Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
filmworx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

website

Just wondering if anybody has used this adapter to attach a GoPro to their vision+? It seems like a pretty good setup but I don't see many, if any posts about it so not sure how good it will be.

Anybody have any thoughts on it? The vision+ camera just isn't doing it for me so I'm looking for the best way to swap and hopefully control a GoPro camera from the ground.

Thanks
2015-1-7
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

404 Not Found
2015-1-7
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

I just put one on a Vision+ and so far I have only gotten the video to work (gimbal is bricked).  I have an email into their tech support so I ill let you know how it goes.  Their attention to detail though is outstanding.  Really intelligent design.
2015-1-7
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

I have one I'm using with a h3-3d and Gopro 4. I really like it. My only complaint was that it came with plastic screws to attach it to the Phantom. It made me a little nervous having $1200 worth of equipment hanging a few hundred feet above the earth by 4 little plastic screws. So, I replaced them with nice metal ones (using thread locker too).
2015-1-7
Use props
filmworx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the replies and sorry, I put their website link in wrong - dronexpert.nl

Are there any compromises on viewing quality then or the way the system operates in comparison to the vision+ system? Do you, or are you planning to use the wifi remote that you can buy for the GoPro?

leostrat_54 - when you say the gimbal is 'bricked' I take it this modification didn't screw it up?

thanks
2015-1-7
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

filmworx Posted at 2015-1-8 04:09
Thanks for the replies and sorry, I put their website link in wrong - dronexpert.nl

Are there any c ...

The FPV video feed has some interference when using the quick release and Gopro, but it does not show up in the recordings. Supposedly, it can be fixed with a piece of scotch tape. But that didn't work for me. It doesn't really bother me though. The only other thing is you can't start/stop recording or snap photos while in flight. Not really a deal breaker for me either as I just start recording/taking timed photos before take off. I don't plan on using the remote. It seems to have a very limited range and I don't really mind just starting to record/take timed photos before flight.
2015-1-7
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

filmworx Posted at 2015-1-8 04:09

Are there any c ...

I am planning on using the 'Smart Remote' with my GoPro 4 Black.  It should work out to 300 meters to take photos or movies.  The H3-3D was bought 'new/open box' so I am hoping they will have an easy fix and the problem is not with the gimbal.  The video feed on the iPhone is a little buzzy but that doesn't affect the video.  Matter of fact the 4k movie I shot (even with a dangling gimbal) was stunning, quite a bit better than the P2V+ I have.  Almost Inspire like.  I don't think the quick release bricked the gimbal and I am really looking forward to have this aircraft working with the gimbal.
2015-1-7
Use props
leostrat_54
lvl.3

United States

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-1-8 03:07
I have one I'm using with a h3-3d and Gopro 4. I really like it. My only complaint was that it came  ...

Did you use the Phantom 2v+ Assistant to address the new gimbal or did you have to use the Phantom2 assistant.  I am asking because I have the same setup as you and so far no luck with the gimbal.  

I kind of think the plastic screws are to make sure they don't back out and I'm ok with that (until they fail)
2015-1-7
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

leostrat_54@yah Posted at 2015-1-8 05:38
Did you use the Phantom 2v+ Assistant to address the new gimbal or did you have to use the Phantom ...

The only thing I did with the gimbal in the V+ assistant software was adjust the limits of how far the camera can be pointed up/down and it's speed. What problem are you having with the gimbal?

The guys at dronexpert.nl told me they used plastic screws because plastic was better with vibrations. Makes sense, but they still made me nervous especially since I accidentally popped them out the first time I tried to connect the gimbal.
2015-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules