1332 4 2015-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dipak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238488 ft
Australia

Hi Guys,

I know that it is always recomended that we must have all the firmware updates applied and should keep them uptodate.

However, as i have read on this form that many people have had lots of issues with their dron after the updates, i am feeling a bit reluctant to perfrom the update.

here are the details of my drone firmware versions and the Software version on my Mac that i am using is Version 3.4 (latest version of the software).

What are your thought, should i update? BTW, i do not have any problems until now with my drone, it has been flying fine.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Dipak

Firmware version

Firmware version

Current Firmware version

Current Firmware version
2015-1-6
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

I would update purely on the basis that they have fixed things known about and maybe some not!!!!
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-7
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I updated my nexus to lollipop and bricked it. My car is due a firmware update next week, I have debated not to. It's the same story with my apps and PC.  My policy is if it ain't broke don't fix it. I am sure many people will disagree with me, experience has taught me to be very cautious of new updates.
2015-1-7
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

Don't update anything before you haven't heard about any issues/fly-aways for some time after new releases, unless you will see for yourself.
2015-1-7
Use props
dipak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 238488 ft
Australia

tonyphantom147@ Posted at 2015-1-7 21:40
I updated my nexus to lollipop and bricked it. My car is due a firmware update next week, I have deb ...

Having worked in IT industry for more than a decade, i have always advised my customers to be on N - 1 patch level ('N' being the latest patch) and always believed in Don't touch it if it aint broken.

I appreciate everyone's view and i guess probably will wait for a short while before i go ahead to apply the updates. I came to this decision based upon the release notes for the firmware updates which does not mention that the new firmware updates have fixes for any major known issues, most of the changes are kind of some enhancements / minor new features which i can live without.

Once again thank you all.

Dipak
2015-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules