Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
1st Video with Polar Pro
989 9 2016-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

This is my first video with the Polar Pro ND8 filter. It helped a lot but I think an ND16 would have been better. Unfortunately that doesn't come in their 3 pack. What do ya'll think?

2016-2-26
Use props
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

On my screen the colours look very saturated.  Great scenery :-)
2016-2-27
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Yes here too. Very vibrant. Not sure if I like it as it doesn't look natural. It's almost as if it's been adjusted in a software. Lovely footage
2016-2-27
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Step in the right direction.Colour correction (eye of the beholder) can be carried out in post production.Alder wood which i suspect it is does tends to look very purple in colour in  winter especially in the low light areas of the video.When the angle of light changes it looks washed out.Try some manual settings for comparisons.
2016-2-27
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the tips. The video was supposedly "corrected" with YouTube's software. Here is one at the same location without the YouTube color correction:

2016-2-27
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Much better the second video! I like how this filter the sun light. Have you tried some long exp still photos with it?
2016-2-27
Use props
smokincigar
lvl.3
Canada

The second video does look much nicer. Youtube adds way too much contrast and saturation. Based on your second video, I would say the ND8 was a good choice. The sky looks pretty good and the ground looks well exposed. I think your result here is a perfect starting point for some post processing.
2016-2-27
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Second video better.  Make slower moves and move the gimbal lower to bring the horizon up.  This will get the props out of the picture, and not waste half the screen on blue sky.
2016-2-27
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Here's a quick one i did today at lunch. Just trying to get the post video editing down. At least get some practice in.

2016-3-4
Use props
wheeliesteve
lvl.2

United States

Here's one I did with the ND32 filter. It wasn't quite bright enough to be using this one. Should have used the ND16. But I'm learning. lol

2016-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules