DJI support (processing)
1561 35 2016-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneOn
New

United States

Within a month of usage the card slot malfunctioned on our Phantom 3 and the memory card would not stay in.  DJI was called and an RMA number issued.  We waited for a shipping label, but all that arrived were instructions that told us to write the RMA number on a shipping label and on the package.  So obviously dissapointed, we paid to ship back to DJI for the warranty repair.  Immediately afterwards, we called to complain that we had to pay shipping on a warranty repair.  We were then informed that as a courtesy they would have sent us a shipping label if we asked for one, but one was never issued, nor did their instructions mention one. They are deceitful and hope that consumers won't ask.  We asked for a credit or some kind of compensation since we were told that our label was never processed. I was told that I could call China long distance, if I wanted to speak to someone who could help me or I could email the generic support@dji.com.  I requested that instead they pass my contact information on to someone and have them call me.  Two weeks later - still no phone call. No apologies, just the excuse that the shipping label is a courtesy and therefore they don't have to issue one. You would think with a premium product, you would get premium customer service, but its not even mediocre.  This is a disgraceful company who has deceitful business practices and does not care about their customers.  Based on this terrible customer service experience, I will never buy another DJI product again and I implore anyone else thinking about it to avoid them at all costs.  Do an internet search and you will see that we are not the only ones they "forgot" to send a shipping label to nor the only issue with customer service. So unless you want to call China to possibly resolve your issues, stay away!
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI provides shipping both ways for warranty and non-warranty items as a courtesy.   What is your ticket number and I will look into it. I edited this post to reflect that shipping is a courtesy.
2016-2-26
Use props
DroneOn
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-26 16:27
It is DJI's policy  that shipping is free both ways for  warranty and non-warranty items.   What is ...

Thank you! RMA: 0208201633859255425
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneOn Posted at 2016-2-27 07:08
Thank you! RMA: 0208201633859255425

Since I do not work in the repair or customer support center I do not know all the rules.
I just saw in your ticket that DJI provides shipping as a courtesy.
I see that the support center supervisor sent you an email saying that they cannot reimburse for the shipping. I am very sorry about that, I do see that it has been repaired and moved to the shipping department.
2016-2-26
Use props
DroneOn
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-26 23:13
Since I do not work in the repair or customer support center I do not know all the rules.
I just s ...

It was a "courtesy" that was never extended. It's a joke. We never received a label.
2016-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneOn Posted at 2016-2-28 12:51
It was a "courtesy" that was never extended. It's a joke. We never received a label.

I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do since management already said they will not reimburse you.
2016-2-27
Use props
DroneOn
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-28 00:51
I am sorry, but there is nothing I can do since management already said they will not reimburse yo ...

I never heard from management, only the initial call center who said they couldn't do anything.  I was told that those that had authority were in China and they could not communicate with them. This is very poor customer service considering they screwed up and management won't even attempt to make it right.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneOn Posted at 2016-3-2 02:50
I never heard from management, only the initial call center who said they couldn't do anything.  I  ...

Again, I am sorry but management has already made their decision.
I see the supervisor emailed you Feb 12th at 4:27pm.
2016-3-1
Use props
DroneOn
New

United States

And wow, more deceitful practices from DJI as there is censorship on these forums! Thanks DJI-Tim for editing the title of my original post from SHAME ON DJI to DJI support (processing), but I think the shame title is more accurate in this situation.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneOn Posted at 2016-3-2 03:02
And wow, more deceitful practices from DJI as there is censorship on these forums! Thanks DJI-Tim fo ...

To be honest, if they said they were going to pay for shipping, I would have called back asking about a shipping label before spending money to ship it. If that would have happened, you would have been sent a shipping label.
I am sorry about that, but as i said before the management has already made a decision.
2016-3-1
Use props
DroneOn
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-1 14:13
To be honest, if they said they were going to pay for shipping, I would have called back asking ab ...

This is a poor excuse, I don't have to ask Amazon or any other retailer to send a return shipping label.  They just do it if there is a return.  We should have been sent a shipping label, period.  And when we complained, there should have been a way to be compensated due to DJI's mistake. We aren't the only people that were never sent a return label.  It should be an automatic part of the process as well as detailed and included in your return instructions.  But go ahead and blame the customer instead.

That supervisor told me on the phone that they did not have authority to do anything. They apparently don't converse with the powers that be in China. Of course he is going to say "no", because he CAN'T do anything. DJI is just not set up for good customer service. Too bad.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

DroneOn Posted at 2016-3-2 06:11
This is a poor excuse, I don't have to ask Amazon or any other retailer to send a return shipping l ...

I am sorry, someone will contact you again.
2016-3-1
Use props
NJFLYGUY
Second Officer
United States

I have to say Im getting a little nervous after reading this. I have also been waiting for shipping labels to be sent. The support personal have been very helpful but nothing seems to get resolved. I am returning a new advanced phantom to purchase a more expensive model. (actually spending an additional $750) I have been told all I have to do is return it for a refund and once refunded I can make a new purchase. 3 times ive been told I should receive the labels by the end of the day and I still do not have them. If anyone could please help it would be very appreciated!
2016-3-2
Use props
DroneOn
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-1 19:58
I am sorry, someone will contact you again.

Thank you Ken and Mark for helping to resolve.  I wish it had not been an issue in the first place or at least the resolution much easier and quicker to attain,  but I do appreciate it and I hope that DJI can make changes so no one else will encounter these types of issues with customer service.
2016-3-2
Use props
DroneOn
New

United States

NJFLYGUY Posted at 2016-3-2 10:24
I have to say Im getting a little nervous after reading this. I have also been waiting for shipping  ...

NJFLYGUY, Keep asking for it and wait for the label! It seems this forum is the best way to get customer service help. Good luck!
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NJFLYGUY Posted at 2016-3-2 23:24
I have to say Im getting a little nervous after reading this. I have also been waiting for shipping  ...

The shipping labels are sent from another department, don't worry you will get one.
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

DroneOn Posted at 2016-3-3 06:51
Thank you Ken and Mark for helping to resolve.  I wish it had not been an issue in the first place  ...

I'm glad it worked out, in the future don't go out on your own and ship and expect to be reimbursed.
The best thing would to have waited for the label and if it didn't come in a timely matter then call and inquire about it.

But, it's over and we can leave this topic behind, I'm glad they took care of you.
2016-3-2
Use props
NJFLYGUY
Second Officer

DroneOn Posted at 2016-3-3 06:53
NJFLYGUY, Keep asking for it and wait for the label! It seems this forum is the best way to get cus ...

Thanks DroneON! Its unbelievable how long its taking to do something so simple all I can do is cross my fingers and hope
2016-3-3
Use props
NJFLYGUY
Second Officer

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 06:59
The shipping labels are sent from another department, don't worry you will get one.

Thanks for the response Ken. If there is any way you could look into it I would be grateful. I've been told several times I should have them by the end of the day. Every morning for the last 2 weeks I load the box into my truck before work so I can stop by Fedex shipping facility on the way home.  
Order # 001157614790
Thank You
- Scott
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NJFLYGUY Posted at 2016-3-3 21:42
Thanks for the response Ken. If there is any way you could look into it I would be grateful. I've  ...

Scott, I looked everything up and you provided the proof of purchase on Feb 26th, even though you first contacted DJI on the 19th for the return.
I apologize for the delay, you will receive the shipping label in the next day or so.
And maybe it was a good thing, because now you can order the P4. Check out the specs page and all the incredible things it does and the pre-order sale price is amazing.
If it were me, I would spend the extra and get the P4, it's 100% worth the difference in price.
Shipping starts mid March to the end of March.
2016-3-3
Use props
NJFLYGUY
Second Officer

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 23:18
Scott, I looked everything up and you provided the proof of purchase on Feb 26th, even though you  ...

Thank You for looking into it Ken, I appreciate your help. The P4 looks incredible! After watching some of the videos showing off what it can do, I have to agree it looks like its worth the extra money.
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NJFLYGUY Posted at 2016-3-4 00:55
Thank You for looking into it Ken, I appreciate your help. The P4 looks incredible! After watching ...

I honestly think the delay was a blessing, even just holding the P4 in your hands it just feels so stout.
It's like a full blown luxury car.
2016-3-3
Use props
NJFLYGUY
Second Officer

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-4 00:57
I honestly think the delay was a blessing, even just holding the P4 in your hands it just feels so ...

I love the new features like active track, I really see that as something I would use on a regular basis. Nothing wrong with a few extra minutes of flight time as well
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NJFLYGUY Posted at 2016-3-4 01:16
I love the new features like active track, I really see that as something I would use on a regular ...

And TapFly id pretty awesome too.
2016-3-3
Use props
NJFLYGUY
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 12:42
And TapFly id pretty awesome too.

Very cool addition that beginners can use right out of the box
2016-3-7
Use props
NJFLYGUY
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-3 10:18
Scott, I looked everything up and you provided the proof of purchase on Feb 26th, even though you  ...

Hi Ken, I still have not received the shipping labels. They really need to double the amount of employees that are working that department. This is incredibly slow even for DJI standards.
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NJFLYGUY Posted at 2016-3-7 21:34
Hi Ken, I still have not received the shipping labels. They really need to double the amount of em ...

Scott,
I do apologize, I spoke to management and they are taking care of it.
2016-3-7
Use props
NJFLYGUY
Second Officer

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-7 23:36
Scott,
I do apologize, I spoke to management and they are taking care of it.

Thank you for your help Ken. I really do appreciate it!
2016-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NJFLYGUY Posted at 2016-3-8 00:14
Thank you for your help Ken. I really do appreciate it!

No problem, and again I apologize.
2016-3-7
Use props
NJFLYGUY
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-7 11:46
No problem, and again I apologize.

Hey Ken I just wanted to say thanks again. I received my shipping labels and the package is on its way back to the warehouse. I honestly dont know what I would have done without your help.  Your support on this forum is greatly appreciated!
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NJFLYGUY Posted at 2016-3-10 05:58
Hey Ken I just wanted to say thanks again. I received my shipping labels and the package is on its ...

No problem at all and glad I could help.
You ordered the P4 right?
2016-3-9
Use props
NJFLYGUY
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 17:06
No problem at all and glad I could help.
You ordered the P4 right?

Im ordering the P4 as soon as my credit card gets refunded. Unfortunately im going to have to wait til then. Hopefully that process goes smoother than the shipping labels. I cant wait to get that bird in the air! Starting to feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas to come hahaa
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NJFLYGUY Posted at 2016-3-10 06:22
Im ordering the P4 as soon as my credit card gets refunded. Unfortunately im going to have to wait ...

Nice, you will absolutely love it. Just read all about it that you can. The P4 website page will get updated as time goes on. When they get the manual available for the public, download it and study it.
What I'v done with all the aircraft I've bought, is download the manual and take it to Kinkos and have it printed and put in a binder.
The P4 manual will have a lot of info on the new technology and you should study it so you know 100% how everything works. Then when yours arrives, you'll already know how to properly use all the features.
2016-3-9
Use props
NJFLYGUY
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-9 17:29
Nice, you will absolutely love it. Just read all about it that you can. The P4 website page will g ...

That is a great idea with the manual in the binder! As far as reading goes im one of those guys who studies every video and piece of info I can get. I think most of the crashes come from people who take it out of the box charge it up and fly it without reading a word of the manual. I prefer to learn from others mistakes which is one of the reasons this forum is priceless
2016-3-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

NJFLYGUY Posted at 2016-3-10 07:21
That is a great idea with the manual in the binder! As far as reading goes im one of those guys wh ...

Exactly, I've been printing the manuals for several years and DJI keeps getting better and better with each new manual that comes out.
Although the manual is in the app along with the tutorial videos, I just find it easier to have a full size one printed out.
2016-3-9
Use props
peterjia
New

Canada

peterjia
Canada
7#
I want to refund my p3p... I called the support on the day my order arrived and they sent me an email. I replied with the information needed last Friday and no one  responded my email since then.... It has not been open or activated. I want to get refund and buy the p4.. Please respond to my email, thank u.
2016-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules