mid-20's down to single figures if they haven't been cycled/calibrated)
Don't fly a battery that has gone into self-discharge mode. Charge it up to 100% first.

I've not had an issue with any of my three batteries in a year now.
But I won't trust them under 30% charge.
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Harb Posted at 2016-2-24 19:57
I have to say, I have 10 DJI batteries, 4x 47's and 6x 48's ................. None have given any tr ...

Thank you Harb!  With 10 batteries and few chargers  you probably can fly 24 hours non-stop
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-24 20:40
Thomas,

They have their own quirks, but you are quite safe if you follow some common sense procedur ...

Absolutely correct, Frank! One more thing to add. Since you already flied to 30% battery got warm, at this time discharging ability is better then when the battery is cold so it has even less chances to drop the voltage. I trust it at 30% and my usual landing is around 20% because i don't want to push it too much.
2016-2-24
Use props
Farnk666
First Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-25 10:35
Absolutely correct, Frank! One more thing to add. Since you already flied to 30% battery got warm, ...

Fair enough.

I have had multiple instances of capacity drop from low to mid 20%'s right down to 5-6% over the course of a few seconds. Definitely too short a time to navigate back to a safe position!

Over 30% has been solid, so that is my benchmark - YMMV.
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-2-25 11:54
Fair enough.

I have had multiple instances of capacity drop from low to mid 20%'s right down to 5 ...

Personally had no problems from 20-30
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

I also go to 20 to 30% but usually 30%.

Dave
2016-2-24
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

I always land with my batteries @ 20%   ... with well over a 1000 charges on them now i never had a problem...

just out of curiosity the most charges i have on a battery is 152... has anybody got more ?  i would like to know how much longer they will last... at this point i have lost around 30% mAH and FT....
2016-2-24
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have two TB 47 and four TB 48 - all of them have alway been on the latest FW.
Newer had a single issue with them - and a couple of them have over 180 charges.
2016-2-25
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have 2 tb47 batteries and 4 tb 48's and I haven't hade any issues but like others have said never fly without charging to 100% and land at 30% and if it's extremely cold out go easy on the throttle, warm the batteries and don't push it to hard. Lithium polymer batteries don't like cold weather.
2016-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules