Faulty OFDM module
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mike
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi

I have recently sent my P3A to DJI and is it kepts losing connection to the RC and coming home.

They have replaced the OFDM unit as the cause.  (they said it was unstable)

Symptoms: inside house it would connect to RC .. outside it would take upto 2mins to connect and then the drone would fly for a few minutes, the link to the RC would fail and then the P3A would come back home.

Sorry to sound dumb .. but what does the ODFM unit do ?  and is this a reasonable solution ?

Thanks
Mike

2016-2-25
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

OFDM stands for Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing

In my terms, this is what Lightbridge uses to communicate between your P3 and the Remote Controller. The OFDM module is the AIR side Lightbridge transmitter/receiver... The RC has similar GROUND side receiver/transmitter. The module is available from the DJI Store

2016-2-25
Use props
mike
lvl.1

United Kingdom

terrylewis Posted at 2016-2-25 12:59
OFDM stands for Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing

In my terms, this is what Lightbridg ...

thanks .. so that would be consistent with the problems I have been getting (ie loss of connection between the P3 and the remote)
2016-2-25
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

mike@perkinsuk. Posted at 2016-2-25 22:19
thanks .. so that would be consistent with the problems I have been getting (ie loss of connection ...

Correct. They replaced the aircraft side -> assuming the RC side tested ok/good...
2016-2-25
Use props
fans93402f11
New

United States

I'm having the same issues as well for my Phantom 3 4k (not pro or advance). I've decided to replace the OFDM module but am having trouble finding that part online. Any help?
2017-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules