Remote charging
944 5 2016-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
videomaker
lvl.2

United States

Hello everyone,
Is there a tested solution by now to charge Inspire1 batteries on the field? Not sure if the way to go is by Power Inverter + regular bat charger (true sine wave inverter according to posts, car running all time), Car Charger (like some found on Amazon, Ebay, etc), Gas Power Generator, 12 volt Jump Starter Kit or some other means?
Have 3 batteries now , getting 3 more (TB48's), but it would be nice to be able to charge a battery or remote control in case of an emergency, even if at the rate of one at a time.
Have researched this topic but there seems to be no definite solution up to this point yet.
Thanks for any help.
2016-2-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Personally I use a 1500 watt invertr that I connect directly to the battery,  I also own a 350 watt inverter for charging my Ipad and occasionally a battery on the way to my destination.  Make sure if you do this to run the engine now and then to make sure you dont drain your battery.

-donnie
2016-2-27
Use props
videomaker
lvl.2

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-2-27 06:52
Personally I use a 1500 watt invertr that I connect directly to the battery,  I also own a 350  ...

Got it, I would probably use it while driving from one place to another, usually for a period of about one hour more or less. Is your 350 inverter a true sinewave or modified model?
2016-2-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

videomaker Posted at 2016-2-27 10:49
Got it, I would probably use it while driving from one place to another, usually for a period of a ...

Modified Sine wave on the 350  and  the 1500.  Never had any trouble whatsoever.  They come in very handy.

cheers -donnie
2016-2-27
Use props
donco234
lvl.1

United States

don't intend to sound like I am bragging but fir information, I travel in a motorhome and it has a 2000 Watt inverter and a generator. The batteries, I pads, and the controllers charge perfectly on either source.
2016-2-27
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

yeah i've seen some guys connecting the inverter to their car battery and changing lipos... Didn't try it myself yet
2016-2-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules