After sales service( In progress)
1781 13 2016-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I purchased a Phantom 3 standard one month ago.

It it kept in a hard case and very well looked after.

I noticed a cable hanging from the body which used to go into the gimbal housing. The camera and everything still works fine, but as I don't know what this cable does I don't want to fly it,

I eventually got through to online support, and after an exchange of 5 or 6 messages over the space of an hour and half, I realised the person on the other end didn't have a clue wha I was talking about then just got given a standard 'email customer support, bye' kind of message.

Anyway I've emailed support and still havnt heard anything back.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if you sell something to someone for £450 and it goes wrong after a month (from what looks to me like shoddy workmanship) you should be falling over yourself to help them out. I brought something off eBay for £3.50 and the seller has been more helpful with this than DJI have been.

To say I'm a little disappointed and upset is an understatement. At the very least they could have said 'do not fly this aircraft'.

Sort it out DJI..
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi WolvesSi! I'm sorry for your experience!  could you please pass me your ticket number, so i'll sort it out for you!  Also please take a picture of the issue, probably we can help you out here on a forum. Thank you!
2016-2-25
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi Tim,

My ticket number is 170466

I did post on the forum in the phantom 3 section 'help' already, sorry don't know how to post link.

Basically a cable was sticking out of the side when I got it out.. I asked a few people about it and was told it should simply click into a socket on the board. On inspection it appears the socket has actually disengaged itself from the board, possibly because of faulty soldering.

I may ask for an entire replacement (which under The Consumer Rights Act 2015 makes it an implied term of the contract I have with DJI that goods be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.) I am within my rights to do as I don't know what else within my unit is also faulty.

I am pretty disappointed about this as I absolutely love my Phanton

Again, thanks for your reply Tim. Don't seem to be able to post picture here.. But sure you'll find my other post,
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

WolvesSi Posted at 2016-2-26 16:00
Hi Tim,

My ticket number is 170466

Sorry you are having an issue, to post a photo, click the advanced tab and there you will see a icon to upload photos. After uploading, click confirm and your photo will show in the post.
2016-2-26
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

image.jpeg
2016-2-26
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gutted as its only a month old! Wanna go flying but really don't wanna risk it,..
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

WolvesSi Posted at 2016-2-26 11:19
Gutted as its only a month old! Wanna go flying but really don't wanna risk it,..

Thank you for the photo, Tim said he would look into it after you posted the ticket and photo. So someone should be contacting you. It may not be until Monday since it is already the weekend.
2016-2-26
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ok thanks ken. Good to know someone is on it. All lost fling time though...
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

WolvesSi Posted at 2016-2-27 07:30
Ok thanks ken. Good to know someone is on it. All lost fling time though...

no problem, I am not at work and cannot see a standard but if you do a google search there may be some guidance about the cable. Is the cable unplugged from the camera gimbal of from the aircraft?
It will not just plug back in?You said disconnected from the board, do you mean the camea gimbal?
2016-2-26
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes, apparently there should be a little socket it clicks into, but it looks as if that socket is on the end of the cable.. I took it for a little fly today, everything works fine except for the FPV which is very poor quality and intermittent... Now I thought my FPV wasn't very good from the start so I'm thinking that this was a dodgy connection right from the off,. Really eager to get it either repaired or replaced by DJI though.. I thought buying straight from the manufacturer would make these kind of things easier,,.,.,
2016-2-28
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Are DJI having a laugh?!? They want me to send it tracked courier to the Netherlands at my expense? Time to bring out the Consumer Rights 2015 bill. The unit is unfit for purpose and I want a replacement.

Not happy,
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

WolvesSi Posted at 2016-2-29 00:28
Yes, apparently there should be a little socket it clicks into, but it looks as if that socket is on ...

Here's a photo of where it plugs into. On the bottom of the gimbal there are two little screws (right next to the end of the wire in your photo).
Remove those two screws and pup that little metal cover off and you will see where it plugs into.
And if you do not feel comfortable, you can send it in for repair.
P3 Standard socket (Large).jpg
2016-2-29
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Yes I see that, but the female socket has disconnected itself from the board and is still connected to the cable.
2016-2-29
Use props
WolvesSi
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Ok, so taken it to a local electronics expert (40+ years exp) and he said it looks like some of the worst soldering he's seen. Very dry and very poorly done.... He's having a look at the lot of it and reporting back to me.,,,, doesn't look good DJI.....
2016-2-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules