Best range extenders for P3Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jnf2869
lvl.1

United States

I am looking to get a range extender for my P3Pro to boost both flight distance and video signal strength. Suggestions?

2016-2-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Search "range extender" or "boost" or "booster" or "antenna" Etc. Lots of suggestions
2016-2-24
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

Windsurfers have boosted my range by 75%+
http://forum.dji.com/thread-23565-1-1.html

There is also a few videos on how to make them on youtube. One by Tom's Tech time.
2016-2-24
Use props
One
lvl.1

Sweden

danieldust Posted at 2016-2-24 17:52
Windsurfers have boosted my range by 75%+
http://forum.dji.com/thread-23565-1-1.html

Didn't really extend my range tbh.. maybe by 200 meters but that's nothing...
2016-2-24
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

One Posted at 2016-2-24 08:31

YMMW.  My windsurfers gave me a very measurable boost.  Not as good as my FPVLR antennas but much cheaper and easier to install.

There are various 'Windsurfers' out there.  Some of them are not designed correctly.  The DIY versions have the correct dimensions - at least they have been shown to work.

Next step is the commercial antennas such as FPVLR and DBS.  They work as well.  The other major factor is your RF environment.  If you are trying to punch through concrete buildings, you're going to need some serious active amps (still won't work well).  If you are just trying to increase free space range, it's pretty easy.  Remember, trees, although they don't contain metal or concrete (at least the trees where I live don't) have lots of water and 2.4 GHz signals are attenuated by water.
2016-2-24
Use props
jnf2869
lvl.1

United States

Yes, for the most part trees are my main concern. I do mostly wildlife photography and the trees are an issue. Taking off in the woods I have to go to max altitude to get the best range of coarse and that makes it difficult to get closer shots of the critters. Even at closer ranges once I start to descend to get a close shot the trees start interfering.I don't mind spending the $ on the FPVLR antenna so anyone have experience with them as for the best one to get? I did do a search but there isn't much there as for reviews. They also look a little intimidating to install so I would probably send mine out. So anyone that has experience with the antenna upgrade please chime in.
2016-2-24
Use props
danieldust
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40837 ft
United States

One Posted at 2016-2-25 01:31

By the picture it looks like you have a P3S. Windsurfers work ideally with lightbridge.
2016-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules