Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom drone found - UK Milton Keynes in Nov/Dec 15
1705 10 2016-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerry486
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579357 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Phantom drone found - 2-3 months ago as reported by the person who handled this over to us, so Nov-Dec 2015.
Milton Keynes, UK

I will not disclose the exact model (don't assume it's 2 just because I have posted in the Phantom 2 section).

If you have lost your precious toy and can prove you were in the area where this was found (simply by stating where it was) + present a receipt / or bring your transmitter which should clearly prove your ownership.

Drone works and is ready to go back to it's righful owner!

Once you have proven this you will also agree to attend a 30 minute session on "How to fly your drone safely" with me and my RC hobby team.

Reply to this post or email me at: mail AT jtalbert.biz
2016-2-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

This is funny!
A drone held "hostage"...nice...

I have posted on the P3 site as well...http://forum.dji.com/thread-43721-1-1.html

2016-2-26
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Who is this jerk?
2016-2-26
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

No clue but pretty sure he has everyone's attention...LOL,

Once you have proven this you will also agree to attend a 30 minute session on "How to fly your drone safely" with me and my RC hobby team.

Reply to this post or email me at: mail AT jtalbert.biz
2016-2-26
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

I wonder which club member has the brass knuckles?
2016-2-27
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

How do you know if it works besides seeing the lights flashing, etc? Without the radio it wont start. Plus, if you bind it to your radio to check it out, then how is the "owner" going to prove its his with his radio, since its no longer programmed to his?
2016-2-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

If you show up with a receipt or something with the serial no. or maybe description of video if an SD card were in it,
That said, if the owner showed up with their RC, a charged battery, no reason it would not work as long as someone has not reprogrammed it.
I have two RC's on mty P2V+ v3.0 and i swap between the two with a simple reset on the bottom of the Phantom.
2016-2-28
Use props
jerry486
lvl.2
Flight distance : 579357 ft
United Kingdom

Listen, guy will answer a few questions, if it adds up, they can have their toy back.

Besides, I am not the one who kept it hostage, the individual who approached us claimed he had it lying around for months hoping someone would turn up..

So, any CONSTRUCTIVE ideas would be welcome..
2016-2-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

jerry486 Posted at 2016-2-29 00:45
Listen, guy will answer a few questions, if it adds up, they can have their toy back.

Besides, I am ...

jerry,
all in good fun, just thought the posting was funny...

Good of you to at least post and give the person who lost it an opportunity to reclaim it. Not sure if the person who lost it reported it to the Police in the area, they may have a file on it.

Not sure if a craigslist ad in the lost and found or anything like that would do it but it may be the person that lost it has figured it is long gone...

Did anyone check the memory card in the camera (presuming there was one) for any footage that may indicate where it came from?

If there was, you could post a video or pict of the footage or something here and on the P3 forum, who knows!

Otherwise, if no one claims it, pick yourself up an RC (likely one listed on craigslist or ebay) and have at it. I picked up a second RC from a fellow that lost his bird in the drink and never recovered it.
2016-2-28
Use props
martyn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51191 ft
United Kingdom

I lost my DJI Phantom Vision Plus on December 4th. I was about 25-30 mins away from your location. It may have made it there Im not sure. If there is a 32GB SD card in it ...then it may be mine ?
2016-3-9
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

martyn@martynbi Posted at 2016-3-10 05:00
I lost my DJI Phantom Vision Plus on December 4th. I was about 25-30 mins away from your location. I ...

He left his email hint in the first mail...
mail@jtxxxxxx.biz

Hopefully jerry can respond and is still watching!
2016-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules