Phantom 2 base- unkown flashing lights during flights
1128 6 2015-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
videoprovivek
New
United States

Greetings to all! My lovely ship seems to being fly very well... (touch wood)
However I am seeing it flash (slow) green  3 times and then a rapid session of red flashes and then 3 slower green flashes.
I can not find what this means. ? I checked the manual and looked online.
Anyone have any ideas?  Like I said, its flying well, return to home works., no issues than I can see. It is flashing all the time
as I am flying it around.
I will be installing a Zenmuse 3H-3D mount this weekend.

Thanks!

-Vivek

2015-1-6
Use props
Phantom2Flyer
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Are you near an airport? - http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc
2015-1-7
Use props
videoprovivek
New
United States

Phantom2Flyer Posted at 2015-1-8 08:06
Are you near an airport? - http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc

Well Yes I am! But according to the Map I am in the Orange area. Not in the red area. I will drive further out tomorrow with the drone and try out to see if the lights flash red again!
Thanks for the info!!!
2015-1-7
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

The orange area is why you are receiving those lights. See the bottom of page 31 of the Phantom user manual.
2015-1-7
Use props
Phantom2Flyer
lvl.2

United Kingdom

If you watch the video on that page it explains about the orange and red zones. You say you are in the orange zone so yep, thats why you are getting the red flashes. When you go further out you should not see them.
Depending where you are in the orange zone, you will be height restricted. It is a rising altitude limit from edge of red zone to outside edge of orange zone.
2015-1-7
Use props
videoprovivek
New
United States

Thanks for the info! Although one of my motors burned out - smoke and all.. - fortunately I was still eligible for refund from the retailer and have ordered another one. Once that comes in I will go beyond the orange area and report back!
Thanks
2015-1-13
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good info, thanks.
2015-1-13
Use props
Advanced