Reasonable response time?
742 3 2016-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Outer Marker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft

United States

As a new DJI customer, I must say that I have been less than impressed with the response time to seemingly simple inquiries via E-mail. Unfortunately, I see that this is the rule rather than the exception. Is there one channel of communication that is faster than others? So far I have sent two different email inquiries to DJI. One was submitted via direct email, and the other was submitted via the DJI website inquiry form. It has been six days now, and neither inquiry has been responded to, let alone acknowledged.
My most pressing inquiry was this: I am currently participating in the DJI beta Geo System. I am using the Android beta app and the Phantom 3 Advanced beta firmware 1.01.0043 downloaded from http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system Everything is working perfectly, including authorization and area unlocking. However, the DJI website mentions that the beta iOS app can be acquired by emailing flysafe@dji.com - which I did six days ago. Does anybody know where I can get the beta iOS app other than waiting for DJI to respond? A QR code perhaps?

Thanks in advance!
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, would you please provide your email account? I will let the related officers check your email. Thanks. IOS app is not available, it's under developing right now.
2016-2-25
Use props
Outer Marker
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-2-26 11:37
Hi, would you please provide your email account? I will let the related officers check your email. T ...

Hi Amy,

Thank you for your reply. My email address is available in my PM settings, I'd rather not post it on a public forum such as this. However, the DJI website explicitly states in their news release (you can read it here: http://www.dji.com/newsroom/news/dji-launches-public-beta-of-new-geofencing-system) that the iOS app is available by emailing flysafe@dji.com

I have an Apple developer account, and can sideload beta applications very easily. I realize the app would not be available in the app store since it is still in development. That's why I was trying to establish a dialogue with DJI as a beta tester.
Can you PM me so I can send you my email address again?

Thank you!

Information for iOS beta

Information for iOS beta
2016-2-27
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Outer Marker Posted at 2016-2-28 12:45
Hi Amy,

Thank you for your reply. My email address is available in my PM settings, I'd rather not ...

That's the news for the old version of the app, but due to the developing speed, the next version of app is not ready. We will release it when it's fully developed.
2016-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules