Sharpness adjustment - Osmo
8352 9 2016-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
George Cathro
New

United Kingdom

I just had a call from my edit today to say that my Osmo footage was overly sharp and trees and grass were aliassing badly.

Is there a way of reducing the sharpness in the camera?

Does using slower shutter speeds make a difference?

Any help appreciated

Best wishes,

George
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi,
Is you DJI GO App the latest version? In the latest version, you can enter the camera setting to set the parameters like sharpness, saturation, contrast and so on.
The longer the shutter speeds, the more aperture the camera captures, the less noise the image will have. We can set the aperture, ISO, EV to adjust the overall brightness of the image. What's more, when shooting a motion image, the shutter speed will control the effect of the footage.
2016-2-25
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

I have no idea what Adela was trying to tell you.  I've seen all of those words used in describing camera settings before, but I've never seen them thrown together in such a random order

I'm assuming your shooting video.  The sharpening on the Osmo actually fights with the natural motion blur that is created by slowing down the shutter speed.  You can try slower shutter speeds, but you first need to reduce the sharpening.  I prefer -2.  I talked to somebody who liked -1 and thought -2 was too much of a compromise.  I actually think -3 is fine but your editor might complain about the footage not being sharp enough.  I tend to shoot in the none color profile since that tends to keep the footage looking sharper due to the increased contrast in the shadows.  Stay away from changing the contrast itself since reducing the contrast just compresses the footage in smaller range of values rather than changing the knee and slope.  

2016-2-25
Use props
George Cathro
New

United Kingdom

Hi

Thank you.

Are you sure these menus Sharpness, Saturation and Contrast are available for the Osmo not just the drone cameras?

Cheers,

George
2016-2-26
Use props
George Cathro
New

United Kingdom

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-2-26 07:53
I have no idea what Adela was trying to tell you.  I've seen all of those words used in describing c ...

Hi Casey

I have the DJI app 2.6.0. Yes I am shooting video. Osmo camera.

I don't see any menus for sharpness, contrast or saturation...

I have the colour space menu which is set to NONE

Where is the sharpness adjustment in the app?

Cheers,

George
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

George Cathro Posted at 2016-2-26 17:15
Hi Casey

I have the DJI app 2.6.0. Yes I am shooting video. Osmo camera.

Hi, George Cathro,
There should be with the latest firmware and DJI GO App version. It's just in the right menu list when you enter the camera view, it's a camera icon, tap it and find the second to the last one (above Gain). What firmware version are you running in your Osmo?
2016-2-26
Use props
George Cathro
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-26 09:22
Hi, George Cathro,
There should be with the latest firmware and DJI GO App version. It's just in t ...

Hi

Thank you all

ND and variable ND filters bought

I found the Sharpness control...

Tests shot and on their way to the edit.

Best wishes,

George
2016-2-26
Use props
keni_diver
New
Germany

Hei George, this is Ken!

I have an OSMO X3 Plus and I cannot find the contrast-sharpness-saturation setting...
Is it for sure, that we can also set it on the OSMO X3 Plus?
Thanks for your help!

KEN
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

keni_diver Posted at 2017-10-3 18:33
Hei George, this is Ken!

I have an OSMO X3 Plus and I cannot find the contrast-sharpness-saturation setting...

Ken, we are sorry for the late response because of Chinese National Day Holiday.
Please find the contract-sharpness-saturation in Camera Settings--Style. style.png
2017-10-10
Use props
djiuser_P3QpozBMpNCb
New

Switzerland

Where is this setting on pocket 2
4-5 23:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules