Video with flight data?
9811 15 2016-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sseelbinder
lvl.1

United States

Is there anyway to shoot video and include or superimpose the flight data in the video - altitude, speed, direction, distance, gps coordinates?  If not, does anyone know how to do this in post production?
2016-2-26
Use props
sansouci01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49147 ft
United States

Just wondering the same thing. I see videos with flight data shown on the video. I will be following your post
2016-2-26
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

You can turn on video caption, than on microSD you will found others file that you can open with for example VLC, but I don't know if there will be all you data that you want.
IMG_3218.PNG
2016-2-26
Use props
healycopters
lvl.1

Canada

Google "Dashware" Thats the ticket!
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

healycopters@gm Posted at 2016-2-26 12:57
Google "Dashware" Thats the ticket!

Correct, Dashware  will give you tons of information overlaid on to your video. A Nother alternative is to use a Nvidia shield tablet as they have screen recording on them.
2016-2-26
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

DashWare and some community programs for data conversion...
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... datconverter.66872/

Here is an example video of my 10,025' max range test video with some (very basic) overlays done with Dashware
2016-2-26
Use props
microcyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

So if you had DashWare on a windows box, can you export you data from the DJI Go or do you need to convert the flight data?
2016-2-26
Use props
SierraFlyer
lvl.1

United States

Can you say "A W E S O M E"!  That's the ticket!
2016-2-26
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

microcyb Posted at 2016-2-26 15:32
So if you had DashWare on a windows box, can you export you data from the DJI Go or do you need to c ...

There is a converter for the DAT file.  You can also load Litchi log files directly.  

I am not sure about logs from the GO app.  I have never lifted the P3 off the ground with GO.  It crashes/locks up and I can't trust it so as such, I have never had any logs from GO to try.

I believe you can also download logs from your Healthy Drones flights.
2016-2-26
Use props
SierraFlyer
lvl.1

United States

From my Phantom 3 the datafile is a .SRT file.  I have used the batchconverter.exe program to convert to CSV, but DashWare still does not accept the file.  Is there a better way to ultimately convert the .SRT file for Dashware?  And in DashWare which "data profile" would be used?
2016-2-28
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

SRT file is a format of a subtitle sidecar file.  Its used typically for adding subtitles to movies (real movies) for the deaf.  It is not frame accurate.

The SRT produced by the phantom is EXTREMELY limited in the data it contains.  You want to access the text/csv/dat files either direct from the drone via the USB port on the body or from GO or Litchi folders on your Android/iOS device.  Those contain substantially more data than the SRT file contains and are highly time sensitive which will provide proper data time slices for DashWare.

Also, the SRT file is extremely granular, meaning it has data chunks spread out across the time, not by the millisecond like the files mentioned above.

I am trying, in a nice way, to tell you the SRT file is all but worthless.  If you want the instruments like I put on my video, go to the app logs, healtydrones downloads, or the dat files off the bird.
2016-2-29
Use props
Aerian
lvl.1

Romania

Please help with this question http://forum.dji.com/thread-43958-1-1.html thanks!
2016-2-29
Use props
SierraFlyer
lvl.1

United States

Wolfiesden Posted at 2016-2-29 09:01
SRT file is a format of a subtitle sidecar file.  Its used typically for adding subtitles to movies  ...

Which file(s) am I looking to use?  I see idx files, thm files, but they don't seem to want to import nor convert for import.
2016-3-6
Use props
SierraFlyer
lvl.1

United States

SierraFlyer Posted at 2016-3-6 10:40
Which file(s) am I looking to use?  I see idx files, thm files, but they don't seem to want to imp ...

Oops, sorry, found them.  Good resource here:  

2016-3-6
Use props
Wolfiesden
lvl.3

United States

For others playing along....

There are 2 sources for data logs.  1. the app.  2. the bird.  The app (Go, Litchi, etc) will store text files of various formats on your android/ios device.  Most apps also upload to Healthy Drones and you can download CSV and KML files from there too.  The second source is the bird itself.  By plugging the phantom body's USB into your PC,  you can download .DAT files which are the bird's own data logs (outside the app).

For me, I simply open a file browsesr on my phone/tablet and send the CSV files from Litchi right to my dropbox.  They soon appear on my desktop (also linked to my dropbox) ready to use.
2016-3-8
Use props
Flipperman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4224925 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone successfully connect their P3 to their Mac rather than Windows machine via USB on P3 itself and set Flight Data Mode ? When I do that (set flight data mode) and then plug into USB, the bird beeps like it does when doing an update from SD card but doesnt appear on the Mac as a separate drive ?
BTW - works fine when I connect to a windows machine...
2016-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules