Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FAA Requires Permits
1552 10 2015-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markosb1
lvl.2

United States

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rund ... real-estate-drones/

It was going to happen, but still would be difficult to manage.  Would it be better to have harsher penalties for those who are caught doing things illegal?
2015-1-7
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

The FAA has issued many orders to "Stop what you are doing" to several companies already. Some have been fined. If you want to make your actions very public by Youtube videos and advertising, than you will fall under the eyes of the FAA. Those that are doing it illegally without making themselves known will continue to do so no matter what the rules are.
2015-1-7
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

Welcome to the USA where just about everything is regulated and permitted to death. Don't get me wrong, I do see the need for some regulation/permitting when it come to using these things around a lot of people or flown where there's other aircraft. But, for most uses it's just overkill to require it.
2015-1-7
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

If the FAA continues to mandate pilot's licenses to fly these commercially, it's just going to encourage continued flaunting of the law.  Which will become such a burden to enforce, it will become like the illegal immigration problem in the US.  There will be a small segment of society which pay the price and obey the regulations, resentful of a majority of pirates flying around.
2015-1-7
Use props
markosb1
lvl.2

United States

kjkisatsky@comc Posted at 2015-1-8 02:09
If the FAA continues to mandate pilot's licenses to fly these commercially, it's just going to encou ...

I would have little issue with getting a permit to photograph and shoot video in a National Park, so long as I follow specific rules.  My guess is that the FAA is getting into this due to the fact that some people flew into restricted airspace.  Now they want control over everything.  Thanks to those few people.

I am seriously considering a quadcopter within the next 6-12 months.  I want to be able to shoot video and photograph in certain state parks without the need for a permit, due to the fact that I shot photography in them for 15 years.  Some of us fly to get another perspective at a lower cost than renting a plane or heli.  I don't need to go above 400 ft for that, sometimes getting above the tree line can do it.  

I feel for the real estate guys and gals out there who were hoping to expand business a little.
2015-1-7
Use props
markosb1
lvl.2

United States

jmtw000 Posted at 2015-1-8 01:51
Welcome to the USA where just about everything is regulated and permitted to death. Don't get me wro ...

It's still not as bad as some places like North Korea.
2015-1-7
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

But there the Supreme Leader is always looking out for what is best for you!   As far as I know, no permit is required to fly in state parks.  That restriction is only National Parks.  I cringe at the idea of trying to get an exemption there.  My suggestion would be to film away in state parks while you still can.  Only a matter of time before we are banned there as well.
2015-1-7
Use props
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

markosb1@gmail. Posted at 2015-1-8 02:34
It's still not as bad as some places like North Korea.

Yeah... not yet anyhow
2015-1-7
Use props
jedthone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 612927 ft
United States

Its just another example of "What is good for me is not good for thee" mentality of the US government right now.

They can fly all the drones they want to take photographs and intercept your cell phone conversations but OMG a CIVILIAN wants to take PHOTOs for a BUSINESS! NONONO!
2015-1-7
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

The National Parks ban the flying of drones as well as some State parks. All state parks in my county will not allow the use of any R/C aircraft without written permission from the park superintendent. Check your local state park rules and regulations to keep out of trouble.
2015-1-7
Use props
anthony
lvl.2
United States

"The permits require that ... the pilot have at least an FAA private pilot certificate and a current medical certificate, "

Utterly ludicrous.
2015-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules